orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
oakenspirit wrote:Are these submission ready?

I'm at work now and can't really do any more work on them until Sunday or so, so I am subbing these today at noon or won't be able to for a while...

Thoughts? I have two-

This one is a watercolor I scanned in and halftoned... still has the watercolor look I think.
Thinking of calling it "Dreams of the Hunt"

This one is a winner for sure. It looks great! Maybe add some texture to the moon? Here's a link to some that are halftoned and ready to drop on.

http://cxcitybrand.com/free-screen-print-ready-textures/
http://cxcitybrand.com/free-screen-print-ready-texturestexture-packv2-by-cx-city/

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
orabbit wrote:This one is a winner for sure. It looks great! Maybe add some texture to the moon? Here's a link to some that are halftoned and ready to drop on.

http://cxcitybrand.com/free-screen-print-ready-textures/
http://cxcitybrand.com/free-screen-print-ready-texturestexture-packv2-by-cx-city/

Wow man, thanks! These are super helpful.

I'll see if I can juryrig something together during my planning period.

aznZephyr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznZephyr

Choose any of the following art styles? Why not all the art styles? Challenge accepted!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Edgar watercolor shirt!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy

Hi guys We don't do this often, but Nox and I are having trouble deciding on a shirt color for our snow girl. Here's a cleaned up version of the line art for her on baby blue and royal. Nox is worried about her disappearing on the baby (the subtlety is what I like about it), so she likes the royal better. I have an intense hate for royal shirts, so I'm WAY to biased to make this call myself LOL.

Thanks in advance for your opinions :D

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
noxandpy wrote:Hi guys We don't do this often, but Nox and I are having trouble deciding on a shirt color for our snow girl. Here's a cleaned up version of the line art for her on baby blue and royal. Nox is worried about her disappearing on the baby (the subtlety is what I like about it), so she likes the royal better. I have an intense hate for royal shirts, so I'm WAY to biased to make this call myself LOL.

Thanks in advance for your opinions :D

The light one makes me think of ice, the dark one water... I think both are lovely but I like the light one more... I see how you are nervous about the color though...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

"Please indicate in your detail images or in comments which style derby you are referencing."

i notice at least one of the entries in the fog hasn't done this. however, it's pretty obvious from looking which style they're doing.

so ... spirit or letter of the law?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
no1 wrote:"Please indicate in your detail images or in comments which style derby you are referencing."

i notice at least one of the entries in the fog hasn't done this. however, it's pretty obvious from looking which style they're doing.

so ... spirit or letter of the law?

If it's a good design, letter of the law. If it's terribly done and hackily conceived, spirit of the law.

At least, that's been how rejections have been made in all other style derbies

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
kylemittskus wrote:Edgar watercolor shirt!

Agreed.

I need a followup to "air".

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
artulo wrote:Agreed.

I need a followup to "air".

Somebody light the Edgar shaped beacon!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

So does anyone know/think that "technical limitations" also means that if a derby said "No Text" that rule still applies?

gallifreya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallifreya

Not entirely sure how to do the mockups, or anything really, but this old one of mine happened to fit the theme, so first woot entry, here I am!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
tjschaeffer wrote:So does anyone know/think that "technical limitations" also means that if a derby said "No Text" that rule still applies?

Text isn't a technical limitation. It is a content limitation, similar to 'no video games'. The text rule for this derby is 'no text only' designs, using one of the identified techniques/styles.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.