WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Hey y'all,

So, you probably noticed that the daily is being offered in multiple formats. Well, we just wanted to let you know what was up with that.

Here are the juicy details:

1. We'll be doing this through December. When 2013 comes around, we'll reassess how things went and decide if it's something we want to continue into the new year. So please, let us know what you think.

2. After their first day, designs will enter the Reckoning (Top 20) as TEES ONLY. So, if you want that hoodie or that apron or whatever, get it while you can!

3. We're doing this for weekday shirts only for right now so that we have time to get everything together. Derby shirts will just be shirts (for now).

4. Not every design will get multiple formats. Sometimes the design just won't work, and sometimes we might run into issues getting products in the right colors, so we'll just put up the tee and call it a day.

5. Pricing will be consistent with what you would find in one of our Woot+ Sales.

That's the basic gist of it. These things can be tough, so please bear with us while we work out the kinks. And once again, feel free to let us know what you think.

Best,
Shirt.Woot

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond

Cross post from current shirt thread:

The "o.m.g. THAT design's on a hoodie, I must buy" excitement will be lost, it's convenient for those who want options or must have a particular design on a hoodie/apron, but pushes shirt.woot even further out of having fun, seeing something I like, impulse buy range for me.

I wouldn't have minded long sleeves added to the trial though.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Trucker hat!

j/k
I think it would be a novel idea if other sites weren't already doing it.
Keep it competitive, wot?

move along

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

If some of the designs were offered as POSTERS that would be great !

that was fun while it lasted!

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick

This is something a lot of people have asked for, for a long time. I'm glad to see you branching out!

I don't think the apron should be one of the main options - people will buy dozens of shirts (or a few hundred) and several hoodies for their wardrobe, but aprons? Not more than 2-3 In most cases. Leave those to the side sales.

Now, if you wanted to, say... give the option for different shirt blanks? (*cough* AA) Oh yeah, that'd do well. So would the long sleeves, v-necks, tank tops - and not that horrid cut unisex mess. Think A-shirt cut, jersey material. And egads, you should have a kid's ONESIE option on kid-friendly shirts.

/opinion

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
thumperchick wrote:I don't think the apron should be one of the main options - people will buy dozens of shirts (or a few hundred) and several hoodies for their wardrobe, but aprons? Not more than 2-3 In most cases. Leave those to the side sales.

I think this is a good time of year to trial aprons, because they make good gifts - don't have to worry about buying a size that flatters someone else or buying a size that flatters someone else and is a size they're willing to wear; decent price point; the aprons that woot uses are decent quality, so it looks like a more substantial gift than a t-shirt... I can definitely see myself buying several as gifts if appropriate designs for the right individuals pop up.

Wait, that's like the best gift idea that I've had this year... Aprons for everyone!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
neuropsychosocial wrote:I think this is a good time of year to trial aprons, because they make good gifts - don't have to worry about buying a size that flatters someone else or buying a size that flatters someone else and is a size they're willing to wear; decent price point; the aprons that woot uses are decent quality, so it looks like a more substantial gift than a t-shirt... I can definitely see myself buying several as gifts if appropriate designs for the right individuals pop up.

Wait, that's like the best gift idea that I've had this year... Aprons for everyone!

And thus, the Apron Christmas is born.

that was fun while it lasted!

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

While I don't personally think I'd buy most designs on non-tshirt items (heck I don't really buy most on tshirt items anyway), I do like the idea of offering a one day chose various product options sale set up. I think long sleeve, v-neck, or yes even AA options would be more logical in most cases. There are many many designs I'd love as a poster. Although if you ever went that route I'd probably have to block myself from ever visiting Woot again. I can't afford to buy that many posters....

I will point out that these sort of multiple options would stand to throw a lot more random potential into random shirt/tote bag/hoodie/apron day sales.

