fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: Live Brains!

Thank you very much buddies!

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: Not a hot-dog

Any fan of surrealism genius Rene Magritte?

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
rachelor wrote:Well don't I feel stupid! I thought it was a mash-up of Woody and Mr. Potato Head.

Now that is funny !!

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
writermist wrote:If it works... why change it?

Aye true, and it is a really nice style too, don't see why anyone would go out of their way to say such a thing.
However I have to say the lighting on this is horrendous. Seriously what the hell is going on?

mailmanmo

deborah11565 wrote:First let me say it is nice to meet you since this is the first feedback you have provided in the 6 months we have been here.....

tomspc wrote:
Bigger question is why have you suddenly raised your head and started blabbing about nothing? Is that what you do, wait till someone gets to the fog and then start blasting them. Go crawl back in your hole. Geeez insecure much?

Don't be self-aggrandizing snobby little ponies, he's entitled to his opinion, whenever and however he wants to give it, and he certainly gives it a pony sight more politely than you did.
Also "original work only", if you don't understand that I can't explain it any more clearer for you.

(flattopfrank, don't take this as disrespect for you or your design, I'm just annoyed at folk bashing someone's opinion in such a way. Grrrr! ;o)

mailmanmo

Re: Candy Empire

Haha love it!

deborah11565

mailmanmo wrote:Don't be self-aggrandizing snobby little ponies, he's entitled to his opinion, whenever and however he wants to give it, and he certainly gives it a pony sight more politely than you did.
Also "original work only", if you don't understand that I can't explain it any more clearer for you.

(flattopfrank, don't take this as disrespect for you or your design, I'm just annoyed at folk bashing someone's opinion in such a way. Grrrr! ;o)

I am going to respond to this one last time.... I have not been rude at all so back off of that comment ! My point ( again ) I see this a Parody, go visit Derby 197 as a reference, view the winner and the comments... also, we have never heard one word from this poster, he mentions he wasn't even familiar with the artist Flattop so they cannot really be analyzing as critical as they claim. All I said was if there had been previous "quality comments" then this would not have seen as offensive when it was noticed. We also noticed the comment after this shirt was in the fog so it was viewed as a typical slam on a shirt doing well...We watched this shirt all day and checked the comments so we know when it was posted...

Flattop is the artist, he will never respond to any comments like this. He has fretted with woot for quite awhile trying to figure out the ins and outs. I am his biggest critic. If woot rejects this then that is the outcome.

I hope his shirt does well and I believe it is a great Parody,however, I will allow woot to do their job.

haikuthoughts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haikuthoughts
Re: Tacobow

I love tacos. That is all.

deborah11565

Re: TWO PEANUTS WALKING DOWN THE STREET

Most folks aren't going to pick up on the lighting/shadowing.... great design ! GMV !

Lilmanmario

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lilmanmario
Re: Trippin' On Humes

So, this is my first time entering into the derby, or into anything for that matter. This is only my 2nd idea for a t-shirt, the other is a parody and relates to pop culture, and also has nothing to do with food, so, I didn't enter it, but, thanks to a friend who said I should try submitting design ideas here, I decided to give it a shot. Although I've been drawing for a long, long time, I am new to working with colors as well as new to photoshop, so, please be gentle with the constructive criticism...lol...but seriously, tell me what you think and tips on how to get better would be greatly appreciated.

deborah11565

Lilmanmario wrote:So, this is my first time entering into the derby, or into anything for that matter. This is only my 2nd idea for a t-shirt, the other is a parody and relates to pop culture, and also has nothing to do with food, so, I didn't enter it, but, thanks to a friend who said I should try submitting design ideas here, I decided to give it a shot. Although I've been drawing for a long, long time, I am new to working with colors as well as new to photoshop, so, please be gentle with the constructive criticism...lol...but seriously, tell me what you think and tips on how to get better would be greatly appreciated.

It is very cute and please stick with this, it can be fun out here ! I will say, the poop on top of the mushroom my not fly to well. Woot isn't big into the potty deal. ( if it isn't poop I apologize )

deborah11565

oakenspirit wrote: THanks... Was going to also make a school shepard's pie shirt but that may have just been my school...

Instant mash potatoes with a slab of bologna on top with a slice of cheese food product on top of that baked to a golden yuck... oh yummers the nightmares...

UGh.... the pizza must have been much better !! lol

Lilmanmario

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lilmanmario
deborah11565 wrote:It is very cute and please stick with this, it can be fun out here ! I will say, the poop on top of the mushroom my not fly to well. Woot isn't big into the potty deal. ( if it isn't poop I apologize )

Thank you And yes, it is poop. I thought it might be a bit risky, but, I couldn't figure out what to make him look like as a hallucination, but, I will keep that in mind for next time.

deborah11565

Lilmanmario wrote:Thank you And yes, it is poop. I thought it might be a bit risky, but, I couldn't figure out what to make him look like as a hallucination, but, I will keep that in mind for next time.

lol.... I get that. I must say the design is great, you will do well ! Use this as a test run. Search the old derby's and check out the ones that were rejected. You will gain a lot of knowledge for the "woot way" of doing things out here.

lloyd2002

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloyd2002
deborah11565 wrote:I am going to respond to this one last time.... I have not been rude at all so back off of that comment ! My point ( again ) I see this a Parody, go visit Derby 197 as a reference, view the winner and the comments... also, we have never heard one word from this poster, he mentions he wasn't even familiar with the artist Flattop so they cannot really be analyzing as critical as they claim. All I said was if there had been previous "quality comments" then this would not have seen as offensive when it was noticed. We also noticed the comment after this shirt was in the fog so it was viewed as a typical slam on a shirt doing well...We watched this shirt all day and checked the comments so we know when it was posted...

