raygunnoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raygunnoey

gfury87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gfury87
Re: Back in My Day

Why are both of the control sticks on the left side?

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Pwned

Oh dear... there are other shirts.
It's too bad the saying is true.
for every idea you have
5 are thinking the same thing
3 are working on it and
1 has already done it

but your design is so much better.. it should be allowed to run

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Past Your Bedtime

NOOOOOOOO!!!! DX

NOT ANOTHER GREAT SHIRT ON GREY!

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON GREY!!!

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Weird vegetable skills

Weird and wonderful. Aubergine: a tasty vegetable, a mighty fine colour, a great word to pronounce and now a highly desirable t-shirt. I want to shop at a shirt site that would print this design, Randyotter, and I suspect they would also stock this.

andihansen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andihansen

Be prepared for rejection - copyright.

sweetaddietude

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Game Over

After every 'game over' comes the opportunity to start a new game.
Resubmitted to fix the design detail.

zaynne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zaynne
Re: Go Pro

I'm glad to see an old Atari 2600 controller on a design. I think this design would also look great distressed.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Console Wars

I love how the tie-fighter that is going down has the red ring of death,,,,

Confused that xbox doesn't have xwings... hehe

Awesome shirt man

coconutman1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
Re: Legen... Dary!

Two colors on slate. Hope you like it.

Like me on Facebook

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: (l)inked v2

6 colors on black for this version

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
j5 wrote:Gotta say, Mr. DayBreez, that this is as finely rendered a design as I have seen around these parts in some time, and for that you get a boost.

Problem is, I can't see the appeal of wearing it on a shirt.
:/

I understand that, and here's the thing, I made this just because I felt like drawing it. I've been practicing more on drawing people without any references so I've been drawing things like this anyway. I certainly wasn't motivated by the idea of winning seeing as how my interest and success here has ... been less than optimal. But when I saw the theme and imagined all the off topic designs featuring your favorite characters and games with little or nothing to do with an actual LIFESTYLE, and imaging some comments like "Well, why didn't YOU do something" I thought, why not actually try to show an example of something on theme, whether it's appealing as a shirt or not, and show how miserably it would fail. Problem is, I'm more interested in improving as an artist than catering my designs to what I think people want, which is why I've been M.I.A. lately. So I do appreciate the fact that you like the execution. Thank you.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian
oakenspirit wrote:I love how the tie-fighter that is going down has the red ring of death,,,,

Confused that xbox doesn't have xwings... hehe

Awesome shirt man

Thanks, oakenspirit!
X-box x wings would have been a clever tie-in, but the x-star seemed too good to not do. Also, I kind of liked the idea of Microsoft being the Empire.

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
Re: dating inventory

Magic potion... Chloroform?

coconutman1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
Re: Loading design

Hope you like it! :D

Like me on Facebook

thehookshot

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thehookshot
gayemeyer wrote:love it!

Thanks gayemeyer!

gayemeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gayemeyer
writermist wrote:NOOOOOOOO!!!! DX

NOT ANOTHER GREAT SHIRT ON GREY!

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON GREY!!!

I personally like this shade of gray mucho.

6amcrisis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis
fuacka wrote:Awesome!

Thanks fuacka!
vincent

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

how to fold a cube.

This is a new version, Thanks guys for the suggestions and concerns in my first attempt, and I hope you like it!

Re: how to fold a cube

devium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devium
Re: Game Medals

Is that a remote mine from Goldeneye?! Well played, sir.

dntpnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dntpnc
walmazan wrote:how to fold a cube.

This is a new version, Thanks guys for the suggestions and concerns in my first attempt, and I hope you like it!

It's better, but I still couldn't wear it. Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist, but there are still some issues. For example, looking at the middle rows, there are two blue/orange match-ups. I would have used an actual cube as reference.

