5%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

debbernaut

quality posts: 8 Private Messages debbernaut

oh jeez, that's depressing- as if this whole damn holiday thing wasn't depressing enough- a despondent polar bear trapped on a tiny ice floe! twist the knife a little MORE, why don't you! And it's on white, a color which makes me look more dead! it's the t-shirt equivalent of "Love Will Tear Us Apart"!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

What's more depressing:
a: the shirt
b: the vote count
?

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

It's sad because it's true.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

robbabcock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robbabcock

Jeebus, part of me loves the shirt but I don't want one that makes me cry every time I pull it outta the hamper...

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich
robbabcock wrote:Jeebus, part of me loves the shirt but I don't want one that makes me cry every time I pull it outta the hamper...

I thought I'd be the only one to feel this way. It's really lovely, but man, I'm tearing up just typing this.

therealjrn

quality posts: 59 Private Messages therealjrn

This shirt maked me feel bad.

Happy 10th Woot!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

What a poignant image; the grief and sadness etched on the polar bear's face is painful to see. I'm torn between feeling like I'm intruding and should look away, and wanting to give him a hug.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

sad gorgeous sad

Love mysteries? Want a mix of gay + straight characters? With a bit of Poe? Try my book, darn it ; ) In The Bleak December.

jtrav2710

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtrav2710

Polar bears love to swim in ice cold water. He is not sad at all. Probably just tired.

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

That's the truly force of that design the sad reality and the quality of Patrick's draw of course

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
j5 wrote:What's more depressing:
a: the shirt
b: the vote count
?

The vote count for sure...

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

I saw this and my children went running for their lives because mommy was screaming NOOOOOOO!!!!! Mercy, I can't bear....BEAR....to look at it!

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix

Oh my... This IS the most depressing /powerful image I think I've ever seen on Woot. I think I'm going to need to go visit forgetfulness land just to get through the rest of the day.

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34

So, Al Gore goes from creating the internet to designing shirts for Woot.

holt0222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages holt0222

Is it possible to get a full sized image of this emailed to me for a background?

cynderlee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cynderlee

"We call this color: White guilt"

very funny

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

He should move to Antarctica, there's an increasing amount of ice every year and plenty of penguins to eat!

Problem solved.

::drives away in coal-powered car::

ivorygrip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ivorygrip
Harui wrote:It's sad because it's true.

Very recent sampling of polar bear populations actually shows thier numbers have been steadily rising over the last 20 years. This is propaganda nonsense for the tree hugger crowd.

bolis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolis

I voted for this design because some days you just feel like your so alone in the world. I can not wait for the day this comes out on a tote bag. Love the totes (c:

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde

It's so sad, like a frog stuck on a lily pad. What's he going to do?!! Polar bears can't swi...oh, wait. Nevermind. Nice colors.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

What ever happened to Coca-Cola fixing this problem? I drink twelve cans a day and I haven't heard anything about Coke airdropping care packages of ice cubes and seal steaks!

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
neuropsychosocial wrote:What a poignant image; the grief and sadness etched on the polar bear's face is painful to see. I'm torn between feeling like I'm intruding and should look away, and wanting to give him a hug.

Now matter how sad it looks, you don't want to hug a polar bear. You're made of meat and easily torn into bite-size chunks.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

cappo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages cappo

The bear is sad because he heard how much money Al Gore makes off of him but doesn't share.

"The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service estimates that the polar bear population is currently at 20,000 to 25,000 bears, up from as low as 5,000-10,000 bears in the 1950s and 1960s. A 2002 U.S. Geological Survey of wildlife in the Arctic Refuge Coastal Plain noted that the polar bear populations 'may now be near historic highs,'"

drkete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drkete

One of the most insipid shirts ever. The Church of Global Warming doesn't need any more advertising, they are already far enough on their plan to sending us back to the stone age. I thought woot stayed away from politics?

falaflewaffle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falaflewaffle
ivorygrip wrote:Very recent sampling of polar bear populations actually shows thier numbers have been steadily rising over the last 20 years. This is propaganda nonsense for the tree hugger crowd.