NOTE: I am one of those who prefers the current Anvil blanks to the old AAs. But I know a lot of folks are the other way around.

thumperchick

neuropsychosocial wrote:

Good idea! You're right too- these aprons fit people from the xsmall to 3X and up. I should've thought of this, I've given woot aprons as gifts myself...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lonelypond wrote:Cross post from current shirt thread:

The "o.m.g. THAT design's on a hoodie, I must buy" excitement will be lost, it's convenient for those who want options or must have a particular design on a hoodie/apron, but pushes shirt.woot even further out of having fun, seeing something I like, impulse buy range for me.

I wouldn't have minded long sleeves added to the trial though.

You do understand that only the t-shirt moves into the reckoning? So if you want the other item (e.g. hoodie, apron), you have to buy it on that day.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Uhm, guys and gals.... this is a discussion on offering various items on the daily sale such as aprons, hoodies, totes.

There are other threads to discuss shirt blanks. Different shirt blanks will not be an option offered.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but artists will be receiving $2 commissions on all non-tee products sold the first day.

thumperchick

tgentry wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned, but artists will be receiving $2 commissions on all non-tee products sold the first day.

That's good to know!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
tgentry wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned, but artists will be receiving $2 commissions on all non-tee products sold the first day.

Thanks for letting us know! That means Apron Christmas is definitely a GO! (Thanks bpr2!)

BTW, does this mean that the first day sales numbers will only include t-shirts, not hoodies or aprons?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

wkmtca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkmtca

long sleeved t's... it is winter in some places... long sleeves..

mxjx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxjx

Think it's a great idea and hope that something comes out that I want to buy in (zip-up) hoodie. And I'll cheer on long-sleeves and wish I liked the styling/fit better.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff
bpr2 wrote:And thus, the Apron Christmas is born.

Ornaments Make Festive Garland, this is hilarious!!!

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

I love the idea of multiple formats. Love the idea of giving the extra $2 to the artist, too!!!

Also wouldn't mind seeing, someday, the ability for a person to pick their blank color because i really hate reading through all the posts that complain about the color of the T.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake

Quick thoughts ... options are good. The screens are setup already - may as well make a run on other items too, right? For all those who said "too bad it's not on a hoodie" ... you totally don't have that excuse anymore!

I definitely appreciate maintaining the commission structure.

We definitely need some clarification on the sales numbers, though!

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

I'm going to repeat what I said in the thread for the Nov 26 shirt "All Tangled Up", which is that I would have bought it as a long sleeve shirt, but a short sleeve shirt that is seasonally appropriate only for Christmas or winter is a no-go. I live in Illinois. It gets cold here. Hoodies don't really do it for me, maybe other folks go for those, I don't know.

This is a step in the right direction. I'm just saying, as long as you're offering choices, long sleeve tshirts would be nice. They would probably sell better than the aprons. How many aprons do people need, right? I have way fewer long sleeve tshirts than I do short sleeve tshirts though. I could use some more.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
RayKremer wrote:... I'm just saying, as long as you're offering choices, long sleeve tshirts would be nice. ...

It's probably just coincidental that today shirt, which is on Kelly Green, is a color that's not offered by AA for their 2007 long sleeves. Therefore, no long sleeve option.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Whoa...only 2-3 aprons?

*hides pantry door*

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond
ThunderThighs wrote:You do understand that only the t-shirt moves into the reckoning? So if you want the other item (e.g. hoodie, apron), you have to buy it on that day.

Yes, thank you, I do understand : ) 1 a.m. does not always make for clarity in response. What I meant was that more choices = more math, which doesn't lead to "woo, fun shirt that will be delivered to me, eventually" joy, it leads to a less fun decision tree with numbers. But I'm probably not the target audience for this option and I commend shirtwoot!'s efforts to give more of the people more of what they want, at a price that suits woot ; )

HunyBunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HunyBunny

Love the idea of versions of tees in hoodies, aprons & totes. How about some long sleeved tees as well during the cooler months? Now even a better reason to love shirt woot!!

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

TOTES! More TOTES! For me this year it's the Woot-tote-as-gift-bag-and-gift Christmas. Woot tote with small gift/food item inside and most of my list is done.

And I concur with those who would like to see long sleeves and V-necks as choices.

