popojijo35

quality posts: 2 Private Messages popojijo35

Yeah I came over to look at buying one because of the 20% off but these are still the same price they were.

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
popojijo35 wrote:Yeah I came over to look at buying one because of the 20% off but these are still the same price they were.

Nothing to see here, they fixed them! Well, they fixed The Binge, I assumed Nevermore would be right after. Still haven't gotten that one updated yet, but they're probably working on it.

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants

It was not my intention to slight No1 or his excellent "Pandemonium" design when putting together this sale. There must be a problem with the reporting, either in the catalog sorting or in the sale number displayed on the site. We are looking into it.

No1, I suspect there will be a Plus sale appearance in your near future! I will do my best to make it up to you for this error.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
ProfHotpants wrote:It was not my intention to slight No1 or his excellent "Pandemonium" design when putting together this sale. There must be a problem with the reporting, either in the catalog sorting or in the sale number displayed on the site. We are looking into it.

No1, I suspect there will be a Plus sale appearance in your near future! I will do my best to make it up to you for this error.

you are so awesome. :^)

ProfHotpants

Also, there's a couple of reasons for the inclusion of Reckoning shirts in this Plus sale. First, we wanted the sale to be complete - one place you could go to see the Top 20 shirts of all time. Second, not everyone looks at the Reckoning. This sale will have new folks looking at it who don't even know we have such a thing as the Reckoning.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

The Binge and Nevermore should be at $12 now, and we'll be keeping them at that price for an extra forty minutes or so to at least make up for some lost time. Seems there was some unforeseen crossing of streams due to the unusual inclusion of reckoning tees in a PLUS sale and the detour discounting. Never cross the streams.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

First, thank you MrsBones for the explanation. I did not realize that the side sales would be given different priority over the PTO shirts, and like Jessiferr, I'm completely ignorant about this:

jessiferr wrote:Forgive my lack of knowledge on this subject, but why is screen printing better than digitally printing?

Can anyone answer?

CruelMelody

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CruelMelody

edgarmcherley side sale please and thank you

jrunnerrunnerj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrunnerrunnerj
Adelas wrote:First, thank you MrsBones for the explanation. I did not realize that the side sales would be given different priority over the PTO shirts, and like Jessiferr, I'm completely ignorant about this:

Can anyone answer?

I really want to know this too...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jessiferr wrote:Forgive my lack of knowledge on this subject, but why is screen printing better than digitally printing?

if nobody else is gonna step up i'll take a shot and let peeps correct me.

in the past i think digital prints were considered less durable than screen prints, and colour matching was a bit hit or miss. screenprinting could also use weird inks like glow-in-the-dark. plus screenprinting was more efficient for high-volume printing, with savings passed on to the consumer (meaning dtg was more expensive). however according to the recent woot blog post about their newish print-to-order catalog the tech has improved so there's not so much diff. i imagine, as with many other cases of adopting new tech, there will be some bugs to iron out of woot's dtg processes, as opposed to the screenprints we know and love.

aledlewis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aledlewis
bls1 wrote:It is possible to get poster prints of any of these anymore? I wish I could order the Tardis/Delorean as a print.

An exquisite 6 color screen print of It Came Out of Nowhere is available here: http://store.iam8bit.com/index.php?product=art-00385

ProfHotpants

I wouldn't say screen printing is better than digital printing, just different. Screen printing is easier for us to produce hundreds of shirts featuring the same design - it's faster and more consistent. The digital printing allows for a greater variety of designs to be printed in a day, but it's much, much slower.

As far as the prints themselves, they should be comparable. Screen printed shirts may have more vibrancy (depending on the colors being printed) while digital printed shirts may have softer halftones/gradients.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

If no1 at 21 is slighted and a shirt at 22 is in, what shirt is missing from the top 20 to compensate? That atrocious broccoli monstrosity?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Darquis wrote:If no1 at 21 is slighted and a shirt at 22 is in, what shirt is missing from the top 20 to compensate? That atrocious broccoli monstrosity?

