harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
jfsiv wrote:This is so cool, cute, and adorable. I love this style it looks like a Chibi.

THankU!

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: little night theater

i decided to have another try .i was disturbed by the too present door on the first entry.I think this one looks better.

kharmazero

oakenspirit wrote:This is really awesome... and I like your write up on it... gaining a few of those rituals myself with my lil 1.5 year old daughter.

Makes me think of the monolith as well, which is a plus!

Thanks a lot Oaken.At first i was disturbed when a woman at the kinder garden was speaking of rituals, but i understood that it's the way for kids to construct and not to be lost in this big new world.

kharmazero

eschwalm wrote:I like this direction. The hand drawn elements really give a frame for the colors. I just wonder if there is too much orange for there to be a good contrast. If the door was a blue or purple, it would really stand out against the orange. That's just my opinion, and I think it's a really beautiful shirt.

Thanks a lot, you pointed out something that was disturbing me in the design without knowing what.I made anther version

here

nimrond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: Make To Wake Up

The colouring is very well done. Love it!

cherrybear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cherrybear
Re: sleep is for wimps

If this was on royal I would love it! I just can't justify owning another gray shirt.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Wild dream

This is really funny, but you'll need to resubmit on one of the listed color options--asphalt isn't a choice. Navy or silver gets my vote.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Always Tired

This could explain a few things.

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
Re: Sleepy Fairy

Six colors on navy.

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
knobody wrote:based on this image: http://media.techeblog.com/images/violin_illusion.jpg ?

There are several places in the US and in Iceland where I've seen this, or similar, illusions. I think the picture you linked to is in the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington.

This particular image I modeled from scratch in a 3D rendering program (DAZ Bryce, which I've used for about 12 years now (DAZ is the third company to own Bryce, I believe)), and then worked backward to transfer that into Adobe Illustrator.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Wild dream

PLEASE PUT THIS ON NAVY or BLACK!!!

Also... is the color you picked part of the rules?

eschwalm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eschwalm
Re: little night theater

The softer light in the door does look more inviting!

ThingamaBob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThingamaBob
justynadorsz wrote:I like the idea and you did really nice job with yellow light and shadows in this piece!

Agreed. The lighting on this is fantastic. It feels like it's in 3D, and I feel like I need to duck my head to avoid getting hit by a bed post.

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
Re: Clock Nightmare

Everyone's nightmare

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Ethereal Dreams

This is super duper cool. Extra super duper cool.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

harantula

Re: Wild Dream (black)

great!!!

harantula

Re: Clock Nightmare

c'mon man!this is A.W.E.S.O.M.E!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Catching Flight Zzz

This is great!

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Not Right Now...

I have a feeling this will get some more votes tomorrow morning !! lol

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

A collab with Novembrine!! The three sleep champions!! Koalas, Bats and Giant Armadillos! Hope you like it

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Counting Sheep

thanks so much for all the kind words everyone!

writermist

Re: When Puppies Sleep (White)

Should I make a black version?

writermist

lyonscc

Re: Moonlight Sonata

Here's a test-render I ran to use as a reference (to get the reflections and placement right)

I don't know if you were suggesting that I used the image you linked to, but I just wanted to show that I did not. As you can see, the shape and placement is all in my model, not a separate image. (Also - if your image is of the place I think it is, the foreground land is not an island, but a peninsula, that keeps getting higher as you move to the left.)

manikx66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manikx66

very well done

fishman396

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishman396
kharmazero wrote:i decided to have another try .i was disturbed by the too present door on the first entry.I think this one looks better.

I like this one more as well. However, the colors now seem a bit too muted; it could benefit from some of the more intense colors of the original, just not all concentrated in the door.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Catching Flight Zzz

Splendid design.

move along

Flawless89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flawless89

As sleep consumes us we are washed over by the tranquility of the night. Allowing our subconscious mind to explore those fragments we call dreams.

Thank you for your votes.

Re: Tranquility

Flawless89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flawless89

As sleep consumes us we are washed over by the tranquility of the night. Allowing our subconscious mind to explore those fragments we call dreams.

Thank you for your vote.

Re: Tranquility

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Re: Recurring dreams

I'm really drawn to the simplicity of this one walmazan. You effectively sum up the character with a few well chosen lines.

gregorschmid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregorschmid
fuacka wrote:Everyone's nightmare

my derby favorite! creepy :D

harantula

fuacka wrote:Beautiful work O.O

thanks man

flemtone

quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: The monster under my bed.

I have to say...I really like the coloring and shading of this. Well done concept, especially the comfy expression on the monster and the 'Kilroy Was Here' look of the bed's occupant. Very well done indeed. GMV.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
Re: sleep is for wimps

This makes me think of all of the coffee that is consumed in my department on the overnight shift, and the artificial alertness it can bring with it.

ibexscribe

oakenspirit wrote:Bear, bear, bear, ... hamster?

Perhaps Teddy Bear Hamster...

Well, technically koalas aren't bears, so the little guy on top doesn't have to be a bear ;).

ibexscribe

Re: Ah, Fresh Laundry

This is my Bichon when I leave laundry lying around. It's my reality and it's adorable!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Dreamland Concerto

I normally don't like shirts that look "clip-arty", but this is stellar

lyonscc

mjc613 wrote:I normally don't like shirts that look "clip-arty", but this is stellar

Thanks! I had originally started this during the "Beach" derby, but I kept messing up the piano model, and I was never happy with the environment around it. Here's an early test render I did before I settled down on the design I ended up going with:

abrndude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrndude

How does this have anything to do with sleep? Just because you changed the name doesnt mean it has anything to do with the theme. You even said it was originally for a beach theme, wow.