Mishvmd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Mishvmd

Would love to see a child sprawled out in jammies sleeping in the funky positions they get into, add a bedraggled teddy for "aww" factor , and of course, a curled up cat at foot of bed...

Another thought, person awake on edge of bed with big baggy eyes and most of the bed occupied by pet(s)

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

globalbee wrote:I couldn't agree more! Ban cats from a few. Mix it up a bit.

Here is a helpful statistic from Neuro:

neuropsychosocial wrote:Last week, Reckoning 277, there was one cat shirt. Reckonings 276, 275, and 274 were cat-free, so that's three full weeks without a cat shirt. In Reckoning 273, there was one cat shirt. Reckoning 272 was cat-free. Reckoning 271 had one cat shirt. Reckonings 270, 269, 268, and 267 were cat-free. As that goes back to mid-September, I'm going to stop there.

So twelve weeks, 74 non-cat shirts, four cat shirts, and two Random Shirts days. I'd say we go "at least a full week without a cat shirt" fairly often.

Two cat shirts printed in the past few days and that's not a usual occurrence. No, no... I'm not making a cat design tomorrow.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

So I made this thing. My thought process started out "I should have some wolves sleeping next to some deer" and then ended (as my designs often do) "...and then place them IN SPACE."

Which one is better/less worse?

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
QuigglyPhD wrote:Updated. Obviously have a lot more to do but I'm tired now.

Yes, the wings are supposed to be coming out from his head. I thought about a stylized helmet but I kinda think this is more bad-a$$ personally

I like the look of it. Can't wait to see how it turns out. I do agree that many would not know who it was, but that doesn't make it less cool.

oakenspirit

jessisima wrote:
This is an unfinished version of my hibernation design. Any input is appreciated.

This is gorgeous. I love how soft it looks. Perfect colors.

I am doing a hibernation design as well but it could not be more different.

LOVE.

oakenspirit

rasabi wrote:So I made this thing. My thought process started out "I should have some wolves sleeping next to some deer" and then ended (as my designs often do) "...and then place them IN SPACE."

Which one is better/less worse?

I like the one with the "black hole portal to the snowy field" thing.

Very cool man.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
oakenspirit wrote:This is gorgeous. I love how soft it looks. Perfect colors.

I am doing a hibernation design as well but it could not be more different.

LOVE.

Thanks! Colors are always what I feel most unsure with, so I'm really happy to hear that they came out well. I look forward to seeing yours

starlght25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starlght25

Will the Princess & the Pea work? I've never submitted anything before, but thought about maybe getting my feet wet...

oakenspirit

starlght25 wrote:Will the Princess & the Pea work? I've never submitted anything before, but thought about maybe getting my feet wet...

Welcome aboard! Great week to start with this theme.
Should be cool! I love your sketchy sketches... hehe

oakenspirit

Here is what I have so far...
They ended up cuter than I wanted but I'm pretty happy with them anyway.

My third one will make up for the cuteness... I promise. Might be a few days before I finish though...

Cryo Hibernation!

It's not the same...

Thoughts?

Titles?

KWildman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KWildman
oakenspirit wrote:Here is what I have so far...
They ended up cuter than I wanted but I'm pretty happy with them anyway.

It's not the same...

Thoughts?

Titles?

I like the robot one!
It describes how I feel every morning...

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
oakenspirit wrote:This is going to be a cool derby... I feel like I am finally getting the hang of photoshop too!

Hey, can anyone tell me how to get their links in a horizontal row instead of going down vertically... I have like three entries in this one and I don't like my sig taking up so much room.

Just make sure you don't press enter between tags. Enter starts a new line.

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:Just make sure you don't press enter between tags. Enter starts a new line.

... that's it...

I feel dumb now...

Thanks man

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
ochopika wrote:Two cat shirts printed in the past few days and that's not a usual occurrence. No, no... I'm not making a cat design tomorrow.

What we need to do is ban the cat-shirt-buying-people who keep voting and buying the cat shirts!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
ochopika wrote:Two cat shirts printed in the past few days and that's not a usual occurrence. No, no... I'm not making a cat design tomorrow.

Have you seen all the cat designs out in the Derby right now? And maybe they don't all go to print BUT they are always in the fog.

roserael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roserael

I was hoping for some stunning Dream Catcher designs. I'm a little disappointed I haven't see any.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

I love cats... thus was expecting some great cat shirts when I heard this week's theme. :D

They all suck. :C
I mean... they're cute
but not worth my money ¬¬

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

SO MANY PANDAS

kalee11

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kalee11

I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but I've noticed that since Woot changed the way the top three designs are chosen, the derby has been receiving a LOT fewer votes. Sometimes a design will win with as few as 300 or so votes, when before it used to take around 600-800 votes to win. Is this something others have noticed? Is Woot going to do something to try to get more people involved again?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kalee11 wrote:I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but I've noticed that since Woot changed the way the top three designs are chosen, the derby has been receiving a LOT fewer votes. Sometimes a design will win with as few as 300 or so votes, when before it used to take around 600-800 votes to win. Is this something others have noticed? Is Woot going to do something to try to get more people involved again?

you mite be interested in reading this thread where other wooters speculate about the cause of the decline in voterage.