WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time once again for you to take a load off, t-shirt designers. This week we're going to dip into memory lane and drudge up all our recent Honorable Mentions for another go-round in voting to see who, once and for all, rises to the top.

Designers: if in the meantime you've opted out of including your design in the Double-Take Derby, or sold/submitted your Honorable Mention design somewhere else, email us at shirt@woot.com by noon (central) tomorrow and let us know. Any design found submitted for voting on another site, sold on another site, or for sale on another site will not be eligible for the Double-Take Derby and will be removed from consideration. Because we're jealous like that.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

Yay! Double-Take!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Yay! Excellent timing!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

We're looking at getting the following derbies in this double-take:

"Derby #266: Single Line" through "Derby #280: Gamer Lifestyle" (minus "Derby #267: Double-Take Derby 18".)

We'll include 281+ in the next DT. We wanted to have this one earlier but the Ed. Choice week and Mentions of Honor sale would have really messed with the holidays, so we pushed it back a bit. Hope you all had a great vacation!

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
walmazan wrote:Yay! Excellent timing!

Our teamup is in this one my friend!!

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Hooraaay. I have two (both third place vote getterers coincidentally):

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

Here's everything I have in this double take.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Hooray! Thanks for the break, Travis! I have three this time, one with kevlar51. Happy New Year, everyone!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

I have three, yey!

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Cool! I have 4 this time...

stickililli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stickililli
qetza wrote:Cool! I have 4 this time...

Ooh! I hope I can get your coffee shirt in this one!! I was soooo disappointed last time when it didn't print. :-) All of your designs are GREAT!

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc

Any chance we'll get a head start/hint on next week's Derby theme?

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Wow! This is gonna be a really awesome double take!! So many great designs :D I think I have 5 for the occasion! :D Good luck to everyone!!:D

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
lyonscc wrote:Any chance we'll get a head start/hint on next week's Derby theme?

Yes please? I got a new wacom tablet for christmas and want to try it out! (#stupidgraphire4notworkingwithwindows7)

Not that a new tablet will make me a good designer, but STILL... ;)

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
runnerfrog13 wrote:Not that a new tablet will make me a good designer, but STILL... ;)

It certainly can't hurt!

I'm just hanging out, really.

lyonscc

runnerfrog13 wrote:Yes please? I got a new wacom tablet for christmas and want to try it out! (#stupidgraphire4notworkingwithwindows7)

Not that a new tablet will make me a good designer, but STILL... ;)

My thoughts exactly - Mrs. Lyonscc got me a Wacom Bamboo for Christmas and I'm hoping to try it out, as well (not that it will suddenly make me a good designer, either...)

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
walmazan wrote:Yay! Excellent timing!

No kidding! I'm waaay to lazy with holiday food-coma syndrome to do anything. Thanks, woot guys!

gruffbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gruffbear

So, no voting this week? Nothing is showing up on the derby page except the derby description and the share icons.

tgentry

Staff

Wow, come on guys, submit those print-ready files!: derby@woot.com

If you're in the fog, or want to be considered for an editor's pick or the Mentions of Honor sale... SEND US THE PRINT ART!

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51
tgentry wrote:Wow, come on guys, submit those print-ready files!: derby@woot.com

If you're in the fog, or want to be considered for an editor's pick or the Mentions of Honor sale... SEND US THE PRINT ART!

When the double take rolls around, should we re-send all the print ready files right away?

lyonscc

tgentry wrote:Wow, come on guys, submit those print-ready files!: derby@woot.com

Sorry. I didn't see anywhere in the instructions that we had to re-submit print art if we'd already submitted it during the original derby.

Is this always the case?!?

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
lyonscc wrote:Sorry. I didn't see anywhere in the instructions that we had to re-submit print art if we'd already submitted it during the original derby.

Usually it's more a case of artists only sending in print-ready files if they think they're in contention, rather than when the design is submitted like woot has asked us to do.
It appears Travis is prompting those in line for a print who have not sent the file in yet. He's not about to start e-mailing artists directly and spoiling the surprise.
That reminds me, one of my designs is sitting around last place. I better check that the print-ready file has been sent in.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
lyonscc wrote:Sorry. I didn't see anywhere in the instructions that we had to re-submit print art if we'd already submitted it during the original derby.

I've had one editor's choice and a handful of honorable mention side sale designs. I've never had to "resend" art as I just submit it during the derby in question. I'm assuming if you sent it already you should be good. That said, I'll still shoot an e-mail off when I get home tonight now that I am good and paranoid.

EDIT: Derp.

tgentry

Staff

If you already sent the art during the original derby, you should be good. Many of the designs in this DT were never sent to us, hence my desperate plea.