WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Shirt.Woot’s 2012 was:
  • 15.1% - The best yet! 130
  • 9.4% - The worst yet! 81
  • 75.5% - A year of ups and downs. 651
862 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

molecularpynkie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages molecularpynkie

I have to say that i am rather disappointed in Shirt Woot this year. Over my Woot life i have bought approximately 25-30 shirts, in the year of 2012 i bought 3... and of those 3... 1 of them was a shirt that i bought the year before and ended up with the dog eating the armpit out and got lucky enough to see it as a bring back shirt. so on the whole im saddened at the recent selection.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

The worst part was switching to foreign made blanks, AND jacking the prices, and still not giving Texans a tax break. Meh.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

During 2012, shirt.woot endured:
- first day price increase from $10 to $12
- launch of side sale/Woot Plus sales
- transition from AA to Anvil blanks
- website redesign and relaunch
- new Derby rules
- DTG
- launch of back catalog, changing the meaning of the "Reckoning" and increasing opportunities for artists to earn commissions
- expansion of items offered from only t-shirts to long sleeve ts, hoodies (three types), posters, mugs, ipad sleeves, aprons, unisex tanks, women's tanks, mugs, greeting cards, and totes. (But not pants: woot shirts are not for use as pants.)

And that's not including events that were not deliberately planned by shirt.woot staff, such as the Wreckonings (Part I, II, and III); RamyB no longer being a Derby regular; shirt.woot functioning as a dating site; RoyalBlueBlankGate2012, the end of both PatrickPens' streak and RamyB's streak, and so on.

But 365 days ago, shirt.woot was selling The Binge, Nevermore, Unstealthiest Ninja I and Unstealthiest Ninja II. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

Not thrilled about the new necks on the shirts. Otherwise, mostly improvements. I like the fit of the Anvils better than the AA, though AA were a bit softer. LOVE the side sale and product expansion, even if I rarely go for it.

That super huge random shirt.woot event was awesome.

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17
molecularpynkie wrote:I have to say that i am rather disappointed in Shirt Woot this year. Over my Woot life i have bought approximately 25-30 shirts, in the year of 2012 i bought 3... and of those 3... 1 of them was a shirt that i bought the year before and ended up with the dog eating the armpit out and got lucky enough to see it as a bring back shirt. so on the whole im saddened at the recent selection.

I'm with you on that.Don't know what's changed,but haven't bought a shirt in at least 6 months.Here's hoping for the future.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
dave17 wrote:I'm with you on that.Don't know what's changed,but haven't bought a shirt in at least 6 months.Here's hoping for the future.

All of the goofy shirt ideas have been done.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
RWoodward wrote:All of the goofy shirt ideas have been done.

no they haven't. woot's voters are locked in to a certain style, and they have caved to it in the dailies and the editor's choices as well.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
Josephus wrote:no they haven't. woot's voters are locked in to a certain style, and they have caved to it in the dailies and the editor's choices as well.

It was sarcasm.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
RWoodward wrote:It was sarcasm.

mine was frustration.