WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How many t-shirts do you have in regular rotation?
  • 1.8% - 1 (“The Mophead”) 23
  • 20.8% - 2-5 261
  • 34.3% - 6-10 430
  • 18.9% - 11-15 237
  • 9.3% - 16-24 116
  • 14.8% - 25+ 185
1252 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mdkopper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

7, there all white..

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

25 is the cutoff for a lot? Really? I know I'm on the high end with 150 but I am certainly not the most extreme.

gsedlak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

i think i am at about 15 now. Have not bought anything new really since the move to Anvil shirts.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

About 20 in the closet, another 10 or so for exercising, and another 10ish for pajamas.

But most of mine are in storage. Just too many to keep in one closet unless I were to kick the SO's clothing out or get rid of my work clothes. Not really an option.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
mdkopper wrote:7, there all white..



Did you JUST get here?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
gsedlak wrote:i think i am at about 15 now. Have not bought anything new really since the move to Anvil shirts.



Ditto the Anvil aversion. Woot! should go back to AA, at $10, and have t-shirt storage/display racks as a side deal. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

goodlifegardens


quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens

All of the WOOT shirts I buy are gifts. I have about 10 or so that I've been given or bought at Goodwill.

dysti


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dysti

I've probably got more than 25 woot shirts in my regular rotation, and that's just a fraction of the entire collection. When you wear tees every day it's easy to amass a closet full.

buttfungus12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages buttfungus12

I have two. Bite me.

bearsa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearsa
ckeilah wrote:Ditto the Anvil aversion. Woot! should go back to AA, at $10, and have t-shirt storage/display racks as a side deal. ;-)



I agree about the anvil shirts. There is not a size small enough for me as a petite woman that looks flattering. Everything I've bought since the switch has been gifts or not t-shirts (i.e. hoodies and aprons)

jbraunonline


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbraunonline

I only wear my "Three Wolf Moon Shirt". It is the only T-shirt that lives up to my HIGH expectations in life. Granted it was not purchased from Woot, but it still counts right??

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
jbraunonline wrote:I only wear my "Three Wolf Moon Shirt". It is the only T-shirt that lives up to my HIGH expectations in life. Granted it was not purchased from Woot, but it still counts right??


As the question is only t-shirts, yes, it counts. Besides, if it came from Woot, it'd probably be like a Three Bunny Moon ...

mrwednesday wrote:25 is the cutoff for a lot? Really? I know I'm on the high end with 150 but I am certainly not the most extreme.


No comment ... but I will say that I do gravitate wearing some designs more often than others. I've noted my favorites before, but there are many other Woot shirts in which I wear often (relatively speaking) too, not to mention those from other sites, including Fishbiscuit's Be Yourself, Radiomode's Original Copycat, Robbie's Rescue, and Patrick Spen's Cannon balls vs. Coconuts. Hey, they can't all be cat shirts.

khentyimentiu


quality posts: 0 Private Messages khentyimentiu

A "volunteer" shirt for Sundays. A Hawaiian themed work shirt for Mondays. A t-shirt with a vest & tie on it for Tuesdays. A funny/snarky shirt for Wednesdays. A sleeveless 3 wolf moon shirt for Thursdays. Fridays & Saturdays are kind of grab bag/optional shirt days. The outside world doesn't see much of me those days anyway.

mrwednesday


quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
Narfcake wrote:No comment ... but I will say that I do gravitate wearing some designs more often than others. I've noted my favorites before, but there are many other Woot shirts in which I wear often (relatively speaking) too, not to mention those from other sites, including Fishbiscuit's Be Yourself, Radiomode's Original Copycat, Robbie's Rescue, and Patrick Spen's Cannon balls vs. Coconuts. Hey, they can't all be cat shirts.



It's not that I don't have favorites, but I don't see the point of buying a shirt if I don't really want to wear it. The ones I end up seeing in my closet that I just don't really care about anymore I try to give away or repurpose otherwise it seems like a complete waste.

