zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance

What the duece?!?!!

drummingcraig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages drummingcraig

From Wikipedia:

"Krampus is a beast-like creature from the folklore of Alpine countries thought to punish bad children during the Christmas season, in contrast with Saint Nicholas, who rewards nice ones with gifts. Krampus is said to capture particularly naughty children in his sack and carry them away to his lair."

So are we gonna kick it - Gonna kick it woot down - Gonna break it all down - Gonna kick it woot down!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

IMPORTANT

If you want it by Christmas, choose the $5 One-day shipping.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Perhaps a quick link to explain the Krumpus.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Those darn Krampuses, they put his eye out! Is the dad waving his fist over the taking of the child or the major award I wonder.

Espinos13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Espinos13

I get it but i would never buy it; 1. youd have to explain it all the time and 2. it just creeps me out in a way i cant explain.

The user's going to pick dancing pigs over security every time.

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

So, you don't have to worry about your eye being shot out on this occasion. Having it forcibly torn from its socket however is another matter.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 69 Private Messages oakenspirit

If only he had kept his pink bunny suit on.... Krampuses be afraid of man-bunnies...

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance

Yeah...this really creeps me out too. Seems that it's a hit in Nebraska though.

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc

Notafinga!

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

feloniousacronis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages feloniousacronis

Pardon my French, but shouldn't that be Krampii? (cram-pie).... on second thought, maybe not. Oh, God, I have been on the internet too long.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 82 Private Messages Thirdbase9
feloniousacronis wrote:Pardon my French, but shouldn't that be Krampii? (cram-pie).... on second thought, maybe not. Oh, God, I have been on the internet too long.

Darn you, you beat me to it.

I don't know.

countryjustice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages countryjustice
feloniousacronis wrote:Pardon my French, but shouldn't that be Krampii? (cram-pie)

No. "Krampus" is Germanic in origin, not Latin.

feloniousacronis wrote:.... on second thought, maybe not. Oh, God, I have been on the internet too long.

For what it's worth, the actual plural is "Krampusse." I'm pretty certain that isn't any better, though.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

This is my favorite daily entry, ever! It's just hilarious! Great job!

hasopt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt

The Krampus is far scarier than that darn Elf on a Shelf. Who knew?

burkhardi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burkhardi

ROFLMAO...I got the red Krampus shirt, red zip-up hoodie and card set that was being sold on here about two weeks ago http://shirt.woot.com/offers/greetings-from-krampus
for my brother-in-law that loves Krampus and I just bought this shirt for him since I think he will be on the ground rolling when he sees it. I also got him the shirt a year or two ago when it was on shirt.wOOt too.

spiek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiek
J83pc wrote:Notafinga!

Best forgotten line of the movie.

gootsmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gootsmeister

Heres a great book on the subject....... http://www.amazon.com/Krampus-A-Christmas-Tale-ebook/dp/B006HHWVIY

www.freehollowbooks.com Books of Carp

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
tomspc wrote:This is my favorite daily entry, ever! It's just hilarious! Great job!

Thanks for being positive!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

At first I was like "what?"
And then I was like "hey!"
And then I was like "ah!"
And finally I was like "LOL"

move along

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I love Krampus, but I can't explain to my four year-old that naughty children are kidnapped by a horned, cloven-hoofed demon, so it saps some of the fun out of it.

The reference here is a good one, definitely gets the tone of A Christmas Story right. Fun shirt.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

Nice shirt, but pretty silly that they didn't sell it sooner. Having to choose to pay an extra $5 to get it by Christmas... horrible planning. When else would you need it by? Seriously?!

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore

Dude... How are they selling any of these? The design is too complex. The krampus allusion is way to obscure to mean anything to the vasty majority of ... well, anyone.

Oh yeah, and it's just ugly.

e

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Well go on and buy it then, smartass!

I'm buying it! I'm buying it!

mmormino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mmormino

Um. I woulda bought it if it was in time for St. Nicholas' Day (Dec 6). That's the day that Krampus traditionally comes with his entourage to cart away and/or beat naughty children in sacks.

So what's up with putting Krampus shirts up a week AFTER Krampusnacht?

We actually celebrate St. Nicholas' day at our house with the tradition that St. Nick puts small gifts in good kids' shoes while they sleep on Dec 6th. My 3 year old is on his P's and Q's, not because of Santa, but because of Krampus.

mrmessma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrmessma

Definitely not fork tongued in the drawings... woot, I am disappoint.

ArdillaCiega

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ArdillaCiega

Is it too late to request a Krampus derby?

Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

jonwhoa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jonwhoa

They're also kinda like the Grinch. That left one is carrying away the roast beast like nobody's business!

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
safyrejet wrote:Those darn Krampuses, they put his eye out! Is the dad waving his fist over the taking of the child or the major award I wonder.

It's not "the dad" it's The Old Man. And it's the turkey he's most pissed about.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
everlore wrote:Dude... How are they selling any of these? The design is too complex. The krampus allusion is way to obscure to mean anything to the vasty majority of ... well, anyone.

False.

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx

Totally buying this! Christmas Story has always been one of my favorite movies. Years ago I worked in a small town in that area of Indiana, and a co-worker told me that Flick was a real person and owned a bar in Hammond (altho there seems to be some question about that).

Plunking down $5 so I can have it in time for my Christmas trip to Indiana!

Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra!!! :D

mesatrin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mesatrin

This looks more like a monkeygeddon than the monkeygeddon shirt

tomcall

quality posts: 102 Private Messages tomcall

Easily the best holiday tradition.

bob4shopping

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bob4shopping
Espinos13 wrote:I get it but i would never buy it; 1. youd have to explain it all the time and 2. it just creeps me out in a way i cant explain.

Agreed, there's too much going on in the image. I'd have to explain it too often, which would probably sound to someone else like: "Ralphie--'A Christmas Story'--Bumpus' dogs--Krampus--Bavarian folklore--bwah, bwah wah-wah-wah, [NERD] [NERD] [NERD] [NERD] [NERD]..."

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary

Totally off-topic question, but I figured this would be the fastest way to find out: If I purchased something on one of the other Woot stores, does the $5 shipping cost apply to T-Shirts as well?

gustaverson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gustaverson

With more and more shirts becoming a melange of memes, it has me wondering, woot! community, how does one pronounce meme?

I keep hearing meme like theme, team or extreme.

Still others prefer meme like men or ah-hem.

Does this change with your enthusiasm for said meme? such as I'm keen on this meme or, if feeling underwhelmed, more like meh-me. Nice shirt by the way - seems naughty children aren't the only category within the Krampus' kleptomania.

Memetally challenged,

-Gustaverson

chickypeas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chickypeas

arrrrgh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arrrrgh
gustaverson wrote: how does one pronounce meme?

-Gustaverson

according to dictionary.com, it is pronounced [meem]

minionofeckerd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages minionofeckerd
chickypeas wrote:Krampus is so much cooler than Santa. In parts of Europe, people will dress up like Krampus and try and scare you. Sometimes they'll beat you with a stick. Why can't we have that here?

Because we like our underpants to be clean and not become dirty due to uncontrolled bodily functions after seeing such a disturbing creature.

Let me know if I'm speaking for myself though...