I listened to a seminar on this and polar bears are not increasing. They are simply populating a more limited area, so they are easier to count. The ice is retreating and they have less room to spread.

falaflewaffle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falaflewaffle
drkete wrote:One of the most insipid shirts ever. The Church of Global Warming doesn't need any more advertising, they are already far enough on their plan to sending us back to the stone age. I thought woot stayed away from politics?

It was a derby. Woot didn't pick this, woot users did. And yes, global warming does need more advertising, there are too many people still denying it's existence.

CavalierX

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CavalierX
Harui wrote:It's sad because it's true.

It's sad because it's crap. Polar bear populations are growing, if anything.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/healthy-polar-bear-count-confounds-doomsayers/article4099460/

CavalierX

neuropsychosocial wrote:What a poignant image; the grief and sadness etched on the polar bear's face is painful to see. I'm torn between feeling like I'm intruding and should look away, and wanting to give him a hug.

Go ahead, give the poor little guy a big hug. You're both nutritious and delicious.

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713

Polar bears are only an endangered species in the USA. You can hunt them outside the USA too. They can swim long distances. And then how about this scientific fraud:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/29/science/earth/29polar.html?_r=0

rabidwooter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rabidwooter
CavalierX wrote:It's sad because it's crap. Polar bear populations are growing, if anything.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/healthy-polar-bear-count-confounds-doomsayers/article4099460/

I truly hope that these numbers and the article is correct. Anybody can write an article, food for thought.

CavalierX

rabidwooter wrote:I truly hope that these numbers and the article is correct. Anybody can write an article, food for thought.

Please do as much research on the actual numbers as you possibly can and draw your own conclusions. The biggest mistake any of us can make is to allow others to do our thinking for us.

frugalscrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frugalscrap

What makes this lil dude sad is that there are actually people who think polar bears can't swim. Lil dude wants you to know that polar bears can swim a hundred miles at a stretch. Know this, and lil dude will be happy again.

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
frugalscrap wrote:What makes this lil dude sad is that there are actually people who think polar bears can't swim. Lil dude wants you to know that polar bears can swim a hundred miles at a stretch. Know this, and lil dude will be happy again.

I think that deserves a quality post designation...

mantorp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mantorp
CavalierX wrote:Please do as much research on the actual numbers as you possibly can and draw your own conclusions. The biggest mistake any of us can make is to allow others to do our thinking for us.

Since I can't be a world class expert on absolutely everything I tend to mostly trust the people who actually study this stuff for a living. Climatologists and polar bear scientists overwhelmingly agree that the receding arctic ice is a real problem for happy bears, Fox News disagrees.

princessbunny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages princessbunny

The write ups have been a bit depressing lately. Sounds like some one could use some prozac. Just sayin. Has anyone considered that a depressing spin can lose some sales revenue?
Then the lack of energy in the voting has been very sad lately. I bet since they changed the voting format, ppl have stopping putting as much effort into voting and getting the word out for support. I mean, think about it, I can vote for multiple shirts, but really only one of my votes could really mean anything. Aside from first place, the other two prints are just a ca-rap shoot. Why vote if your vote doesn't hardly count?

Spirit299

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spirit299
cappo wrote:The bear is sad because he heard how much money Al Gore makes off of him but doesn't share.

"The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service estimates that the polar bear population is currently at 20,000 to 25,000 bears, up from as low as 5,000-10,000 bears in the 1950s and 1960s. A 2002 U.S. Geological Survey of wildlife in the Arctic Refuge Coastal Plain noted that the polar bear populations 'may now be near historic highs,'"

This study is over 10 fracking years old!!!!!

eliztowns

quality posts: 3 Private Messages eliztowns

I don't think I could buy this shirt just because it would make me sad every time I put it on

kshandra

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kshandra
maraich wrote:I thought I'd be the only one to feel this way. It's really lovely, but man, I'm tearing up just typing this.

Srsly, will someone give patrickspens a hug or a cookie or something? His art is gorgeous, but the stories his shirts tell are really NOT okay.

csmooney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csmooney

I would've totally bought this if y'all donated some of the profits to some environmental/animal rights group.
Otherwise, the consumerism just makes me sad