bolis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolis
orabbit wrote:Is this garish and ugly? I kind of got trapped in the concept. It's Noble Neon at Night.

I could change the colors, but I'd lose the neon realism...

I like it but the first thing that comes to mind is King ):

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 87 Private Messages Thirdbase9
jasneko wrote:I like these letter derbies! Trying to decide on royal blue or navy blue.... any preferences? Thanks!

Royal blue.

I don't know.

bolis

Thirdbase9 wrote:Royal blue.

I love the navy it makes your picture pop!

thehookshot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thehookshot
Thirdbase9 wrote:Royal blue.

Navy for me

Jasneko: what are you using for that nice shirt backdrop? Is that custom, or did you download somewhere?

bolis

bolis wrote:I like it but the first thing that comes to mind is King ):

My Dad and his siblings are big card players and I love this shirt but the card they would fight for is the wild card the Joker and that would be so cool in your design. For another Letter I guess ( :

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
no1 wrote:are "penguins in the arctic" really that much less realistic than anthropomorphic animals (or food, for that matter)?

just what is cookie monster's species, anyway?

Muppetia Monstericus Omnomnomnomium

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
jasneko wrote:I like these letter derbies! Trying to decide on royal blue or navy blue.... any preferences? Thanks!

I like the navy! Slightly less cheerful but the colors pop more.

oakenspirit

bolis wrote:I like it but the first thing that comes to mind is King ):

Yay suicide!

I like it a lot, truthfully- I wish we still had poker thursdays, as I would wear it there.

Call it The Kings of Neon...

hehe
get it.
sorry

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
oakenspirit wrote:Yay suicide!

I like it a lot, truthfully- I wish we still had poker thursdays, as I would wear it there.

Call it The Kings of Neon...

hehe
get it.
sorry

I used to play poker on Thursdays too! Thanks for the pun, I think.

I guess the king isn't the right symbol to represent noble. Maybe just a crown? Maybe back to the drawing board...

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
orabbit wrote:I used to play poker on Thursdays too! Thanks for the pun, I think.

I guess the king isn't the right symbol to represent noble. Maybe just a crown? Maybe back to the drawing board...

What about a jack, also known as a (k)nave?

oakenspirit

cdrewlow wrote:What about a jack, also known as a (k)nave?

Yeah... I ran into this when I was considering doing a (K)nightrider shirt... ;)

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

If you need help coming up with ideas...

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:I used to play poker on Thursdays too! Thanks for the pun, I think.

I don't know.. I love the fact that its a Neon Card... a crown would be less striking and you would then likely have people saying "crown doesn't start with N"... I think it works as Noble and I am sure several shirts will skirt the line even closer... I don't know how strict the rejectionator will be though-

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Noble gasses of the periodic table presented in neon, maybe even use the excitation colors if possible?

move along

orabbit

j5 wrote:Noble gasses of the periodic table presented in neon, maybe even use the excitation colors if possible?

Yes, but no text... Maybe if I use the shell models.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Thanks thirdbase,bolis, thehookshot,oakenspirit!
Looks like navy has a good lead.

thehookshot - I found it, (after much searching!!!) in the forums somewhere, probably under a title of 'shirt templates'. There are a lot of nice t-shirt ones in the world of woot forums (unless they've been moved to the artist ones). I'm rushing right now, but I'll try to remember later to see if I can find it, or give a search and see if you come across it there, or maybe another you like

thehookshot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thehookshot

Thanks Jasneko! I'll do some searching too. Best of luck on this derby Maybe one of mine will reach the fog this week?

TheMum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheMum
orabbit wrote:Is this garish and ugly? I kind of got trapped in the concept. It's Noble Neon at Night.

Hey Orabbit,

The top left corner, the symbol looks more like sun. If it is supposed to be at night I would suggest a more crescent shape or full moon with a mellower color.

Just my thoughts.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
xpenguin wrote:YAY!

I'm excited for this derby because my name starts with N.

WOO FOR THE LETTER N!

There must be something wrong with my screen. I see an x at the start of your name.

orabbit

TheMum wrote:Hey Orabbit,

The top left corner, the symbol looks more like sun. If it is supposed to be at night I would suggest a more crescent shape or full moon with a mellower color.

Just my thoughts.

It's a shell model of neon. 10 protonss. Not terribly obvious, is it.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
orabbit wrote:It's a shell model of neon. 10 protonss. Not terribly obvious, is it.

Unless someone recently took Physical Chemistry, this probably won't register as Neon.

orphaeus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages orphaeus

The easiest thing I could think of would be to put a ninja mask across the eyes and change the neon thing in the top left to a ninja star.
However you might be trying to avoid the obvious category of ninja in this derby.

I think it's an awesome design and would love to see it print regardless of the theme.

"You win some, you lose some, and some get rained out, but you gotta suit up for them all."
J. Askenberg

jasneko

Sure thing, and thanks, to you too! Maybe! It took a long time of subbing before my designs ever neared the fog
Here is a place with a lot of shirt templates!
Sure thing, and thanks, to you too! Maybe! It took a long time of subbing before my designs ever neared the fog
http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2320388&pageindex=1&replycount=38

orabbit

jasneko wrote:Sure thing, and thanks, to you too! Maybe! It took a long time of subbing before my designs ever neared the fog
http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2320388&pageindex=1&replycount=38

Oh noe! Your link's broken.

jasneko

orabbit wrote:Oh noe! Your link's broken.

Oops! Try it now

cherrybear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cherrybear

Needs more nebulae.