wonderwoman1100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderwoman1100

Love the color & design. Can't decide if I really care about the clock being at 4:20... wish it was set at 7:30 since that's when Adventure Time comes on. |(• ◡ •)| (❍ᴥ❍Ʋ)

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Oh my dear lord! A shirt that... isn't for ME?!?!?! Why, I never! Harrumph and foofarraw! *monocle falls, saved only by the solid gold chain that it now dangles from*

ChronoSquall14

wonderwoman1100 wrote:Love the color & design. Can't decide if I really care about the clock being at 4:20... wish it was set at 7:30 since that's when Adventure Time comes on. |(• ◡ •)| (❍ᴥ❍Ʋ)

Someone in Central is going to have a bone to pick with you. Or, if you're in Central, every other time zone.

wonderwoman1100

ChronoSquall14 wrote:Someone in Central is going to have a bone to pick with you. Or, if you're in Central, every other time zone.

Well, true. I'm on the east coast. I think we can all agree that no one time would have been perfect for everyone.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pitamuffin
skatimmy737 wrote:Ohhhh... so THIS is this show's appeal!

My thought exactly. I never understood why there were so many Adventure Time shirts popping up everywhere. Now I do. See, this is a very informative place.

I have to admit to liking shows like H.R. Pufnstuf and Lidsville, back in the day. They were kids shows, but with definite adult and not-so-subtle undertones. Something to appeal to everyone, just like A.T. and this shirt.

LuckySevens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LuckySevens

It's high time an Adventure time shirt was put out.

For everyone else, sorry your dad ate your fries.

Blaraphon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blaraphon

I would just like to point out that most of the comments on here are in regards to a "lost sale" and that they would NOT buy this shirt for their children with 420 on it. I mean, obviously you would buy the shirt for your kid if it had a different time on it, right? I mean, when I was a kid, I ALWAYS wanted a shirt with a clock on it. I'm glad you are all great parents and realize that all kids want a frozen clock on their shirt.

Let's get real, this shirt is going to sell a LOT more just because of the 420 referrence. Everyone complaining about a "lost sale" should reevaluate their taste in children's clothing...

NoSuccess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NoSuccess

The write up for the shirt has multiple clues if anyone had bothered to read it:

"It's great when adults can enjoy entertainment made for children."

"It makes sense that fully grown humans would be thrilled."

"Wear this shirt: anytime between 4:19 and 4:21"

"This shirt tells the world: I'm moving to Washington state or Colorado. Someday. Are these the last of the gushers?"

For a second I thought that it was inappropriate that the shirt was even available in child sizes. Then I realized that there are fully grown human adults that can wear child sized clothes.

wethesockmonkeys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wethesockmonkeys

Nope. No interest in wearing a shirt that tells the world in a wink-wink fashion that I smoke pot. Nor would I buy one for my kid. It doesn't matter if it's legal in some places, comparatively safe, etc., a reference that screams, "I smoke pot!" kills this one. I think the time choice by the artist probably killed a LOT of sales. And a previous poster made a very good point about how a shirt with a drug reference would probably not make it past the derby rejectionator. And speaking as a parent of teens and pre-teens, this show is totally marketed to young kids.

NoSuccess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NoSuccess
wonderwoman1100 wrote:Well, true. I'm on the east coast. I think we can all agree that no one time would have been perfect for everyone.

Except for the time they picked. That works in any time zone.

Lithonius

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lithonius
heysandyhey wrote:as an avid adventure time fan, shmowzow.

C'mon and grab your friends. We'll go to very distant lands.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

I must say that I didn't see 4:20, and I used to be in a hippie jam band that put out an album called 4:20. I saw "That clock looks like... oh, Adventure Time." Nobody will see 4:20 unless they're actively into stoner culture. As a parent of young kids, I declare this SFS (safe for school.) BTW, kids can't even tell time on "round clocks".

Lithonius

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lithonius
LuckySevens wrote:For everyone else, sorry your dad ate your fries.

Apparently she bought them, and they were hers.

wonderwoman1100

WOW! That photo just rocks!

Marceline is my favorite. :D

wonderwoman1100

NoSuccess wrote:Except for the time they picked. That works in any time zone.

TRUTH!

christheartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christheartist

As a former educator i can guarantee, even if YOU don't get the 420 reference, there is a good chance your child will be sent home from school or be asked to change this shirt if he wears it to class...420 is a NONO in schools.

