thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick

In the Dec 2012 'Wired' Magazine Print Edition, there's an ad for "4 hour chef" that uses a green on black version of our beloved 'Kitchen Warfare'!
Original:

Magazine Ad Ripoff:

Look Familiar?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Jeez, you'd think a guy with books in print would be aware of copyright issues.

Thanks for letting us know. I've sent this on to the shirt staff.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

The sad part is that somebody actually was paid to make that advertisement.

If I can find it on the internet, it must be fair use, right?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tjschaeffer wrote:The sad part is that somebody actually was paid to make that advertisement.

If I can find it on the internet, it must be fair use, right?

Information must be free, man!
Liberate the proletariat!
Down with corporate hegemony!
etc.

move along

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey guys, just got word that this was an agreement between the artist and the Four Hour Chef. Woot Shirt was looped in as well.

All is good.

We always appreciate you reporting these so we can check them out!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I'm hazy on the details, but I believe something was worked out between 4-Hour Chef and the artist, and we were put in the loop. I'm going to check on that to be sure. Either way, thanks for being vigilant guys.

EDIT: I see Thunder beat me to it.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
tgentry wrote:I'm hazy on the details, but I believe something was worked out between 4-Hour Chef and the artist, and we were put in the loop. I'm going to check on that to be sure. Either way, thanks for being vigilant guys.

EDIT: I see Thunder beat me to it.

A story that doesn't feature an artist being blatantly ripped off and not duly compensated for their work?

Egads! What has the world come to?

Good for the artist, however.

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick
ThunderThighs wrote:Hey guys, just got word that this was an agreement between the artist and the Four Hour Chef. Woot Shirt was looped in as well.

Perhaps I should re-title the thread to say, "Prominent Woot Shirt Design Featured in Print Ad!"

Glad all is well in licensing land.