My favorite of this week derby.

buzatron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzatron
Re: Flying Squirrel Freight

They are a little nuts....

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Cats Rule

I like this slogan a little better than my first one ("Cats Ruin Stuff"), because this one captures the love/hate duality my wife and I feel with our cats. One moment they're clawing furniture or waking up the baby with screeching meows, and the next they're all cuddly or whatever.

Stupid cats. We love them.

bigblued

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigblued
brindlegreyhound wrote:I want this shirt.

I have an axolotl named Elouise, and she is super freaking awesome.

Elouise the Axolotl would make a great kids cartoon! Can you imagine the stuffed animal version? It would be soooo cute!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Animals are People too!

We treat them as our family... we should finally admit it!

Here's a fun and simple design! Sorry I am bombing this derby with options. Wife is out of town so I'm having fun!

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
edgrrrzzmom wrote:I really don't care for the lettering style. Doesn't seem to go with the design, which I love.

so I should change the lettering?

this slogan thing is killing me.

oakenspirit

writermist wrote:so I should change the lettering?

this slogan thing is killing me.

I likely would... I have the same issue when it comes to picking fonts... There are SO MANY and most of those a chum... Its hard to find that perfect pairing... I normally hit random on fontspace or some similar site until I find one I like.

Also... don't know if you saw my LATE ideas from the other derby thread... ;)

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
Re: Yummy!

Awesome, I really hope this prints My wife and I go for breakfast to Whole Foods almost every weekend with a good friend.. who happens to be vegan. We are not vegan at all and therefore must both wear this just to see the look on his face.

Please print!!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

writermist

oakenspirit wrote:I likely would... I have the same issue when it comes to picking fonts... There are SO MANY and most of those a chum... Its hard to find that perfect pairing... I normally hit random on fontspace or some similar site until I find one I like.

Also... don't know if you saw my LATE ideas from the other derby thread... ;)

That font was one I invented myself.... guess you're right... it doesn't work too well here

how's this ->

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

Love This! voted for it and hope it stays in the fog.

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

Sniperman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sniperman

i like it, but shouldn't bodyguard be plural?

Re: We Are Your Bodyguard

harzack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harzack
Re: Enjoy the journey

Thanks for the tips. The color is "baby blue" but for a little presentation I darkened the edges of the image.

harzack

Re: Who wants to fly?

Thanks! The color is "baby blue" but for a little presentation I darkened the edges of the image.

harzack

phoenix4159 wrote:I like this, but I think it would be funnier if the "height" the snail scaled was something a lot more mundane -- maybe a compost heap. That would make "no matter the destination" make more sense.

By the way I chose that setting because I was inspired by a famous painting."Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer" means The Wanderer Above the Sea of ​​Fog.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Yummy v.2

Just a few minor improvements to those cute, delicious animals. Please vote again!

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey

I'm usually a fan of your work. I agree that the dynamite is a poor choice. This seems to be a symbol of a nation that celebrates wartime and violence, not freedom and justice. In my opinion, it's well done but disrespectful- especially given current events. I wouldn't buy this shirt.

stancial wrote:While the design is clean and well-done, I really dismayed that you chose to replace the olive branches usually held in its right talons with dynamite. You've replaced balance with destruction and violence.

FYI, Ben Franklin's dislike for the use of the eagle is not urban legend, but rather documented in letters.

fishbiscuit5

Thanks for the support on this one! I wasn't happy with the animals so I improved upon them just a wee bit. I hope you can vote again! :D
http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/68401/yummy-v-2

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo

This is just bizarre. I don't understand why you submitted this version when the original is superb and this adds absolutely nothing (and more importantly changes next to nothing, regardless of which version people will start championing in the face of common sense)? Why, possibly, split the vote amidst confusion?

fishbiscuit5

mailmanmo wrote:This is just bizarre. I don't understand why you submitted this version when the original is superb and this adds absolutely nothing (and more importantly changes next to nothing, regardless of which version people will start championing in the face of common sense)? Why, possibly, split the vote amidst confusion?

Because artistically I wasn't satisfied with the first one. I drew these guys a while ago and they were in my sketchbook. I really just wanted to take a minute and fix a few things that were bugging me. I don't want something to print if I'm not happy with it.

mailmanmo

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Because artistically I wasn't satisfied with the first one. I drew these guys a while ago and they were in my sketchbook. I really just wanted to take a minute and fix a few things that were bugging me. I don't want something to print if I'm not happy with it.

Then why aren't you pulling the other one?
Sorry tis the season, to be trolly, troll-oh-lol-loll-lol-lo-lol-loll!
;oP

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka
harantula wrote:so great man!

Thank you very much *u*

fishbiscuit5

mailmanmo wrote:Then why aren't you pulling the other one?
Sorry tis the season, to be trolly, troll-oh-lol-loll-lol-lo-lol-loll!
;oP

lol, that CAN'T be your best troll! ;) The little red x is gone so I can't pull it myself but I did email woot and ask them to do it. That three legged cow is annoying the heck out of me now!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: choking hazard

Owl pellets FTW.

(That owl gent character is hilarious!)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Slow and Steady

Ha! ::nose snort::

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

another one for the derby :D

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
bluetuba wrote:A dam good beaver shirt would make for an awesome Christmas present for your shirt.woot fans! 2 birds with 1 stone!

beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver beaver

I'm working on my beaver. But, it'll probably be a post-Christmas beaver. Maybe everyone will forget about this derby and I can sub it as a daily beaver. I like to say "beaver," even if there's no good innuendo.

writermist

the other one is waaaayyyy better

fuacka

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fuacka

oakenspirit

Re: Point of View

Much cooler!

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Just a few minor improvements to those cute, delicious animals. Please vote again!

+1 from me.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: The Pilot

Joyful, colorful, meaningful
Hope to buy one and refer others to buy at least one, too

fishbiscuit5

flattopfrank wrote:+1 from me.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: Extinction is Forever V.2

Extinct is forever. Extinction is the PROCESS, Extinct is what you are after the process has taken place. I've heard all the arguments for extinction, but extinct makes more sense

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Re: Goats

Switzerland, where men are men, women are scarce, and goats are nervous?

maura44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maura44
Re: The Pilot

This is definitely a test-taking shirt. "Yes, I can pass!" One question though, what color is it on? To me it looks like slate, but that's banned in this derby, so I know that can't be it.

Wow, sarcasm. That's original.

writermist

oakenspirit wrote:Much cooler!

Thank you.

even if i don't win... i got a cute bat to use for a future derby and I can always make my own shirt with this design

plus it was good practice. :D

writermist

Re: Cats Rule

it is funnier

mailmanmo

fishbiscuit5 wrote:lol, that CAN'T be your best troll! ;) The little red x is gone so I can't pull it myself but I did email woot and ask them to do it. That three legged cow is annoying the heck out of me now!

Oh dear god what have I started now?! Don't pull the other one, I want the other one to win, it's so much better than this!
Lol, I'm just teasing, I do hope the other wins honestly. +1 for it.

And ok fine, +1 for this too, he says a-grumblingly, a-grinch-ily... ;op

Best of luck 'n' happy hols!