DocWayne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DocWayne

Fun shirt with an unfortunate reference. If you like it, cool. I, for one, agree with the voice of many others and will not be purchasing this.

Have fun on random shirt day when you get three of these leftovers in your bag.

kjlane

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kjlane
CowboyDann wrote:I need to come here more often, I love watching all the sensitives get offended.

For me at least, it's less offensive than it is difficult to explain. There's several kids in my family I'd love to give this as a gift, but their folks are going to raise an eyebrow to the 4:20 and I'd rather just avoid having to explain that.

On another note, I really wish the clock itself was an actual product - I'd be in for three!

morningpanda

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morningpanda
Quaddawg wrote:wow.... just wow.... I didn't realize that mainstream America was still so uptight...

Drugs? It's pot you guys... do you go around "poo pooing" beer shirts? That drug is WAY WAY more harmful... but something tells me that if it were a King of the Hill shirt with Alamo beer, or The Simpsons with Duff beer, we wouldn't be seeing these ridiculous "OH NO IT'S A DRUGGIE SHIRT" comments... again, wow, just wow.

You do realize that Marijuana is legal in a couple of states recreationally, right??

Oh my god. You people need to take a chill pill, or maybe a chill doobie??

I dream of an age where everyone is not an i-d-iot.... oh wait, I'm stoned (and therefore must be a loser)

And yeah, Adventure Time is definitely a stoner show...

It's not so much that it's a "pot reference", but my god, pot is so over-played. The only things stoners have to talk about is "that one time I was stoned". It's more so obnoxious and, again, over-played. I would totally buy this shirt if I didn't think my annoying pot-head peers would try to befriend me. I'm an art student, and while I'm not against pot, I don't make it my intention to befriend my obnoxious peers.

akabaloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akabaloo

Instead of being angry at Woot for offering an Adventure Time shirt with a subtle 4:20 reference, (that no one would understand but adults) and not being able to buy it for your kids, why don't you just buy them official Cartoon Network Adventure Time Products?

I'm sure your children would appreciate it much more if you bought them a less subtle Adventure Time shirt than this one. Trust me, as a former child, I would much have an officially branded shirt than one that is clearly not created with Cartoon Network's permission.

I'm pretty sure that Woot was not created for children, anyway.

ChronoSquall14

I expected a celebratory boost in sales in Washington and Colorado, but Maine and Nebraska? What? You guys, too?

solidstiles

quality posts: 3 Private Messages solidstiles
wethesockmonkeys wrote: I think the time choice by the artist probably killed a LOT of sales.

And on the flip side of that, it probably EARNED the artist a lot of sales as well.

syntaxterror

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntaxterror

you guys are ridiculous. If it were beer or caffeine, would you whine? Do I like every shirt every day? hell no. so why whine? cause your mad a stoner cartoon, has a weed reference shirt? yeah... like going to a bar and being offended by beer

ChronoSquall14

syntaxterror wrote:you guys are ridiculous. If it were beer or caffeine, would you whine? Do I like every shirt every day? hell no. so why whine? cause your mad a stoner cartoon, has a weed reference shirt? yeah... like going to a bar and being offended by beer

While I don't disagree that panties are getting overly twisted about this, being in an enclosed space and exposed to tobacco or marijuana smoke is different than being exposed to beer burps.

syntaxterror

ChronoSquall14 wrote:While I don't disagree that panties are getting overly twisted about this, being in an enclosed space and exposed to tobacco or marijuana smoke is different than being exposed to beer burps.

none that come out of this shirt. ;)

syntaxterror

ChronoSquall14 wrote:While I don't disagree that panties are getting overly twisted about this, being in an enclosed space and exposed to tobacco or marijuana smoke is different than being exposed to beer burps.

also different then being killed by a drunk driver.... where are the out of control stoned drivers? i think beer and pills got that one

jeremyham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremyham

is the reference really that subtle? I have 2 kids that watch the show on the regular and love it. I just think the shirt is tacky for a kid to wear, much like having them wear a Budweiser shirt.

kuhnj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kuhnj
syntaxterror wrote:also different then being killed by a drunk driver.... where are the out of control stoned drivers? i think beer and pills got that one

lol @ all the stoners that get mad at people not liking the 420 reference. Nobody said they're boycotting woot - they said they wouldn't buy the shirt.

