mikejenkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikejenkins

That is a pathetic illustration of an animal that would eat your face off before you had time to crap your pants. I'm bothered by this artist's lack of respect as much as the climate change deniers. Ugh all around.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
mikejenkins wrote:That is a pathetic illustration of an animal that would eat your face off before you had time to crap your pants. I'm bothered by this artist's lack of respect as much as the climate change deniers. Ugh all around.

lolol lack of respect? He drew a sad animal, and he's not respecting it? Seriously? I'm sick of all the animal shirts woot sells, but cmon, lack of respect is the problem here?

raygunnoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raygunnoey
princessbunny wrote:The write ups have been a bit depressing lately. Sounds like some one could use some prozac. Just sayin. Has anyone considered that a depressing spin can lose some sales revenue?

Gosh, I know! I have a feeling that if the write up had been cheerier or funnier, the comments wouldn't be so sour. The illustration is adorable and soft and while it tells a sad and true story, the voters made it win. The comments for the entry were mostly positive.

cartervt2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cartervt2k
mikejenkins wrote:That is a pathetic illustration of an animal that would eat your face off before you had time to crap your pants. I'm bothered by this artist's lack of respect as much as the climate change deniers. Ugh all around.

The climate has always changed, bozo. That's why you don't have to worry about evading teradactyls on the way to work.

act4earth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages act4earth

[quote postid="5252224" user="cappo"]The bear is sad because he heard how much money Al Gore makes off of him but doesn't share.
--------------------------------

I have a great idea. Maybe next week there will be a shirt with an ostrich burying its head in the ground. This one is for people that are unwilling to accept the obvious fact that our GLOBAL climate is changing- a scientific reality.

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving
cartervt2k wrote:The climate has always changed, bozo. That's why you don't have to worry about evading teradactyls on the way to work.

Agree. When I watch the evening weather forecast and they tell the record high and low for this date in history, I can't help but chuckle when I hear there was a record high of 75 degrees on this day back in 1896. Do you suppose they were concerned about "global warming" or "climate change" back then? No, they went out and enjoyed the unseasonably warm day. There have always been climate changes. I don't fear the changes because I trust in Providence.

jdelvoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jdelvoie
MissBehaving wrote:Agree. When I watch the evening weather forecast and they tell the record high and low for this date in history, I can't help but chuckle when I hear there was a record high of 75 degrees on this day back in 1896. Do you suppose they were concerned about "global warming" or "climate change" back then? No, they went out and enjoyed the unseasonably warm day. There have always been climate changes. I don't fear the changes because I trust in Providence.

Thank goodness! We can all be irresponsible! God has got our backs!

khentyimentiu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khentyimentiu

This might be the most amazing troll gift ever.

If you have a friend who feels guilty for being a human being and is keeps telling everyone else how we're ruining the world, you might need to get them this shirt!

moviewatcher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moviewatcher
ivorygrip wrote:Very recent sampling of polar bear populations actually shows thier numbers have been steadily rising over the last 20 years. This is propaganda nonsense for the tree hugger crowd.

Everytime I hear someone crying about the poor polar bears being forced to swim due to the lack of ice, I want to gag. Scientific name, Ursus maritimus. Sea bear. Recognized as such LONG before Al Gore hit the scene. Give them land or ice and water and these guys will do just fine.

cartervt2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cartervt2k
jdelvoie wrote:Thank goodness! We can all be irresponsible! God has got our backs!

Irresponsible? CO2 is a trace gas. At .04% of the atmosphere, it is barely enough for photosynthesis. At .02%, we all die.

junk12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages junk12
jtrav2710 wrote:Polar bears love to swim in ice cold water. He is not sad at all. Probably just tired.

hunting seal

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

nice work keeping the discussion civilized, everybody!

that's sarcasm, btw! this is a shirt website.
try to loosen up!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

aye512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aye512

I vacationed in Alaska this year. While there, one of the guides was pointing out how many of the mountains are rounded off, while the taller ones are much sharper. They then explained that you could judge the height of the taller ones, as the rounded off ones were under a glacial ice pack at one time, so the sharp ones are above 4,000 feet above sea level, & the rounded off ones under 4,000, the height of the ice. So there you have it, proof of global warming and a disappearing polar ice pack. We'd better do something about this! Oh yea. Eighteen thousand years ago.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
cartervt2k wrote:The climate has always changed, bozo. That's why you don't have to worry about evading teradactyls on the way to work.

Not sure what has changed about Bozo but doubt the climate is responsible for it. Maybe he drinks ?
By the way, I like this shirt a lot

wolferene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolferene

Anyone else notice the PANDA bear in the reflection? .... also a species endangered... aww.

Deacon336

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Deacon336
Spirit299 wrote:This study is over 10 fracking years old!!!!!

And the population was confirmed as "22,000-25,000 bears" by the Alaska Region of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on November 1, 2011.

Deacon336
MtPilot, NC

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 15m 13.663s
First Sucker: jsedwards25
Last Wooter to Woot: dkriner
Last Purchase: a few seconds ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 34% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 46% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 614

First day sales 614
First day posts 55

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
wolferene wrote:Anyone else notice the PANDA bear in the reflection? .... also a species endangered... aww.

Correction to you, as I stated on page 1, Polar Bears are NOT classified as endangered. They are "vulnerable." It is only in the US that people believe they are endangered. Get your facts straight. Look it up. People hunt them for sport.

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde
I have a great idea. Maybe next week there will be a shirt with an ostrich burying its head in the ground. This one is for people that are unwilling to accept the obvious fact that our GLOBAL climate is changing- a scientific reality.

Ostriches never bury their heads. You're full of "facts", huh? ;-)

katentek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katentek
frugalscrap wrote:What makes this lil dude sad is that there are actually people who think polar bears can't swim. Lil dude wants you to know that polar bears can swim a hundred miles at a stretch. Know this, and lil dude will be happy again.

Um, I don't think that's the point. The image perfectly captures the plight of animals through climate change in a single, simple image. I think it's brilliant.

katentek

Deacon336 wrote:And the population was confirmed as "22,000-25,000 bears" by the Alaska Region of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on November 1, 2011.

So polar bears are safe, climate change isn't a problem and everything'l be ok. Excellent, I've got nothing to worry about then and I'll go and put my head back in the sand.

Hektikshok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hektikshok

Just throwing this out there... Polar Bears are one of the few animals to be placed on the endangered species list whilst their population is INCREASING... yeah, you read that correctly.

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

The photo that led to things like this doesn't actually show what environmentalist panic people say it shows.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11879

The bears weren't stranded or trapped on limited ice at all. The bit of ice they were on was an easy swim away from land.

katentek

RayKremer wrote:The photo that led to things like this doesn't actually show what environmentalist panic people say it shows.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11879

The bears weren't stranded or trapped on limited ice at all. The bit of ice they were on was an easy swim away from land.

For crying out loud it's not meant to be that literal ... It's about diminishing habitat for all species through man made climate change. Anyone who denies this is ignoring thorough scientific research, analysis and conclusive results.

My final point to the deniers ... Would you get on a plane if it had a 50 - 50 chance of crashing? Do you think the scientists have at least a 50 - 50 chance of being right? Well, it's not a plane you have a choice of getting on but our planet that you have no option to get off.

xmcbainx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmcbainx

Even sadder is the ice the bear is on is the last of the polar ice...

It ain't easy being green.

rosstheboss69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosstheboss69
cynderlee wrote:"We call this color: White guilt"

very funny

You wouldn't happen to have used to play ffxi would you?