07/11/14

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Yes to more totes, hoodies and long-sleeves!

stonedsavant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant

I know a lot of the new designs are being adapted to hoodies, but I gotta wonder how many are going to be adapted for Zip-up Hoodies? I gave up on the pullover long ago but still all for the zip-up. Glad to see a few in this weeks geeky sidesale!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Mavyn wrote:Whoa...only 2-3 aprons?

*hides pantry door*

but how many do you wear at a time? Per hour?In a day?

move along

newgrange

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newgrange

I think it's awesome, love the variety - keep it up!

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

I like the idea of long sleeved tees as an option, and definitely love the multiple format idea. I tend to buy t-shirts, totes and long sleeved shirts from Woot, although I have 1 each of zip-up and pull-over hoodies and apron. I happen to now work overnight and on the weekend, so I only have to wear collared or nicer shirts to work 2 days per week (I am the highest level of management in the department the other 2 days I work and don't think a t-shirt reduces work performance at 3 am on Saturday morning). I have ample use for t-shirts and long sleeved shirts. I don't like to layer hooded items and live in snow country, so the hoodies I have don't get much use.

tartujik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tartujik

long sleeved tees please. it gets cold here. more long sleeve tees would be awesome.

and i second that "all tangled up" would be AWESOME in long sleeve. i will totally buy that in L/S the second you offer it, even if it is after xmas...

but yeah more long sleeve in general would be highly appreciated.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:but how many do you wear at a time? Per hour?In a day?

I wear one most times that I cook.

But I also collect them.

Wut?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

More options is pretty fantastic! I love the pullover hoodies, they are so cozy in fall and winter and in the summer with the AC cranked. I say keep 'em coming and I'd love to see other product options on dailies as well.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

Can you add the option of using American Apparel shirts?

AA for the win!!!

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

To everyone asking them to use AA as an option, it's not gonna happen. ThunderThighs already confirmed it.

However, it would make NO sense for them to offer AA as an option anyways. For one, if it's more expensive, I highly doubt each shirt would sell more than 100 AA shirts. The majority of the wooters would go for the standard choice.

PLUS, if they have to stock AA shirts in the warehouse, they might as well just switch back to AA. And we all know this is clearly not going to happen.

Also why there won't ever be a choose your own color blank option offered at woot.

Holding limited quantities of AA blanks and blanks in all colors would make the process much more expensive for woot to produce those options along with their normal options. Yeah they already have the color blanks, but these first day shirts are mass produced, if you add different blank colors/AA blanks to the mix, it adds more time in creating each shirt and/or many more randoms where they don't make as much on each shirt.

They are trying to branch out by offering more options and taking advantage of their economies of scale, not making it more expensive/time intensive to create all these other options.

thumperchick

renegadetim wrote:To everyone asking them to use AA as an option, it's not gonna happen. ThunderThighs already confirmed it.

TT isn't on the shirt team. She's a moderator. A mod who is probably sick of seeing the "AA?" comments. (BTW - I think the main reason TT zapped the other 'AA!' comments is to avoid this. We have now hijacked this thread to debate AA. This isn't the thread for that entire debate. We have a thread for that - so debate there please.)

Since you brought it up - here's the deal. Woot's told us time and again that they want our feedback. To keep telling them stuff we want to see change. So, we are telling them. If they can buy hoodies, aprons, totes, tanks, v-necks, messenger bags, koozies, coffee cups, and long-sleeves; all from different suppliers- what's the big stretch to offering some shirts on AA?

AA is a valid point in this conversation, it's an option people want to see.

TL:DR - If you (woot) don't want my opinion on an option I'd want to see, don't ask for my opinion.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

From the incredibly selfish and biased artist's perspective, this bonus addition is absolutely awesome.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

personally I will probably comment on AA in any thread that i feel it should be mentioned in. that is how feedback works.

The thread was created to say we are giving wooters more options and i am telling them i would like AA as an option as well.

I see an issue with the quality of their product and the more the WOOT team reads it, the louder the statement. If the thread is hijacked, it because i am not the only person that wants the OPTION to have AA blanks.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

When are we going to get another zip-up hoodie around here? It has to be a zip-up for me. The pullovers mess up my hair.