ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
sgaon wrote:Guys, c'mon. It's TIE Fighter, not Tie. If you're not going to remember when Star Wars spacecraft names derive from acronyms, I'm not sure I can in good conscience continue to frequent your site.

Twin Ion Engines!

coryayers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coryayers
linkspast wrote:The falcon looks more like a dreamcast controller

I like this shirt, but why is the falcon on the dark side?

MukYJ

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MukYJ
coryayers wrote:I like this shirt, but why is the falcon on the dark side?

Remember, Han was a smuggler - the Falcon is on the shady side, not the dark side.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Just gonna throw in that I find this shirt to be disappointing. Mainly because if I think about it at all, I would much rather have a shirt with a real image from star wars of the battle of the death star (preferably the return of the jedi battle), rather than some contrived image that does not seem to even be illustrating a point or message or even a joke. Also, I imagine this depends on who you hang out with, but I dont see this shirt getting much more than a chuckle, and even that would be pushing it. Since there really is no tie between star wars and consoles aside from them both being slightly nerd associated. Wheras my "its a trap" shirt causes people to break out into hysterics whenever I enter a room and I get people shouting at me from across the street "it's a trap!". This is because the "its a trap" shirt is clever, and this one isnt. This just seems like an excuse to personify a bunch of consoles to make some simple jokes about them, but then why defame star wars with such a contrived design?

Secondly the xbox is the console for me ever since the N64, so I am not pleased to see it representing the empire.

Sorry about all the negativity, at least I can't be downvoted like in deals.woot.

okayfrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okayfrog

countdown: How is the "IT'S A TRAP!" shirt clever? I think you're confusing "clever" with "well-known". The "IT'S A TRAP!" shirt is perfect for the Big Bang Theory-watching poser nerds. "olol, I saw that on Reddit. What a hilarious meme, lol!"

The console wars are for the true nerds/geeks/losers/dweebs/whatever. I remember so many forum fights from the past ten years over these three companies. Damn fun times. I don't wanna wear this shirt and walk into a room and have the place erupt. I want to wear this shirt and have one guy out of the hundreds that I walk past say, "Nice shirt." Simple.

It's not meant to be hilarious, it's just interesting. Though, it's up to the viewer to determine whether or not they believe the comparison to be apt. I feel as if the PS3 would work better as the Empire seeing as how they were huge going into this generation, but were brought down to nothing. Microsoft should definitely be Han/the Millennium Falcon. And the Wii works as the rebel alliance because Nintendo tried something radically different this time around and it prevailed.

the1manofmega

quality posts: 1 Private Messages the1manofmega

It would have made little more sense if xbox was the x wing wii u was the melenium falcon and PS3 as the death star

'Time to Spread my Creativity because its allays 420 in Wayne's World. Yay!'

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown
okayfrog wrote:countdown: How is the "IT'S A TRAP!" shirt clever? I think you're confusing "clever" with "well-known".

I am referring to the shirt from woot, which does not actually say "It's a trap" anywhere on it; which is why it is clever. While the line itself is "well-known", the shirt is not, so your statement is false there. To elaborate, it requires the person viewing it to be smart enough to figure out what the shirt is suggesting.

Hopefully that answers your question; perhaps you have not seen the shirt offered by woot that I was referring to.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

Hey! Thanks for the votes and comments!

To set the record straight- a lot of the allegiance decision were made because "hey! The Kinect looks like those thingies on Star Destroyers!" etc.

FlaringAfro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FlaringAfro
auctionsaver wrote:
"Sure. You could also waste away under the anxiety of dropping framerates every time a new title is released. Or you could buy a new console-priced video card every year."

This is so true. I am a PC gamer, but this drives me nuts. It is like owning a home... it is never complete.

At least you can do something about it. Just one player in Halo Reach on my 360pro had low frame rates sometimes - and even the cutscenes were choppy with movement etc. And don't get me started on the Firefight map "Glacier". I've seen it on about 3 other 360s so it's not just mine. They were all fat models so maybe it doesn't in slim, but all 360s should be able to play 360 games fine.

That said, consoles will always be nice for multiplayer. Mario Kart wouldn't exactly be as good of a game if you couldn't play it next to your friends without needing a bunch of computers.

jst1311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jst1311

I really like the shirt design, I just feel like it's 4-5 years late with the new systems supposedly coming out next year and all.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
countdown wrote:Just gonna throw in that I find this shirt to be disappointing. Mainly because if I think about it at all, I would much rather have a shirt with a real image from star wars of the battle of the death star (preferably the return of the jedi battle), rather than some contrived image that does not seem to even be illustrating a point or message or even a joke. Also, I imagine this depends on who you hang out with, but I dont see this shirt getting much more than a chuckle, and even that would be pushing it...

