aztecx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aztecx

There are so many t shirt websites to choose from these days! I was wondering what other woot members think of the new ones that have sprung up. Which ones have the best designs overall. I m not talking about one or a few designs, but a consistence in terms of design quality over hundreds of designs. Is it woot, ript, goodjoe, teefury or any other.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Best is very subjective ...

If you're after pop-culture, then sites like TeeFury, RipT, and Shirt Punch will be more to your liking. If it's artistic, Design by Humans. Variety, then GoodJoe, CaptainKYSO, or the one that started it all, Threadless, will be good bets.

The blanks they all print on vary too ... again, it's subjective.

thebarman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebarman
Narfcake wrote:Best is very subjective ...

If you're after pop-culture, then sites like TeeFury, RipT, and Shirt Punch will be more to your liking. If it's artistic, Design by Humans. Variety, then GoodJoe, CaptainKYSO, or the one that started it all, Threadless, will be good bets.

The blanks they all print on vary too ... again, it's subjective.

Is best really subjective? Or is good design apparent?

Threadless is great, of course! But I'm impressed by the other (non pop culture) ones that you mentioned as well.

Would love to know the hierarchy that members at woot would give them, and other sites that you would have missed...including woot:-)

To keep things unbiased, I d leave out the pop culture tee sites...

Would be fun, I'm sure!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
thebarman wrote:Is best really subjective? Or is good design apparent?

Threadless is great, of course! But I'm impressed by the other (non pop culture) ones that you mentioned as well.

Would love to know the hierarchy that members at woot would give them, and other sites that you would have missed...including woot:-)

Would be fun, I'm sure!

It's 100% subjective.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
aztecx wrote:There are so many t shirt websites to choose from these days! I was wondering what other woot members think of the new ones that have sprung up. Which ones have the best designs overall. I m not talking about one or a few designs, but a consistence in terms of design quality over hundreds of designs. Is it woot, ript, goodjoe, teefury or any other.
thebarman wrote:Is best really subjective? Or is good design apparent?

Would be fun, I'm sure!

Interestingly, both of these posters are white squares, meaning no woot purchases; the original poster has posted numerous CaptainKYSO shirts on deals.woot and nothing else, while the follow-up poster joined today and this is both accounts' first post on this side of the forums.

So I find it interesting that a brand-new wooter, responding to someone linked to CaptainKYSO, thinks it would be "fun" to encourage wooters to post their "unbiased" "hierarchy" of "other shirt shirts" that have "really impressed" the poster. "Unbiased" indeed...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:"Unbiased" indeed...

If the goal of this thread is to try and help make KYSO more shirt.Woot-like ... stop. There's no guarantee for success here - the same genre or artist could sell vastly different amounts on different days. Your success will be found by your own audience making it what it is, of which is defined by the variety of designs that's offered, not by trying to mimic the variety of another's site.

odysseyroc wrote:It's 100% subjective.

Absolutely.

My laundry pile in the past week included artistic, calligram, cats, Christmas, doodles, squirrel, and winter. These are designs I like, but I very well know that others might not ... and on the corollary, there are many designs that other people like that doesn't catch my attention. It's just the way it is.