4%
62%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

Excellent choice, Mr. Pyle! Hands down the best entry of the derby.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I think if this hadn't printed, there may have been a few angry villagers at Woot's castle.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

elvo123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elvo123

Mythologically accurate. Great design.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Come Hel or highwater, I wanted this shirt.

Great choice.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

luzob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luzob

shirt.woot... converting members into Norse Pagans one shirt at a time. http://shirt.woot.com/offers/yggdrasil-tree being my favorite

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Ah, the Norse always find awesome/crazy ways of doing things. This design reminds me, I've told several family members that I may want a Viking-eque funeral pyre when I go.

luzob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luzob
bluejester wrote:Ah, the Norse always find awesome/crazy ways of doing things. This design reminds me, I've told several family members that I may want a Viking-eque funeral pyre when I go.

as long as I get to fire the first flaming arrow

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

We tied for 3rd! (another 10 minutes of voting would have fixed that)
I always wanted to see what would happen with a tie.
Beautiful shirt, hellgram.

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Yay, more Norse mythology! Certainly don't see enough of it. I'm a sucker for anything Norse, so definitely in for one. :3

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

Linktoreality

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Linktoreality

My girlfriend's a Norse pagan, and she would've bought one if the shirt had the squirrel and/or lacked the comic book-style Loki's helmet.

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

There have been a few ties in my lifetime here at woot. You get both shirts in one package for the price of one shirt.

Radscoolian wrote:We tied for 3rd! (another 10 minutes of voting would have fixed that)
I always wanted to see what would happen with a tie.
Beautiful shirt, hellgram.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

One Helheim of a cool Norse shirt. And also perfect for gamers who think the Dreamcast will rise again. :p

Congrats Helgram!

hardrockinmofo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hardrockinmofo

OK. So I'll admit it. I know NOTHING about Norse mythology, and even though I am a Metal fan, I have no Viking Metal in my collection. Anywho, the Hilarious story at least explained enough for me to comprehend the meaning behind this shirt. That being said, this is an awesome design that I.....Must.....Buy.....Now!

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

A wonderful design; so glad to see it won. Especially fond of Thought and Memory perching on the tree.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

A picture of the Nidhogg from the 17th century:

pfffft!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Huh. My Miracle-Gro root booster is acting strange...

jonwhoa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jonwhoa

Great job, nice design!

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

This is one of the most awesome Woot designs I have ever seen!

thekla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thekla
nathanwpyle wrote:This is one of the most awesome Woot designs I have ever seen!

totally agree - I bought 2 so that when the first wears out I will have a spare... might be best woot shirt yet.

fraenhawk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fraenhawk
bpr2 wrote:There have been a few ties in my lifetime here at woot. You get both shirts in one package for the price of one shirt.

Is that just a hidden bonus when your order comes in 'cause there's no mention of that anywhere on the shirt.woot page.

eviloverlord333

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eviloverlord333

Confusion here - I see the eagle and the dragon but I don't see a squirrel, I see a raven. What am I missing?

lasankey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lasankey

Am so bummed! Took a Norse Mythology course at the U. Disappointed there's no Ratatosk. Include the squirrel and I'd buy a few shirts in a heart beat.

helgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helgram

Thank you Nathan! - that animated gif is pretty rad. And thanks to everyone for the kind words. The design took a bit of time to put together, and I'm excited to see how it prints.

Radscoolian - our avatars wear the same shirt. coincidence? ;)

Regarding the confusion, those are in fact Huginn and Muninn, the really awesome ravens of Odin. I chose not to depict the unnamed(!) eagle and the hate-mail delivering squirrel.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I sincerely love this design and am so very pleased that it was chosen to print! As soon as I have funds later in the week, I will be purchasing this shirt with full excitement.

Edit, important update information coming in over the telegraph: ... *beep beepbeepbeep beep beeeeeep* ... 'Tis been boughten, huzzah!

Hippie2MARS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Hippie2MARS

In for one, just because it's stunning! Hope the boyfriend agrees, since it's for him.

lonelypond

quality posts: 463 Private Messages lonelypond

helgram with the excellent colors again, matched to a treasure's worth of details.

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

This is officially my first anvil purchase. I must have this shirt because it's awesome and right up my alley, no matter what it's printed on. But plz don't tell anybody I broke the boycott. Shhhhhh

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

Had to get one; I almost sprang for the shipping in hopes of getting it in time for Soltice and the Mayan calendar turnover--in case the myths coincide and ragnorok ensues. But I decided if the gods/goddess want e to have it by then, I will anyway.

The Norse myths are great reading.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Just wanted to add that the linework and colors are really Mignola-esque, for extra awesomeness. I'm really glad this printed. Sure I'll pick one up soon. ^_^

justynadorsz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justynadorsz

Very unique color choice and the birds and the helmet are a nice touch. Great job!

jerry920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerry920

Is it wrong that I want it BECAUSE it looks like a metal album cover?

thekla

quality posts: 5 Private Messages thekla
fraenhawk wrote:Is that just a hidden bonus when your order comes in 'cause there's no mention of that anywhere on the shirt.woot page.

one can hope

keysersozae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keysersozae

Curse you woot! I missed this by a minute...blasted Pacific Timezone...

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 24.005s
First Sucker: khronosclock
Last Wooter to Woot: tenshikitsune
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1735

First day sales 1735
First day posts 32

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
helgram wrote:- that animated gif is pretty rad. And thanks to everyone for the kind words.

I'm afraid the dragon would look like a bullseye on my big belly so I convinced our overnight guest to register on shirt.woot and order Nidhogg. He loves dragons as much as I do.

Mavyn

Anyone else a little disappointed with the printed tee?

Mine just came in and it's much more red and grey, much less pink and purple. :/

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Anyone else a little disappointed with the printed tee?

Mine just came in and it's much more red and grey, much less pink and purple. :/

Yeah, I just opened mine and I'm disappointed with the colours. The beautiful design looks flat and off because the colours are very much on the grey and orange side of blah.

Below is a photo of the shirt. I tried to take photos in lighting that accurately represented the colours as printed, but it's night and my home's lighting is much too yellow for true accuracy. I will edit in more accurate photos in tomorrow's daylight. The trunk is a flat brick, the dark highlights are a grey-navy that fade/blend into the shirt, and the dragon is a red-orange that does not go well with its flat brick highlights. There is a distinct lack of the warm blue-violet tint that helgram's design shows as a derby entry and as a purchase preview. These colours are dead, greyed versions of the design mock-up and, honestly, do a great disservice to the gorgeous design and its original presented colours.

The print is not a disaster, I know, but it is indeed a disappointment. A huge part of the draw was not just the excellent art of the design, but the dynamic, electric colour scheme that complemented, enlivened, and elevated the art. Instead of pleased, I am... deflated.

Mavyn

Here is a pic of mine:

I'm really disappointed. I'm emailing service. This is nothing like the mockup.

cosmicpea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cosmicpea

Ditto for mine. It's a little redder than the two pictures above but it's very orangey-red and nowhere near the colors of the Woot picture. It just doesn't pop the way that picture does. And the tree roots are so close to black that they fade into the background. I think this might be my last shirt

Not to mention 10.5 days in transit.