bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

One day too late.

that was fun while it lasted!

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

"
Random chaos.

Who knows what this is? Maybe it's not even a shirt. Maybe it's a snake.

Yeah, that's right. One of you is getting a venomous snake instead of a shirt. Who's it gonna be? We're not telling. Is it a DEADLY snake? We're not tellin'. We'll leave it to the victim to post the results in the forums. So enjoy pressin' that order button, suckers. You might just be signing your own deathwish."

No way, really? I'd totally buy some if that was true! In fact, I'd make a ton of extra accounts and fake addresses for them to ship to just to get that awesome snake!

Can I just get the snake instead?

mysteryegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysteryegg
draigun wrote:The golden rule: Always buy three.

Why? It's free shipping now... buy as many or as few as you feel like.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

Last time was my first randoms, with great success. Always buy 3, and use the trade thread for the ones you don't want!

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212

In for 3, even though on the last one i got 3 shirts that were so bad I gave them away as secret santa gifts, and I gift you not one was re gifted to me.

I woot you

Furhoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Furhoo
Stexe wrote:"
Can I just get the snake instead?

I want the snake too, please.

@chefmongoose

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

Christmas Randoms!!! YEah!

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212
mike11212 wrote:In for 3, even though on the last one i got 3 shirts that were so bad I gave them away as secret santa gifts, and I gift you not one was re gifted to me.

woot censored my post the 2nd gift is not actually the word gift.

I woot you

outofmymind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages outofmymind

Had decent luck last time, saddly with Xmas just ending didn't want to spend the money on 3. If it is really horrible I could always turn it inside out and use it for a work shirt though!

kid386

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kid386

I always buy 3 but now that woot is collecting sales tax in CA and for the past few times the shirts i've receive are shirts I've never seen on woot I'm less inclined to purchase them.

But hey it's the new year almost and the world didn't end, so what the hell right.

Johnnya475

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Johnnya475

I give out bottles of wine with my Christmas Card attached, as well as a grab bag gift. I have been adding woot! random tees to that bag for the past few years, and people love them.

11/14/08 3 Kingston 2gb SD Cards | 10/23/08 3 Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape | 10/23/08 3 Bacon Salt - 4 Pack | 10/23/08 3 Random Crap | 10/22/08 3 Monster USB Cable | 10/22/08 1 iRobot Roomba 418 | 9/24/08 1 Targus Wireless Notebook Bundle | 9/15/08 1 iRobot Roomba 418 | 8/20/08 1 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB | 7/29/08 3 Kingston 2GB Micro SD Card | 6/20/08 3 Mighty Kite Mini-Kite | 6/20/08 1 Razer m100 Pro|Solutions Protone Earphones | 5/2/28 1 Reebok Precision Trainer XT Heart Rate Monitor

renglish02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages renglish02

Yay! I've only caught one random before, WAY back when, and snagged 3. Had to grab three again Haven't been buying shirts AS much lately, so I'm hoping for some good ones

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun
mysteryegg wrote:Why? It's free shipping now... buy as many or as few as you feel like.

For $6.66 each, why not? Maximize your chances of getting a shirt you will love, and save the others for gifting/Goodwill/etc. I usually end up just donating my extras, but I've gotten quite a few keepers at this point.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77
mysteryegg wrote:Why? It's free shipping now... buy as many or as few as you feel like.

Buying 3 greatly increases your chances of getting a shirt you really like, and likely decreases your chance of getting something deadly instead. Woot wouldn't want to get rid of the big spenders.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

Trip down memory lane... when the Random Shirt Shirt was first introduced...

Here is the blog.

Here is a thread.

and... HERE is the Permalink. Too bad they are not selling it during this Random Shirt day...

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Obligatory!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mike11212 wrote:woot censored my post the 2nd gift is not actually the word gift.

Then you need to watch your language!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cappo

quality posts: 31 Private Messages cappo

My first three was like hitting the jackpot, all three shirts were shirts I loved.

Every order since then has been complete FAIL, I've never gotten another shirt I would wear since. (I have 11 shirts I don't like now, I managed to trade one.)

3 good ones out of 12 comes to 26.64 per shirt I like... plus shipping for some of them.

And now that you can just buy almost any shirt you want from the back catalog, I'll pass.

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
cappo wrote:My first three was like hitting the jackpot, all three shirts were shirts I loved.

Every order since then has been complete FAIL, I've never gotten another shirt I would wear since. (I have 11 shirts I don't like now, I managed to trade one.)

And now that you can just buy almost any shirt you want from the back catalog, I'll pass.

Yes but the shirt you buy directly from the back catalog is just a shirt. The random shirt could be anything... it could be a shirt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CuK18CZOG4

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

lulzzles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lulzzles

In for 3! Hope that, like the first set of random shirts I ordered, they are fantastic! Not like the last set I ordered... Hahaha. Hope you all had happy holidays!

cappo

Lassik wrote:Yes but the shirt you buy directly from the back catalog is just a shirt. The random shirt could be anything... it could be a shirt!

Could be!

todmacher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages todmacher

In for 3. I just have to wonder what my odds of ending up with Christmas shirts are now that the season's over..

corysterrett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages corysterrett

Does not support USB 3.0. Deal breaker for me.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

When you receive your Random Shirts, head over to the trading thread where someone is drooling over your poor unwanted shirt. (Another option is TeeTrade.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

flyngdthmnkys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flyngdthmnkys
mike11212 wrote:woot censored my post the 2nd gift is not actually the word gift.

Here I was thinking you were being clever.

-Melissa

oakenspirit

quality posts: 74 Private Messages oakenspirit

The true fate of all of the monkey apocalypse shirts!

dreamofcaramel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel

My very first woot was a three shirt random shirt buy, two of which led to other shirt purchases by the same artists. Trying three more, luck be a lady (shirt) tonight!

0x776F6F7421

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 0x776F6F7421

Well, sure, if you can't even spell "shirt", then filters are gonna happen.

NuclearShadow

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NuclearShadow

If I were to buy 3 in one order, do they at-least make sure not to send the same shirt more than once?

cappo

NuclearShadow wrote:If I were to buy 3 in one order, do they at-least make sure not to send the same shirt more than once?

I believe that while not impossible, it is highly unlikely.

Out of 15 randoms, I've never gotten a double.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
NuclearShadow wrote:If I were to buy 3 in one order, do they at-least make sure not to send the same shirt more than once?

If you buy three shirts in one order and they're all the same size, you will get three different shirts.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich
0x776F6F7421 wrote:Well, sure, if you can't even spell "shirt", then filters are gonna happen.

Outstanding reply!

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 86 Private Messages Thirdbase9

It's kind of gift. No wait, because you don't give one, but you do take one.

I don't know.

vernhart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vernhart

Yay! My tenth random shirt. And I always go in for three. That means I've now bought thirty shirts from woot without even knowing what I'm buying... it's like Christmas again!

hvac1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hvac1000
cappo wrote:My first three was like hitting the jackpot, all three shirts were shirts I loved.

3 good ones out of 12 comes to 26.64 per shirt I like... plus shipping for some of them.

Seems like they know how to suck you into buying. Give the good ones first then pump out the old Crap "O" La. I tempted to go three on this deal just for the heck of it.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I measure the happiness of a given year by the awesomeness of the Random Shirt Deal!

wmaincmt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt

In for three. My last random was a mixed bag. Loved one, liked one, and the third I'm still trying to figure out. It was a robot lifting a cat like weights weaing a "I love Cats" muscle shirt. This of course made me laugh and I still get it out just to look at but won't ever wear it and NO ONE will trade it.

It's like whoa!