1) A shirt with a real image of the death star battle would be under copyright and lucasarts is a b**** so that wouldn't have even made it past the Rejectionator
2) It's illustrating the derby theme: "This week we want designs celebrating the gamer lifestyle"
3) Yep, definitely depends on who you hang out with, my friends would bust out laughing from all the good-natured debates (coughfightscough) about consoles that have been had over the years.
4) Besides you want absolute strangers from across the room to laugh at your shirt, so what does it matter if we just want our friends or the one random dude in a crowd to notice it? Different goals here. Some people like woot shirts for the uniqueness and obscurity, some like it for the pop culture dead horses, I mean, derby winners (*wink*), some like the occasional artsy shirt that makes it to the top.

chimunga

quality posts: 7 Private Messages chimunga
countdown wrote:Also, I imagine this depends on who you hang out with, but I dont see this shirt getting much more than a chuckle, and even that would be pushing it. Since there really is no tie between star wars and consoles aside from them both being slightly nerd associated. Wheras my "its a trap" shirt causes people to break out into hysterics whenever I enter a room and I get people shouting at me from across the street "it's a trap!". This is because the "its a trap" shirt is clever, and this one isnt. This just seems like an excuse to personify a bunch of consoles to make some simple jokes about them, but then why defame star wars with such a contrived design?

People break out into hysterics when you come into a room with an "It's a Trap!" shirt? You obviously hang out with people who are really REALLY easily entertained. That's like me saying people break out into hysterics when they see my plethora of witty "Keep Calm and...." posters.

It's not supposed to be ROFL funny. It's just a head nod to two separate things that are equally nerdy.

It is an excuse to personify consoles. And what exactly is wrong with that?

Side note: I don't wear shirts because I think they'll entertain other people. I wear them because because I like them.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

HAH! I love how the shapes of the space ships got translated into various console paraphernalia. So happy to see this print. In for 3, myself and my bros. We're all Star Wars fans and my bros at least play all these consoles. Me, I'm still chugging away on my Game Cube. My Game Boy DSXL is the newest fancy schancy game system I have.

I did know well the "prequel" console wars (but I wouldn't care to see that mash up, prequels are fake SW). I worked at Toys R Us back when it was Game Cube, Xbox (original) and PS2 and therefore I had to be well informed as to the different systems. Since then, meh, couldn't care less.

blastermaster728

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blastermaster728
sombrillo wrote:I'll second that - cold here in Northern New Mexico too!

I'll 4th that from down south here in central New Mexico. Good to see some other New Mexican wooters out there.

Also, as a strange sidenote, I ordered this shirt, and have since received an order confirmation from both Woot and PayPal, but then Paypal sent me a notice saying that I received a refund... any ideas?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 30.777s
First Sucker: DannySaiz
Last Wooter to Woot: miekniek
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 44% of Shirt Woots
Top 31% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 3894

First day sales 3894
First day posts 53

PhilCarr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PhilCarr

I think the point you're missing here is that the XBox 360 won this console generation's console wars. I'm a big Star Wars fan and a big XBox fan, and I'm for the good guys in the movie, but the point of the shirt is that the smaller "alliance" of consoles is trying to take down the bigger company. That's the message or joke illustrated therein.

countdown wrote:Just gonna throw in that I find this shirt to be disappointing. Mainly because if I think about it at all, I would much rather have a shirt with a real image from star wars of the battle of the death star (preferably the return of the jedi battle), rather than some contrived image that does not seem to even be illustrating a point or message or even a joke. Also, I imagine this depends on who you hang out with, but I dont see this shirt getting much more than a chuckle, and even that would be pushing it. Since there really is no tie between star wars and consoles aside from them both being slightly nerd associated. Wheras my "its a trap" shirt causes people to break out into hysterics whenever I enter a room and I get people shouting at me from across the street "it's a trap!". This is because the "its a trap" shirt is clever, and this one isnt. This just seems like an excuse to personify a bunch of consoles to make some simple jokes about them, but then why defame star wars with such a contrived design?

Secondly the xbox is the console for me ever since the N64, so I am not pleased to see it representing the empire.

Sorry about all the negativity, at least I can't be downvoted like in deals.woot.

joplrw10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joplrw10

Can we PLEASE get this is a pull over or zip up hoodie?! I am there!

trianglerootof7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trianglerootof7

where's the PC, fightin' the good fight?

ryst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryst

Dear Woot:

Please reprint this shirt so I can have ANH and ESB (the console editions) in my closet, to go with my ever-growing collection of laser discs, VHS, and DVDs. It just doesn't look right without the first shirt.

<3