And, for the wishbones, please chill out with the whole "butbeer is worse than pot!" because, while it may be worse for you, it is certainly more socially acceptable. Some people have real adult lives/jobs/families/friendships and it would really not be smart or "respectable" for them to wear this shirt.

Anyways, go sit back on your futon and play your 360 while those of us with something meaningful to do, do (doo doo!).

inb4 rustled jimmies.

megafr0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages megafr0
frickinawesome wrote:Am i missing something or doesn't the clock point to 4:22 (and 37 seconds for those extremely anal folk)as being the time on the clock?!?!?!?! WHERE ARE PEOPLE GETTING 4 HONKIN 20?? ARE THEY HIGH OR SOMETHING?

I think you need to look a little closer there friend. The small hand points to the hour. =)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
wonderwoman1100 wrote:Well, true. I'm on the east coast. I think we can all agree that no one time would have been perfect for everyone.

A voice of reason appears in the wild!

I'm just hanging out, really.

mickz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mickz

Gore Vidal? Really? Wow!

hornedsalmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hornedsalmon

All the adults that are complaining adventure time is kid orientated and this shirt is not surprised me. Clearly you haven't watched very many episodes. The majority of them have lots of a adult references the writers seem to just be hoping no one gets. Home-movies is adult swim but adventure time is not? Never got that.

There are a lot more people who only bought this shirt because of the dual reference than there are mad parents who would have bought one for their kid but didn't. A shirt that was just the hat with no clock, or another time, would have been bland and wouldn't have sold, or even voted to the shirt of the day.

Perhaps there is a reason there is a whole separate section on this site for kids....

pinnballwizzardd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinnballwizzardd

This is literally the greatest T-shirt I have ever seen in my entire life.

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole

Dudes--

Buying a giblet for Christmas for my brother.

Does the XL run small or large? SHort or long?

PUfelix85

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PUfelix85

It is interesting that the states with a lot of wooters wooting are Nebraska, Maine, Colorado, and Washington. Must be the 4.20 reference.

x8

pitamuffin

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pitamuffin
kuhnj wrote:And, for the wishbones, please chill out with the whole "butbeer is worse than pot!"

What is this "butbeer" you speak of? Am I missing a reference?!?!

And by the way, I would like to see a shirt featuring but(t)beer.

syntaxterror

kuhnj wrote:lol @ all the stoners that get mad at people not liking the 420 reference. Nobody said they're boycotting woot - they said they wouldn't buy the shirt.

And, for the wishbones, please chill out with the whole "butbeer is worse than pot!" because, while it may be worse for you, it is certainly more socially acceptable. Some people have real adult lives/jobs/families/friendships and it would really not be smart or "respectable" for them to wear this shirt.

Anyways, go sit back on your futon and play your 360 while those of us with something meaningful to do, do (doo doo!).

inb4 rustled jimmies.

I don't care what people like or dislike. I get tired of the double standard that causes the social acceptability to be different, without reason

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole
syntaxterror wrote:I don't care what people like or dislike. I get tired of the double standard that causes the social acceptability to be different, without reason

It's also illegal. Until it's legal, it ain't something most of us with jobs can be seen doing: breaking the law.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 17 Private Messages meandsecoya
orabbit wrote:I must say that I didn't see 4:20, and I used to be in a hippie jam band that put out an album called 4:20. I saw "That clock looks like... oh, Adventure Time." Nobody will see 4:20 unless they're actively into stoner culture. As a parent of young kids, I declare this SFS (safe for school.) BTW, kids can't even tell time on "round clocks".

Just want to point out two things in response to your post. First, I am not, nor have I ever been, part of 'stoner culture' and I got the 4:20 reference but had no clue what the rest of the shirt was about until I read the comments. I've never seen Adventure Time. So, I immediately thought it was a pot shirt with an obscure reference to something else. Second, kids most certainly can tell time on 'round clocks', or analogs as they're normally called. My daughter learned how to tell time on normal clocks in 1st grade last year. Even if they couldn't tell time, and don't know a thing about the 4:20 reference, parents would get a phone call from the school within the first hour of being in class. I can pretty much guarantee it.

As for the shirt, I wouldn't buy it for my kids, even with a different time, because they wouldn't like it. And, it's not something I would wear either. However, plenty of other people feel differently, and that's okay. There will be a new shirt on sale tomorrow that I just might like. :-)

PurplePawprints elsewhere

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

Well, I got an education reading this thread.