As to the three wolf moon, you don't remember this one?

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
mrwednesday wrote:It's not that I don't have favorites, but I don't see the point of buying a shirt if I don't really want to wear it. The ones I end up seeing in my closet that I just don't really care about anymore I try to give away or repurpose otherwise it seems like a complete waste.

As to the three wolf moon, you don't remember this one?



Why would they remember that one? It was actually designed! three wolf moon is better because it required no effort to slap together, AND was made famous by the internet!

To the question at hand, I've got a good 30 or so (leaning more than less) in current rotation, but only because most of my tees have been packed away. I'll need to probably switch some out soon, for the sake of diversity.

I'd say a quarter at best are woots. I'd also say a quarter at best aren't AA or better (DBH perfect, for example), though it's hard to say where Threadless tees rank, given that they've gone through absolute tons of suppliers. there is absolutely no overlap between woot tees and non-AA tees.

perkypeaches


quality posts: 0 Private Messages perkypeaches
bearsa wrote:I agree about the anvil shirts. There is not a size small enough for me as a petite woman that looks flattering. Everything I've bought since the switch has been gifts or not t-shirts (i.e. hoodies and aprons)



I'm so glad the moved over from AA, now i can buy womens tees instead of large mens tees, I've bot more since the switch than in the years before.

Narfcake


quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
AdderXYU wrote:... though it's hard to say where Threadless tees rank, given that they've gone through absolute tons of suppliers. ...


- AA 2001 ... no introduction necessary.
- FotL 5930 ... because they were cheaper. Wider/shorter cut was disliked by many.
- AA 2001 ... back to what worked, but only for a short time.
- Anvil 980 ... cheaper to them with the promise of being better than AA. Not the case, of course, as the Bangladesh-sourced 980 shrunk like crazy too.
- Some other supplier(s) I'm not sure of, but they were made in Bangladesh and Mexico.
- Canvas 3001 ... made in India, in which the QC got so bad they yanked 40k shirts out of their inventory.
- Canvas 3001u ... back to USA made. They don't fit me quite as well as the 2001, however, but finally something acceptable enough to bring me back as a customer.
- Some other cut/sew here in the USA for their new shirt (complete with the new cyan tape); alas, the neckline isn't holding up, and in due time, I'll have to take a thread/needle to my copy of The Teddy Bear Picnic too.
- MJ's sample of the newest Threadless shirt is "made in Nicaragua". No idea on who's the supplier, but if it's Next Level Apparel, then at least I know the fabric/cut will be fine.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Narfcake wrote:- AA 2001 ... no introduction necessary.
- FotL 5930 ... because they were cheaper. Wider/shorter cut was disliked by many.
- AA 2001 ... back to what worked, but only for a short time.
- Anvil 980 ... cheaper to them with the promise of being better than AA. Not the case, of course, as the Bangladesh-sourced 980 shrunk like crazy too.
- Some other supplier(s) I'm not sure of, but they were made in Bangladesh and Mexico.
- Canvas 3001 ... made in India, in which the QC got so bad they yanked 40k shirts out of their inventory.
- Canvas 3001u ... back to USA made. They don't fit me quite as well as the 2001, however, but finally something acceptable enough to bring me back as a customer.
- Some other cut/sew here in the USA for their new shirt (complete with the new cyan tape); alas, the neckline isn't holding up, and in due time, I'll have to take a thread/needle to my copy of The Teddy Bear Picnic too.
- MJ's sample of the newest Threadless shirt is "made in Nicaragua". No idea on who's the supplier, but if it's Next Level Apparel, then at least I know the fabric/cut will be fine.



My point being: they've gone through as many suppliers as that, so I cannot honestly say how their tees rank unless I literally pick out tee-by-tee.

I definitely have AAs and FotLs, and probably a couple more, if I cared to go through and sort them all out (the one I'm wearing at the moment is a fair substitute for AA, but made in Bangladesh).