Tsaiireii

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tsaiireii

Maybe the capes thing is about superheroes fumbling due to wearing capes?

Could be a reference specifically to Incredibles' Edna, the superhero costume designer who says "NO CAPES." In the movie, there are clips of a cape getting stuck in a turbines and another pulling a superhero back into a vortex.

...Or I'm reading too much into it and it's just a hero's exit or something.

justibone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justibone

Sad, not funny, IMO.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
grecom25 wrote:Honestly, how often do you see people wearing a shirt with a cat on it? I wonder how many people that vote for these shirts actually buy them.

Strangely enough, I wear Super Effective fairly often. Do you know how often I get comments on it? Almost every time.

I guess that means I like the attention.

Yet I don't buy, nor do I even vote for or even like every single cat design that comes through (no, I'm not saying). I guess what I'm saying is there's a different sort of cat shirt for people that are inclined to it, and people vote with a lot of different strategies in mind.

Anyway, that's a side discussion that probably shouldn't be happening here anyway, but if folks want to get all meta over voting, feel free to start a thread on it!

I'm just hanging out, really.

thezar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thezar

Where does the letter "N" come in??

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
thezar wrote:Where does the letter "N" come in??

The shirt title, I'm thinking.

I'm just hanging out, really.

wilme2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilme2
ariadnesthread wrote:Am I the only one who saw shotgun shells, not batteries?

Yep, me too.

jrwwallis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrwwallis

Cute shirt, but a few things missing:
- cat gets bitten by a snake
- cat eats rat that had eaten rat poison
- cat gets urinary blockage
- cat gets locked in neighbourhood garage for 6 days
- cat gets diabetes

sayruh62

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sayruh62

This shirt makes me sad, not happy.

shaikt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaikt

My friend's cat was hit by a car a couple of days ago. I'm sure I'd find the shirt more uplifting otherwise, but I'm not sure how much.

charlesosg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charlesosg

It has to be hypocritical to think the dumb ways to die video is funny and this shirt is not but there you are, I'm hypocritical. Maybe it's because most of the deaths in the former are absurd.

Not happy that this shirt was in my email today. There are of course larger problems in the world.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
charlesosg wrote:It has to be hypocritical to think the dumb ways to die video is funny and this shirt is not but there you are, I'm hypocritical. Maybe it's because most of the deaths in the former are absurd.

Not happy that this shirt was in my email today. There are of course larger problems in the world.

I think everyone is missing the final panel in this shirt as being inspirational. The point is that the cat is happy even though it has gone through so much misfortune and made so many mistakes in life.

Be happy and keep looking forward. ^_^

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

ratfeather

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ratfeather
orangepaisley1 wrote:this is like the saddest shirt ever.

Yes, it is. I think I might be done with Woot because of it.

rayepreston

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayepreston
moniquelovescats wrote:WHAT is the second cat eating....corks?

Shotgun shells?

bonink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonink

I hope this shirt finally kills off the the CAT shirts on Woot for good.

circetwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages circetwo

So, if I choose the "one-day shipping," does that apply to everything I buy today? Or do I have to pay that separately for every item?

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

I think one panel should be the owners, holding each other and sobbing while the vet gives the cat it's last injection because it's got cancer and can't get up anymore.

Too soon?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 157 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

circetwo wrote:So, if I choose the "one-day shipping," does that apply to everything I buy today? Or do I have to pay that separately for every item?

The One-day shipping is ONLY for that one particular order. The "Free Shipping" policy only applies to regular/standard shipping.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

circetwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages circetwo

Thank you!

ROGETRAY wrote:The One-day shipping is ONLY for that one particular order. The "Free Shipping" policy only applies to regular/standard shipping.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
TobiasAmaranth wrote:I think everyone is missing the final panel in this shirt as being inspirational. The point is that the cat is happy even though it has gone through so much misfortune and made so many mistakes in life.

Be happy and keep looking forward. ^_^

I'm not really sure how many people will make it to the last panel to get this alleged tale of hope. I got about as far as the tire tread and was sickened. Cute death is still insensitive, if not worse because it makes light of something serious. I don't even like cats and I think this shirt is terrible.

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister

I like cats but I can't eat a whole one. With that in mind. Cat wanders behind local chinese restaurant. Cat snuggles up beside warm car engine and gets caught in the fan belt. Second one isnt funny, because it can be a very costly repair!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 34.004s
First Sucker: Daddyofnine
Last Wooter to Woot: ionmanone
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 42% of Shirt Woots
Top 41% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1407

First day sales 1407
First day posts 59

Uriel238

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Uriel238

I'm the one guy around here that wears cat shirts. But yeah, this one cuts too close to my sad bone.

I didn't know about cats eating batteries. We almost lost a cat to eating a twig, however. Surgery required.

The caped one likes to jump ledges from high places. When a jump is missed, the trip down is bumpy, fatal or both.

U.