As I said before, I really like the concept, but I can't get past the impossibility of it. I hope I'm not coming across too negative, I'm a big fan of your work overall.

raygunnoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raygunnoey
Re: Game Over

This is awesome! Love the two colors on red.

phoenix4159

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phoenix4159
Re: Destroy the Ring

I love the design, but I think it might be better on a different color shirt. The contrast is pretty low, which will take away a lot of the impact.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
CrescentDebris wrote:I understand that, and here's the thing, I made this just because I felt like drawing it. I've been practicing more on drawing people without any references so I've been drawing things like this anyway. I certainly wasn't motivated by the idea of winning seeing as how my interest and success here has ... been less than optimal. But when I saw the theme and imagined all the off topic designs featuring your favorite characters and games with little or nothing to do with an actual LIFESTYLE, and imaging some comments like "Well, why didn't YOU do something" I thought, why not actually try to show an example of something on theme, whether it's appealing as a shirt or not, and show how miserably it would fail. Problem is, I'm more interested in improving as an artist than catering my designs to what I think people want, which is why I've been M.I.A. lately. So I do appreciate the fact that you like the execution. Thank you.

CD, you have a tonne of artistic integrity and I've always respected that, but let me offer a counter argument.
I view the derby as illustration on spec. Part of that spec (though unwritten) is to make a design that is appealing as a shirt. ("Waiting for the Sub" was an awesome shirt design, despite the sales figures)
I can understand using a derby theme to spark a notion to create art you enjoy and to grow and hone your talents, but I don't see the point in submitting the results here with full knowledge that it's not going to do well. Especially since you didn't design it to.
I offer, as an example, Ochopika's entry poking fun at gamer kiddies/kitties. It's spot on theme and makes a good joke without resorting to pop-culture crutches.

move along

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
albertoarni wrote:Thanks! I'm very glad you noticed the space invader shirt! I wasn't sure if it was recognizable.

I thought it was a Space Invaders tie. :/

move along

darkwing830

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkwing830

Nice wordplay. Love the Design. You clearly put a lot of thought into this and work. Shame people aren't voting for this more.

bigblued wrote:The original phrase is Dia de los Muertos, which means Day of the Dead. It's a celebration to remember lost friends and family.

I changed it to Dado de los Muertos, which translates to Dice of the Dead.

lasher2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lasher2000
Re: The Ultimate Frost Mage

This turned out sweet

charlottesumxs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charlottesumxs
Re: I Went Outside Once...

Did you get my son to model for this?

ryanmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryanmon
dntpnc wrote:It's better, but I still couldn't wear it. Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist, but there are still some issues. For example, looking at the middle rows, there are two blue/orange match-ups. I would have used an actual cube as reference.

As I said before, I really like the concept, but I can't get past the impossibility of it. I hope I'm not coming across too negative, I'm a big fan of your work overall.

I agree. I do love your work, Walmazan; however, I can't deal with the inaccuracies.

While the blue/orange may be more subtle, the mistake of two whites in the middle but no orange in the middle is just staring me in the face.

imsochady

quality posts: 26 Private Messages imsochady

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
brianginther wrote:I'd be afraid of people punching me in the chest, lol

ha ha ha i was thinking the same thing!!! but i do like the design

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: That Gamer Chick Who Pwned Everyone's Hearts

wow this is amazing!!! got my vote and i hope it makes it into the fog quickly!!!

imsochady

L3g3ndQ wrote:wow this is amazing!!! got my vote and i hope it makes it into the fog quickly!!!

Hey thanks!

imsochady

Re: A Perfect Life

Brilliant!

imsochady

Re: Back in My Day

Hahahah

imsochady

Re: Past Your Bedtime

This reminds me so much of my youth! Hahah

imsochady

Re: SuperPuppet2

I think it's missing the "A" to make it jump!

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: The Secret

Thanks for looking, hope you like it.

happymomofone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages happymomofone
imsochady wrote:Hey thanks!

I want thissss

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: Lost in the Game

I don't do much video games or RPGs so my thoughts led me to a more old school type of gaming. Its all about getting lost in a good game.