WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you dress up for Thanksgiving?
  • 6.4% - Yeah, it's a big to-do in my family. 46
  • 58.6% - Nah. We keep it casual. 421
  • 27.6% - I consider it a victory if I manage to put pants on. 198
  • 7.4% - I actually don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so it's just another Thursday for me. 53
718 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

I wear a poncho, or a table cloth - depending where I am. Hey, is that Jack Daniels over there? Naw, It is Capt. Morgan of Company "I-Keep"...

Ah, the hell with it.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Well, we are having a big to-do this year. Having a family photo taken, so dressy dressy. We always meet and eat. :-)

bblhed

quality posts: 10 Private Messages bblhed

I grew up in an Irish & Italian household in an industrial part of Connecticut and every holiday meant that you would be wearing at least dress shoes, pants and a button down long sleeve shirt if you were male, and something on par if you were female.

Now I do the holiday with my wife's Hungarian family in Fairfield County Connecticut (Read high dollar college educated office workers and bankers part of the state, most people in this area work in New York City), they wear jeans and short sleeves, I felt really out of place when I showed up the first time and I was wearing pants and a blazer.

Now I wear Slacks, and short sleeve button down but I do miss dressing for the holidays.

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629

Am I the only one who thought, 'Wait I need clarification on this question?' Based on the comments it seems everyone else assumed Woot meant dress up as in "gussy up" right? Why were my first thought "Who puts on costumes for Thanksgiving?"
I guess I need coffee.

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde
crystalrose629 wrote:Am I the only one who thought, 'Wait I need clarification on this question?' Based on the comments it seems everyone else assumed Woot meant dress up as in "gussy up" right? Why were my first thought "Who puts on costumes for Thanksgiving?"
I guess I need coffee.

My first reaction, too. Suuuuure...I break out the blunderbuss and buckled shoes every Thanksgiving! LOL

grapefruitstreet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grapefruitstreet

This year I'm wearing my Bluth's Original Frozen Banana shirt and my Darth Vader pajama pants. So I'm pretty dressed up.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Having to spend Thanksgiving with family that does not behave at all well towards us, unable to not go because of the drama it would cause, I will enjoy dressing as slovenly as possible in silent, petty protest. Today it shall be sweatpants and woot shirt and hoodie. And when they ask me what I have done with my life, I will perkily grin and inform them of my burgeoning prostitution and drug ring in full earnestness. I am very clever and mature in my communications of disrespect.

Happy Thanksgiving!

(I am incredibly thankful for my first world problems.)

oboysmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oboysmom
bblhed wrote:I grew up in an Irish & Italian household in an industrial part of Connecticut and every holiday meant that you would be wearing at least dress shoes, pants and a button down long sleeve shirt if you were male, and something on par if you were female.

Now I do the holiday with my wife's Hungarian family in Fairfield County Connecticut (Read high dollar college educated office workers and bankers part of the state, most people in this area work in New York City), they wear jeans and short sleeves, I felt really out of place when I showed up the first time and I was wearing pants and a blazer.

Now I wear Slacks, and short sleeve button down but I do miss dressing for the holidays.

I also grew up in mid-state ct and dressed for every occasion and now live in ffld county and have experienced the same thing. Today I still had my hubby and kids dress for the day but we were the only ones at both houses we were invited to.