Flattop is the artist, he will never respond to any comments like this. He has fretted with woot for quite awhile trying to figure out the ins and outs. I am his biggest critic. If woot rejects this then that is the outcome.

I hope his shirt does well and I believe it is a great Parody,however, I will allow woot to do their job.

The frog prince is a story by the Brothers Grimm, and the idea of a princess kissing a frog has become a common saying, even for those who don't know the fable. None of the characters in the winning shirt in #179 is trademarked, and none mimics the artistic characters from the Disney film or animated short of the Frog Prince. It can also be deemed parody, because of all the other animals lining up to be kissed.

Twinkie the Kid is a trademarked corporate mascot, and this design is clearly representing the "sunset" for Twinkies, as a result of the current Bakers' Union strike. There is no parody involved. Woot pulled a shirt it was printing last year, where a knight on a chessboard had bat ears (i.e. "The Dark Knight") - they got a cease & desist letter from DC comics and pulled the shirt (and all remaining images of it). That was incredibly defensible as parody, but Woot went the conservative route. Since then, they have been zealous in rejecting things that have copyrighted characters (with spurts of weeks/months-long "no pop culture" runs since).

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I was just trying to be helpful by explaining some of the current ropes, and y'all made a federal case of it.

deborah11565

lloyd2002 wrote:The frog prince is a story by the Brothers Grimm, and the idea of a princess kissing a frog has become a common saying, even for those who don't know the fable. None of the characters in the winning shirt in #179 is trademarked, and none mimics the artistic characters from the Disney film or animated short of the Frog Prince. It can also be deemed parody, because of all the other animals lining up to be kissed.

Twinkie the Kid is a trademarked corporate mascot, and this design is clearly representing the "sunset" for Twinkies, as a result of the current Bakers' Union strike. There is no parody involved. Woot pulled a shirt it was printing last year, where a knight on a chessboard had bat ears (i.e. "The Dark Knight") - they got a cease & desist letter from DC comics and pulled the shirt (and all remaining images of it). That was incredibly defensible as parody, but Woot went the conservative route. Since then, they have been zealous in rejecting things that have copyrighted characters (with spurts of weeks/months-long "no pop culture" runs since).

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I was just trying to be helpful by explaining some of the current ropes, and y'all made a federal case of it.

ok,thanks.........

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Do or Donut

Cute!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Do or Donut

Very funneh! It's pretty surreal and absurd. That's my favorite kind of humor. +1

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: TWO PEANUTS WALKING DOWN THE STREET

Nice illustration of a classic joke, lol. You have such clever concepts behind each design. To me, this makes your work diverse even if your style stays the same.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Fresh Pi

This idea is unbelievably hackneyed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

scdcknsn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scdcknsn
Re: Pineapple

Found the pineapple!

eleanorzombie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eleanorzombie

I really like this, but I don't get the fang on the chef.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Into the sunset

Friends of Flattop Frank Foundation...Fog Frenzy!

The silhouette might be enough to get this through.

Otherwise, I think the halftones are a bit too coarse for my liking.
Congrats on the fog, FF.

move along

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 93 Private Messages Thirdbase9
oakenspirit wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was expecting Pignocchio.

I don't know.

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Sushi for cats

very cute

lonelypond

Re: Pineapple

sketchy-cool

lonelypond

Re: Midnight Party at Fridge

great characters; looks like fun.

lonelypond

michaelcynthia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelcynthia
Re: Continental Breakfast

It's almost a full enlgish breakfast anyways... why not make europe a blood sausage with a drip for england and china the croisant with a crumb japan?

Dakaggo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dakaggo

I'd feel weird wearing this since it's basically saying that I think hotdogs are a breakfast item... I mean they are a type of sausage but with mustard? Just weird.

Dakaggo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dakaggo
writermist wrote:Ahh man I am loving this. Why did it have to be on grey.

Ha I think half the shirts I've gotten from here are on grey.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: William ShakesPEAR

cute and funny!+1

officeink

Re: Fresh Pi

cute!

officeink

Re: Donut DNA

Sweet design my friend! ;) Very creative! +1

officeink

Re: Continental Breakfast

clever concept! very cute idea!+1

officeink

Re: Orange Concentrate

Adorable lil orange my friend! Very cute! +1

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: Into the sunset

I appreciate any and all criticism given. I also find all of this attention to a design very entertaining. I would also like to thank everyone for the support and a BIG THANKS to all of the voters....

karmagar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karmagar
Re: Diet Soda

This remembers me when I go to buy a hamburger haha Funny.

anknight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anknight
Re: Food of the Future

I love the "futuristic diner" look to the logo - and the truth of the matter. This IS the food of the future, so let's celebrate the fact! I agree with others... this is indeed brilliant.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Pamper yourself

This is not a shirt color offered by woot. You will need to correct that and resubmit to avoid rejection.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.