As I posted yesterday, shirt #20 is the famous The Dark Knight. After several weeks dominating the Reckoning, it was pulled mid-week. Woot never said why - except that the artist, Nathan Pyle (designer of today's shirt!), did nothing wrong. My suspicion is that Warner Brothers had a cow because "The Dark Knight" is trademarked and there's no parody exception for trademarks like there is for copyrights.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

neuropsychosocial

ProfHotpants wrote:It was not my intention to slight No1 or his excellent "Pandemonium" design when putting together this sale. There must be a problem with the reporting, either in the catalog sorting or in the sale number displayed on the site. We are looking into it.

Hurray! And thank you for letting us know!

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
neuropsychosocial wrote:As I posted yesterday, shirt #20 is the famous The Dark Knight. After several weeks dominating the Reckoning, it was pulled mid-week. Woot never said why - except that the artist, Nathan Pyle (designer of today's shirt!), did nothing wrong. My suspicion is that Warner Brothers had a cow because "The Dark Knight" is trademarked and there's no parody exception for trademarks like there is for copyrights.

Hm, was it available at all in the backcatalog when it launched?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Darquis wrote:Hm, was it available at all in the backcatalog when it launched?

No, it wasn't.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dsportie wrote:Am I right to assume that, with standard shipping, these will not arrive in time for Christmas?

From the event page: The Top 20 will ship on the 19th! Man, we should've planned that better.

If you definitely want it by Christmas, you should invest the $5 for overnight shipping.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

peace168

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peace168

Man-o-man, so many to buy...wish they do a Woot-Off on these as well.

billrosenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billrosenberg

These are all good, no question about that, but I am holding out for a re-run of "Look Son, a Tree." That's my favorite. If you still have some of those squirreled away, count me in.

Thanks.

maddgrrl31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maddgrrl31

I absolutely love Fresh Cake but am so confused at how it could be a top shirt in such an ugly color. Any other color and I'd have bought it long ago.

blazer10777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazer10777

Purple, why can't Freshcake be purple? They sold out on the purple sale a few weeks ago, and I'm still crying over that. Please make more purple goodness.

blazer10777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazer10777
maddgrrl31 wrote:I absolutely love Fresh Cake but am so confused at how it could be a top shirt in such an ugly color. Any other color and I'd have bought it long ago.

Agreed. I have the olive green, and I still love the design, but I want the purple and they will not let me have it.

tamarahughes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tamarahughes

So... I ordered two of The Cheese is a Liederkranz almost a month ago. For $3 more. And it's not gonna make it to Canada for Christmas anyway as it's STILL awaiting shipping. If I cancel that order and re-order on the sale, will it get printed faster since there is an actual shipping date on the sale shirts and not just sometime in the nebulous future?

jessiferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessiferr

Thanks for the answers finally on the screen vs digital printing, folks!

awhuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awhuy

since the dark knight was pulled mid-run, are you doing that as a silk screen? because i know from reading your post on digital print is that you can't do glow-in-the-dark, so i'm presuming the rabbit shirt will be screened since its only two color tones. and the other PTO top twenties are being DPed? or since this is a limited run you'll silk these too? Staff please confirm.

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
blazer10777 wrote:Purple, why can't Freshcake be purple? They sold out on the purple sale a few weeks ago, and I'm still crying over that. Please make more purple goodness.

What size are you looking for anyways? I'm open to parting them in sizes MM, ML, and MXL, for the right price.

awhuy wrote:... Staff please confirm.

I'm not staff, but all of the Woot-plus side-sale items will be screen printed. There's no way the DTG will keep up with the volume.

neuropsychosocial

awhuy wrote:since the dark knight was pulled mid-run, are you doing that as a silk screen?

The Dark Knight isn't being silk screened because it's not being reprinted - now or ever.