rpb318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpb318

Has anybody ever done a shirt mocking the "console wars?" Maybe have PS3, 360, Wii, and PC playing Risk or something. Just a rough thought I figured I'd throw out there.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
rasabi wrote:Help me pick my color! I have no idea...

Title is 'Just wait till level 2.'

Burgundy,! cool design.

oakenspirit

lyonscc wrote:I've got at least a couple of designs:

I like both, though I agree with orabb on the buttons for the guitardis... I also think it would look pretty slick that way.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Is this too wordy? Maybe I've obfuscated the joke of getting Game Boy Thumb. I'm not sure if I can use "Game Boy" or not.

I'm still working on the portrait of the good Doctor. That guy is just a place holder.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow

Since everyone else is asking, with stipped wallpaper or without?

orabbit

cdrewlow wrote:Since everyone else is asking, with stipped wallpaper or without?

With. Without it, the wall isn't defined.

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:Is this too wordy? Maybe I've obfuscated the joke of getting Game Boy Thumb. I'm not sure if I can use "Game Boy" or not.

I'm still working on the portrait of the good Doctor. That guy is just a place holder.

You could just call it gamer thumb, OR
nintendonitus!

I like it... snake oil for gamers.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

One of two designs for this derby:
Is this nulled by too much copyright or off topic?

cdrewlow

oakenspirit wrote:You could just call it gamer thumb, OR
nintendonitus!

I like it... snake oil for gamers.

I like nintendonitus. The word, not the actual condition.

Thanks, ORabbit! I was thinking the same thing about the wall.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
orabbit wrote:Is this too wordy? Maybe I've obfuscated the joke of getting Game Boy Thumb. I'm not sure if I can use "Game Boy" or not.

i like the joke, but the 'None Its Equal' phrase grates. Change it to 'Without an equal' maybe? I'd also come up with more amusing names for the ailments. Than 'pains' and 'cramps'. Something like...'Digit-umbago' or 'phalange ache relief' or 'ailments of the appendage'

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

oakenspirit

cfdunbar wrote:One of two designs for this derby:
Is this nulled by too much copyright or off topic?

I like the concept a lot but I fear it will be rejected... I'd try to further caricature it...

Hehe... Smash Brothers...

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
cdrewlow wrote:Since everyone else is asking, with stipped wallpaper or without?

With, but push the wall paper further back to create a bit of depth. ie. have it stop higher than the chair's feet.

cdrewlow

Mavyn wrote:i like the joke, but the 'None Its Equal' phrase grates. Change it to 'Without an equal' maybe? I'd also come up with more amusing names for the ailments. Than 'pains' and 'cramps'. Something like...'Digit-umbago' or 'phalange ache relief' or 'ailments of the appendage'

Thumbago?

orabbit

cdrewlow wrote:Thumbago?

Thanks guys! Thumbago and Nintendonitis it is. I love collective brain.

cdrewlow

kevlar51 wrote:With, but push the wall paper further back to create a bit of depth. ie. have it stop higher than the chair's feet.

Thanks! I'll work on that.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

"None its equal" would be easily replaced with "No equal".

Lots of very cool designs, everyone.

I'll hold out hope for a Ticket to Ride or Carcassonne design. Catan has reigned supreme for far too long.

oakenspirit

ChronoSquall14 wrote:"None its equal" would be easily replaced with "No equal".

Lots of very cool designs, everyone.

I'll hold out hope for a Ticket to Ride or Carcassonne design. Catan has reigned supreme for far too long.

I was wanting to make a Small World or Arkham Horror shirt but feared they were more obscure than the votes...

Ticket to Ride is rad but I also dig the line of Empire Builder games... especially Martian Rails.

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:Thanks guys! Thumbago and Nintendonitis it is. I love collective brain.

Also... where you have PIXELATED, I like the border you have already but perhaps if it looked like a stylized DrMario Pill, that would add one more awesome to it...

blondegordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondegordon

Yellow or gray?

Gray

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
oakenspirit wrote:I like the concept a lot but I fear it will be rejected... I'd try to further caricature it...

Hehe... Smash Brothers...

Thanks for the suggestion. I've changed it a bit to hopefully avoid the rejectionator.

gambler49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambler49

Did you make the pirate hooks of the world tshirt also? If so, Was it ever produced?

lyonscc wrote:I've got at least a couple of designs:

And

oakenspirit

I'm kind of sad I didn't enter a few more designs I have been working on seeing how many entries are less GAMER LIFESTYLE and more VIDEOGAMES.

I am thinking its too late now though. Maybe next time.

Lilmanmario

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lilmanmario

Question, if my design doesn't win in the derby, is there a set amount of time before I can print and sell my design on my own?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Lilmanmario wrote:Question, if my design doesn't win in the derby, is there a set amount of time before I can print and sell my design on my own?

when you enter, there's a checkbox you check to confirm that you've read the terms and conditions, so you've surely already read in those terms and conditions where it says "1. Consideration of Artwork. Artist grants Woot a 60-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 60-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner." there are some exceptions (i think if you voluntarily withdraw your entry before 24 hrs have passed is one).

Lilmanmario

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lilmanmario
no1 wrote:when you enter, there's a checkbox you check to confirm that you've read the terms and conditions, so you've surely already read in those terms and conditions where it says "1. Consideration of Artwork. Artist grants Woot a 60-day exclusive right to review and consider the Artwork. During this 60-day period, Artist shall not use the Artwork in any manner or submit the Artwork to anyone else to be used in any manner." there are some exceptions (i think if you voluntarily withdraw your entry before 24 hrs have passed is one).

Sweet, thanks for the response. I thought it did say something about 60 days, but, wasn't sure, so, just wanted to clarify. Thanks again.

blazer10777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazer10777

I'm all for the Player 1 and Player 2 shirts, but let's be honest, if you'd want one, you'd want both. I say if one of them makes it in the top three for the derby, you should print both shirts and sell both shirts on that day. There are too many awesome shirts up for grabs, and I'd hate to have 2 days of the derby winners taken by shirts that are clearly a pair.