gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom
batlrar wrote:There are no instructions on when to or not to wear this shirt!

It is always appropriate to wear, since Teslans are always ON!

rcassady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rcassady
TKurata wrote:Love the shirt...some of the text around it turned me off from a buy, though. "Frying the Sky" not so bad, the "inspiring geeks" is what made me not buy it.

Already geeky shirt does not need a redundant mention of "geek."

Otherwise, awesome shirt!

I feel the same way. Plus its supposed to look like an actual college tshirt. It wouldn't have "inspiring geeks" printed on it.

basfiji

quality posts: 8 Private Messages basfiji

I love that you removed my post!

urbsnspices

quality posts: 7 Private Messages urbsnspices

This is a very Meh shirt.

Maybe it isnt so much the shirt, but the fact that hipsters have turned Tesla into some sort of mythical populist communist engineer. It started with that stupid movie who made him look like some sort of fool performing magic tricks. As an RF engineer I have always been a fan, but Tesla has become the Che of the engineering world. So sad.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Nice job, Vincent!

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345

So, the upgraded one-day shipping gets it to me in a week? Not Friday?

edit (three hours later): Huh. The mobile site said delivery next Wednesday, but the desktop site says "1 business day". If I get this with 1-day shipping, when can I expect it?

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

chier01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chier01
ivanivanovich wrote:
And I think Serbian electrical engineers can be said to have been in the English-speaking world!
For years I lived just a few blocks from where Tesla blasted messages to aliens from Colorado Springs ... gotta have one!

Croatian even. ;) He was born in Smiljan, Lika, Croatia even though he is often credited as a Serbian-American.

I also lived in Colorado Springs although I'm buying it for the latin on the bottom. Epic touch.

quillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quillow
midstarrynight wrote:
And here and here for some giggles about Tesla

Hear, hear! Kate Beaton (cartoonist) rules! Her literary-cartoon calendar for 2013 is a hoot and a half.

bigdaddyd16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdaddyd16

I wear a medium t-shirt. Should i get a small or medium hoodie?

teslagirl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages teslagirl

My daughter is convinced that Tesla's inventions will save/destroy us all!

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
bigdaddyd16 wrote:I wear a medium t-shirt. Should i get a small or medium hoodie?

The men's medium tee is the same size as the small pullover hoodie. That said, I'd probably still get the medium so it would be comfortable over other clothes.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

safyrejet

quality posts: 109 Private Messages safyrejet

What do you mean I can't really make my own Tony Stark-esque exosuit?! In the PhD program for 6 years and now someone finally tells me...Well you just burst my bubble, Woot. Stupid rules of physics. *mutter*

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 30.664s
First Sucker: tyam
Last Wooter to Woot: magickgirl5
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 50% of Shirt Woots
Top 33% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 2782

First day sales 2782
First day posts 51

GTstyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GTstyle

In for a hoodie.

Usually wear men's M in tee's, but went w/ L for the hoodie cause I figured I'd need room to wear over a shirt. Hope it's not too big

Woot
  • Lights & Monkeys
  • 3/1/09 - Recaro
  • 6/19/08 - MS S&T w/GPS
  • 3/28/08 - HP m9040n
  • 7/22/07 - Weather Stat
  • 7/19/07 - Whistler DE1770
  • 7/19/07 - Inverter
  • 7/12/07 - Bundles of Clones/li>
  • 6/25/07 - Nokia 770
    Shirt
  • random = lots
  • 3/22/08 - CDN Periodic Table
  • 1/4/08 - Tag
  • 9/19/07 - Deer By #
  • 8/17/07 - Reality Isn't For Everyone
  • 8/10/07 - Dead Heat
  • 7/23/07 - Sore Thumbs
    Sellout
  • 4/1/08 - IR Thermometer
  • 12/24/07 - Flashlight/Radio
  • 10/12/07 - Desk Caddy

djinn252

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djinn252

I'd love to get the hoodie, but the interface doesn't allow it. I see "Tee" above "Quantity," but "Tee" isn't a dropdown.

Does this mean the hoodies are sold out, and that no further orders are being taken?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
djinn252 wrote:I'd love to get the hoodie, but the interface doesn't allow it. I see "Tee" above "Quantity," but "Tee" isn't a dropdown.

Does this mean the hoodies are sold out, and that no further orders are being taken?

Only available on the first day, sorry!

I'm just hanging out, really.

wolfchik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfchik
inkycatz wrote:Only available on the first day, sorry!

really sad about this cause I didn't know about this design until an hour AFTER the first day.. and I would have LOVED it on a hoodie!

sc90438

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sc90438
gjbloom wrote:It is always appropriate to wear, since Teslans are always ON!

Yeah! Where's the "Wear this shirt/Don't wear this shirt/This shirt tells the world" business? Did you guys stop doing that? It's my favorite part!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

sc90438 wrote:Yeah! Where's the "Wear this shirt/Don't wear this shirt/This shirt tells the world" business? Did you guys stop doing that? It's my favorite part!

Yes, that part has been cast aside. Good news is that Wooters can now provide it and save the hair pulling that was going on in the writer's cage.

kittysoup

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kittysoup
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, that part has been cast aside. Good news is that Wooters can now provide it and save the hair pulling that was going on in the writer's cage.

No, no, you have to go back to doing it! Or at least make a formal announcement and own up to not doing it anymore. You can't just stop cold.

inneedofaspirin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inneedofaspirin
inkycatz wrote:Only available on the first day, sorry!

Will it be possible to order this as a hoodie once print-on-demand is back? I somehow missed seeing this until yesterday and want to get a new hoodie.

Puggles65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Puggles65
mrgrogg wrote:I love the Latin: "Up Yours, Edison!"

Actually, its "Up your Edison"

still cool though

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

Great design and some fun quotes and slogans! Sadly, don't like the "TIT" thing either. It's especially weird given Tesla's strange personal relationships (or lack thereof).

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

supercrackmunkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages supercrackmunkey

Bought one, the sleeve (where it meets the main portion of the shirt) was ripped. Contacted customer support. All I got was an email. /disappoint

fulvia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fulvia
mrgrogg wrote:I love the Latin: "Up Yours, Edison!"

Alas, that Latin is the product of either Google Translator or an inept user with a dictionary. Painfully, atrociously poor Latin. Love Tesla, but I can't order this or wear this with such egregious Latin. Sigh.