mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Most interesting feature woot's added in a loooooong time.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Okay, what am I not seeing/understanding in terms of this meriting its own thread? I assume it's something more interesting than "shirts woot originally forgot to include aren't sorting correctly by sales."

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

I don't get it Wednesday... what are we not seeing?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

yeah, i am a bit obtuse (blame the Baby Bell cheese wheels - what a party that was!), so perhaps it's me, but i also am not sure what we're looking for here. other than the obvious.

if it is a bug, plz to share that i might forward said issue to people who can remedy such things.

if it is a criticism....well, make it clearer that i might summarily ignore it.

ETA: it occurs to me there might be a 3rd possibility: it's a sincere compliment. in which case, thank you and i love you and i withdraw my snark.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

This is like those stereograms isn't it?

I see....a dolphin...maybe?

move along

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
j5 wrote:This is like those stereograms isn't it?

Narwhal, perhaps.

I'm just hanging out, really.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I see a couple tees which I don't think ever officially sold here if you sort it that way, but past that I have to presume it's simply a convenient way to answer the inevitable Onerous Massive Family Gathering 1000 SHURTZ I BET NOTHING HAZ EVA SOLD LESS LOLULUOLOLUZ trolls that come about 'round monthly

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Perhaps it's a way to keep track of what is the worst selling shirt? I'm sad to see Spring Rebirth in last place right now, since it's one of my favorite shirts, and one I wish I could replace.

ETA: Is this best selling order based on current new sales, or all time sales?

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

Wow, I figured it would be more obvious. I guess I'm the only one that appreciates a reliable (I had assumed but all the questions make me wonder) way to sort by sales from top to bottom. Everyone knows the top sellers but the bottom sellers are a lot more obscure. I find the things that seemed to have appealed to almost no one really fascinating. It's a nice little window into what the shirt woot consumers aren't. You guys act like I'm some sort of sarcasm machine.

bluetuba

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bluetuba

I do think people were expecting something less obvious, pretty funny!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

What does it say about me that it's the first thing I did?
I guess from the thread I was expecting something more dramatic.

move along

kevlar51

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kevlar51
mrwednesday wrote:Wow, I figured it would be more obvious. I guess I'm the only one that appreciates a reliable (I had assumed but all the questions make me wonder) way to sort by sales from top to bottom. Everyone knows the top sellers but the bottom sellers are a lot more obscure. I find the things that seemed to have appealed to almost no one really fascinating. It's a nice little window into what the shirt woot consumers aren't. You guys act like I'm some sort of sarcasm machine.

It's the way the Subject is written. "Go to page 48" reads like a direction. So we're thinking you're telling us "go to page 48 if you want to see the best feature ever!"

And then we go there thinking there's some easter egg or something, when in reality you're staying "the best feature ever is the ability to click on 'Go to Page 48' "

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:This is like those stereograms isn't it?

inkycatz wrote:Narwhal, perhaps.

Freud would have a lot to say about you two.

I think just having the whole catalog is nice, particularly since the loss of shirt.what.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
mrwednesday wrote:Wow, I figured it would be more obvious. I guess I'm the only one that appreciates a reliable (I had assumed but all the questions make me wonder) way to sort by sales from top to bottom. Everyone knows the top sellers but the bottom sellers are a lot more obscure. I find the things that seemed to have appealed to almost no one really fascinating. It's a nice little window into what the shirt woot consumers aren't. You guys act like I'm some sort of sarcasm machine.

Dude.... it's teh internetz, if it isn't something shocking or hilarious, it's sarcasm.... and if it isn't those things, it's dull.