Poll: Favorite type of sweater?
  • 25.9% - Cable-knit 360
  • 38.8% - Cardigan 540
  • 8.5% - Turtleneck 118
  • 8.4% - Sweater vest 117
  • 8.6% - Christmas sweater 120
  • 9.8% - Other (comments) 137
1392 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

BlackCreekBearTRP1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackCreekBearTRP1

I hate all Sweat Shop Sweaters.

steele4499

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steele4499

Argyle!!!!!!

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Not really into sweaters.

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

likeaboss6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages likeaboss6
steele4499 wrote:Argyle!!!!!!

Yep but I think cable-nit and cardigan slightly ease it out, unless you have a Argyle Cardigan...

superchiva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superchiva

polar fleece.

-Superchiva

moles1138

quality posts: 24 Private Messages moles1138

none
I need to return the one mom got me for my b'day.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Generally hate. I like sweatshirts.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

Does American Apparel make sweaters? Those would be my favorite!

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

None of them!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Slightly oversized cashmere crewnecks with banded wrists and hems. I love the material/style so much that I've got a drawerful in different colours and they're pretty much my uniform from November to March.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I prefer a screamer.
Badum-chee

move along

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Cotton.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
goldenthorn wrote:Slightly oversized cashmere crewnecks with banded wrists and hems. I love the material/style so much that I've got a drawerful in different colours and they're pretty much my uniform from November to March.

Also a huge fan of these. I usually don't have the cash for full-on cashmere though, so I have to get a cotton/cashmere blend (usually about 2% cashmere ). More often then not though, I'll see a huge table of sweaters on sale at J.Crew or somewhere, and they'll all be v-necks. Not a fan of those so much.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

kevlar51 wrote:Also a huge fan of these. I usually don't have the cash for full-on cashmere though, so I have to get a cotton/cashmere blend (usually about 2% cashmere ). More often then not though, I'll see a huge table of sweaters on sale at J.Crew or somewhere, and they'll all be v-necks. Not a fan of those so much.

I know, they're prohibitively expensive! I've very luckily and gratefully and stealthily appropriated a good part of my collection from my mother's closet. Most of the rest? Ebay, second-hand/resale shops, and patience! I usually shop in the men's section because it's the most likely to have this classic cut of sweater available in multiple sizes and colours. Also: oversized!

Hhnnngh but I love finding nice things for super-cheap; it's so saaaaaatisfying. I think it's time for an Ebay search right now...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
goldenthorn wrote:Hhnnngh but I love finding nice things for super-cheap; it's so saaaaaatisfying. I think it's time for an Ebay search right now...

Yeah, tempted to hit the thrift stores this weekend...

I'm just hanging out, really.

dysti

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dysti
goldenthorn wrote:I know, they're prohibitively expensive! I've very luckily and gratefully and stealthily appropriated a good part of my collection from my mother's closet. Most of the rest? Ebay, second-hand/resale shops, and patience! I usually shop in the men's section because it's the most likely to have this classic cut of sweater available in multiple sizes and colours. Also: oversized!

Hhnnngh but I love finding nice things for super-cheap; it's so saaaaaatisfying. I think it's time for an Ebay search right now...

2nd'd. Over the past couple years I've procured no less than 4 full cashmere sweaters, all good/decent brands, on ridiculous clearance at different stores (1 Macy's, 1 JCP, 2 online retailers). I don't think I payed more than $25 for any of them. Keep those eyes open and wandering and you'll find the deal you're looking for.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

I think with modern climate controlled buildings and houses, sweaters are a bit of an anachronism. What is the point? If it is cold outside I am going to be wearing a jacket/coat to keep warm, and everywhere I have worked and 90% of houses I go to have the thermostat set between 68 and 74 degrees year round. That's only an 6 degree swing, and even on the cold end, that is hardly deserving of more than a long sleeve shirt.

It is a shame, because I like the look of a nice sweater, but they end up living up to their name when I wear them. If this was 1920 and most houses had drafty windows and unreliable heat sources, I could see the point. In 2012... not so much.

CHEEZEMAN

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHEEZEMAN

I DON'T WEAR SWEATERS AT ALL.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
davemays123 wrote:I think with modern climate controlled buildings and houses, sweaters are a bit of an anachronism. What is the point? If it is cold outside I am going to be wearing a jacket/coat to keep warm, and everywhere I have worked and 90% of houses I go to have the thermostat set between 68 and 74 degrees year round. That's only an 6 degree swing, and even on the cold end, that is hardly deserving of more than a long sleeve shirt.

It is a shame, because I like the look of a nice sweater, but they end up living up to their name when I wear them. If this was 1920 and most houses had drafty windows and unreliable heat sources, I could see the point. In 2012... not so much.

In 20+ years, I have never worked in an office that was maintained at a comfortable temperature for 'office work'. Either freezing or melting--and freezing is better because adding layers is an option. At some point, there isn't more one can take off to cool down.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

omomma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omomma

Irish Knit sweaters from Donegal!!!

RomeoJN

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RomeoJN

A cheap, warm one.

TATTRAT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TATTRAT

I slay a bear, and wear him like a sweater, and his head like a hat.

pambreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pambreeze

I don't wear sweaters anymore.

They say it is mind over matter, I lost my mind so it doesn't matter!

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

The short sleeve, dolman layering type sweater. I've been searching far and wide for a white one without metallic thread - not having good luck.

echinsuocha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echinsuocha
omomma wrote:Irish Knit sweaters from Donegal!!!

Aran sweaters for me.

noodle192000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodle192000

Sweater dresses! My favorite part of winter is wearing one from my collection over leggings/tights and with a pair of boots.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Even when it's 20 degrees I'll wear, at most, a regular long sleeve shirt or long sleeve base layer under my jacket. If I'm cold at home it'll be a short sleeve tee with my Woot hoodie to keep warm. Haven't worn a sweater since Grandma made me

Of course if Woot sold sweaters, I'd probably buy one...

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs

A cardigan. Not only does it make us aging grunge kids feel like it's still 1993, but you can keep warm while still allowing people to appreciate the awesomeness of your t-shirt.

skylorsword42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skylorsword42

d and i don't wear sweaters

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Aww yisssss! I just got two quality vintage Scottish cashmere sweaters for 30 each. Bam, new soft pretty fleshbag warming cocoons! Contentedness, hooo!

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
goldenthorn wrote:Aww yisssss! I just got two quality vintage Scottish cashmere sweaters for 30 each. Bam, new soft pretty fleshbag warming cocoons! Contentedness, hooo!

Just got back from the mall. I swear they only sell v-neck sweaters anymore.

MrsBones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MrsBones
charlottesumxs wrote:A cardigan. Not only does it make us aging grunge kids feel like it's still 1993, but you can keep warm while still allowing people to appreciate the awesomeness of your t-shirt.

I concur. However, I'm still partial to the hooded, pocket-y sweatshirt variety of knitted sweaters (which is odd because I don't enjoy pullover hoodies - they always feel like they're strangling me.)

If I'm to keep buying shirts, I need MXS! Please add my size!

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
elsupreme wrote:Does American Apparel make sweaters? Those would be my favorite!

Yes.