odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

Somebody posted my online debate team shirt to reddit. Awesome! It only takes a second for somebody to offer to make bootleg versions at a discounted price. gotta love the internet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/13g60s/lots_of_you_need_this_im_getting_one/

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
odysseyroc wrote:Somebody posted my online debate team shirt to reddit. Awesome! It only takes a second for somebody to offer to make bootleg versions at a discounted price. gotta love the internet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/13g60s/lots_of_you_need_this_im_getting_one/

Yeah, welcome to the Internet indeed. One color shirt designs are stolen in bulk.
I view this like the old days of engineering. Forget the patent, go for market penetration first, then when the copycats come, it won't have leeched sales as much.
Of course nowadays, that means you get about a week sales lead at best.
I feel for anyone self-printing at RedBubble or similar.

move along

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

I was talking to Kevin about this, and came to the conclusion that while this is annoying, I think people are more likely to order from a reputable dealer, than some other dude on reddit. Still, it's funny how it happens every time a shirt gets posted there.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
odysseyroc wrote:I was talking to Kevin about this, and came to the conclusion that while this is annoying, I think people are more likely to order from a reputable dealer, than some other dude on reddit. Still, it's funny how it happens every time a shirt gets posted there.

The body isn't even cold....or dead for that matter.

move along

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

sorry i missed this thread earlier. mr roc, imma send this over to the shirt folks.

this happened with "wishful thinking" recently, too.
for my part, i'll step up my vigilance on reddit. anybody lurking out there, plz alert us to stuff like this. thanks for lookin' out.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.