Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

TRUEfoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TRUEfoe

Meri Kurisumasu!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

This is what happens when the Pink Floyd generation becomes grandparents.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose

Wow, this is so awesome!

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82

Merry Christmas everyone at Shirt.Woot!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All that you stick up your nose

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

hoserelder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hoserelder

"Any Colour You Like"

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit

The art teacher side of my brain says yes...

The Pink Floyd side of my brain says YES...

Why is this not already on my body...

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 89 Private Messages Thirdbase9

If they were angled properly, I would buy this.

I don't know.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Would be better if the colors were at an appropriate angle. Light does not refract on a level plane, which I learned in grade 7.... The original Pink Floyd album cover illustrated this point, is there a reason this shirt doesn't? Besides a lack of a grade school education in addition to a lack of attention to detail?

countdown

Thirdbase9 wrote:If they were angled properly, I would buy this.

This

abatheguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abatheguy

*singing:* Arithmetic is in my head... ♫

lonelypond

quality posts: 418 Private Messages lonelypond

Like the chalk triangle texture...

Also, Merry Christmas shirtwoot!, if you celebrate. If not, save the sentiment for something you do celebrate. Thanks for the company after midnight ; )

kxd2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kxd2000
countdown wrote:This

You guys are such babies. "Angled properly". It's called "childish side of the moon", emphasis on childish. Also, anyone that knows anything will know exactly what this shirt references, and then you can shoot the gift talking about angling with them rather than here. It's crayola floyd, not pink floyd, so i don't think it needs to be much more authentic than it already is

jlandrith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlandrith

Yawn. Bored.

kxd2000 wrote:You guys are such babies. "Angled properly". It's called "childish side of the moon", emphasis on childish. Also, anyone that knows anything will know exactly what this shirt references, and then you can shoot the gift talking about angling with them rather than here. It's crayola floyd, not pink floyd, so i don't think it needs to be much more authentic than it already is

-Jeff

jesuitson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jesuitson

Done. Thanks Woot! They'll be no sorrow for those comfortably numb for Arnold Layne has set the controls for the heart of the sun.

sinsemilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla

The angles not being right is a bit annoying, but what I really cannot get past is that they exchanged colored light with colored pigment. They way those mix together is completely different.

hisserbee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hisserbee
sinsemilla wrote:The angles not being right is a bit annoying, but what I really cannot get past is that they exchanged colored light with colored pigment. They way those mix together is completely different.

This is a nonsensical concept, there's no way for this shirt to exist without conceptually violating physics in some way. Getting upset by something like that is like getting upset that Alice's voice doesn't completely change pitch when she becomes tiny or huge.

fleamarketadict

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fleamarketadict
neuropsychosocial wrote:This is what happens when the Pink Floyd generation becomes grandparents.

And that is exactly why I just ordered two. One for each grandchild. They're not even a year old yet so they'll have to grow in to them, and when pops tells them this was the first cassette tape he ever owned he'll have to explain what a cassette tape is, but it will be a bonding moment.

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

katcast13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katcast13

Love this design...but am I the only one who hates the new tshirt material? Any chance they will go back to American Apparel? The new shirts dont hold form and shape at all.

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
jesuitson wrote:Done. Thanks Woot! They'll be no sorrow for those comfortably numb for Arnold Layne has set the controls for the heart of the sun.

shine on you crazy jesuitson

johngeezer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johngeezer
katcast13 wrote:Love this design...but am I the only one who hates the new tshirt material? Any chance they will go back to American Apparel? The new shirts dont hold form and shape at all.

Agree agree agree AGREE ! ! Why must life have such frustrations ? WHY ? !

bolis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bolis

I too just want to wish my fellow wooters a Merry Christmas. Just got finished stuffing a few woot shirts in stockings!!!!

johngeezer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johngeezer

ShirtWOOT!.... you are making it way too difficult for me to exchange my hard-earned money for your desired goods!! No amount of responsible behavior has limited me to just one grandchild with their two parents! WANTING MORE ...MUST INITIATE CREATIVE CONSUMERISM . . . .

P.S. Merry Christmas !

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

Merry Christmas all!

Crayons don't refract at an angle, but are linearly horizontal in alignment. The shirt creator knew this. It is not a mistake. Wikipedia is your friend.

In for two!

Golddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Golddess
katcast13 wrote:Love this design...but am I the only one who hates the new tshirt material? Any chance they will go back to American Apparel? The new shirts dont hold form and shape at all.

Y'know, I _thought_ it felt like I was wearing a few of my shirts backwards, the collar just didn't feel quite right. Hadn't realized woot had changed shirts. Wonder if that is the reason.

snurfle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snurfle
woottoady wrote:
Crayons don't refract at an angle, but are linearly horizontal in alignment. The shirt creator knew this. It is not a mistake. Wikipedia is your friend.

That.

In for one.

Merry Christmas!

mellobeth66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mellobeth66
woottoady wrote:Merry Christmas all!

In for two!

Well said! Can you say "some where over the rainbow..."

Dandylyon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dandylyon

I am with you on the t-shirt material. Yuck. Ick. Blech. and so forth. Sorry shirtwoot!, but I only buy the ones I've really GOTTA have any more, and fewer of those.

countdown

woottoady wrote:

Crayons do not refract, period. Refraction is a property of waves, which is what the crayons are representing on this shirt. Although I am curious about this wikipedia article you refer to. I was actually on there earlier (almost confused refraction and rarefaction), but didn't catch anything talking about crayons. And again, probably wouldn't explain the lack of accuracy to the original album cover.

piponyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piponyc

I know many gay teachers who'd LOVE this!

Nzyme36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nzyme36
countdown wrote:Crayons do not refract, period. Refraction is a property of waves, which is what the crayons are representing on this shirt. Although I am curious about this wikipedia article you refer to. I was actually on there earlier (almost confused refraction and rarefaction), but didn't catch anything talking about crayons. And again, probably wouldn't explain the lack of accuracy to the original album cover.

Wow dude, being able to detect sarcasm is not a strong suite of yours, is it?

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
piponyc wrote:I know many gay teachers who'd LOVE this!

As a straight, but never narrow, teacher who bought one, would you please write a short paragraph explaining the rationale behind your comment and include at least three reasons why I shouldn't start a thread discussing the inadequacies of your physiology?!?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

kathleen1966

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kathleen1966

how do I get 2 different sizes?

Kathleen

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

kathleen1966 wrote:how do I get 2 different sizes?

When you click on "I want one," you will be redirected to the sale page. Next to "quantity," you choose the number of shirts you want. After this, your page updates and size choice boxes will show up for each shirt that you are ordering (so, for the daily, it will be 1, 2, or 3). Choose the size you want for each shirt. Once done, click the "buy now" button and complete your transaction.

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

I'll never understand why an artist, when riffing on a pop-culture reference this well known would go from their faulty memory rather than taking 3 seconds to do a google search and get the image right.

Maybe there is another reference here that I am missing and I just don't get the shirt; if so, I apologize for my ignorance and criticism. On the other hand, if they just couldn't be bothered to reference the original art, this is inexcusably lazy.

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
davemays123 wrote:I'll never understand why an artist, when riffing on a pop-culture reference this well known would go from their faulty memory rather than taking 3 seconds to do a google search and get the image right.

Maybe there is another reference here that I am missing and I just don't get the shirt; if so, I apologize for my ignorance and criticism. On the other hand, if they just couldn't be bothered to reference the original art, this is inexcusably lazy.

Intellectual property, maybe? I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of the surviving members of Pink Floyd OR HipGnosis.

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo

Yup. Me too. I'd have to explain this one... then take a beating for it not being correct.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 33.001s
First Sucker: JLoose
Last Wooter to Woot: phour20
Last Purchase: 4 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1483

First day sales 1483
First day posts 36

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo
mossygreen wrote:Intellectual property, maybe? I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of the surviving members of Pink Floyd OR HipGnosis.

Refraction and the dispersion of light when passing through a prism is not intellectual property. It's scientific principles and unless either artist above was theorizing a change to this principle, it can't be copyrighted.