mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Back in 2006 I built a Desktop that was fast, AMD 64, SLI connecting a couple of video cards, the machine just screamed. As time went on, I had my share of laptops but my desktop was old reliable. It took a pretty good hit from a lighting storm that took it out and I spent some time while recovering from surgery to replace all the capacitors, recover data and it get it back to working condition.

Well, as time went on, the computer began to show its limitations with some of the new Video Editing software and games that I spent time on, but it went through many Woots, got a couple Bags of Cheer, got me my mail and let me surf.

Last week it just died, tried to bring it back up and it came up for a few seconds and died again. I dove into the guts to discover that the Heat Sink on the old processor was loose and that burning smell indicated that it was finally done for and needed to be put out of its misery. The USB ports seemed to look at me gratefully as the machine knew it had drawn its last CPU cycle.

Well, I found a computer with an I5 processor and is sleek, running Windows 8 and is blazing fast but I miss my old computer. I feel like my dog died. I am sure some people will scream MAC and while I like Mac's and have a couple, they didn’t have the personality of my old desktop.

This is my tribute. May it rest in peace (or Pieces).

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Maybe it is in computer heaven with other loved 2006 computers, getting all the crap they desire.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mdrcoast wrote:Back in 2006 I built a Desktop that was fast, AMD 64, SLI connecting a couple of video cards, the machine just screamed. As time went on, I had my share of laptops but my desktop was old reliable. It took a pretty good hit from a lighting storm that took it out and I spent some time while recovering from surgery to replace all the capacitors, recover data and it get it back to working condition.

Well, as time went on, the computer began to show its limitations with some of the new Video Editing software and games that I spent time on, but it went through many Woots, got a couple Bags of Cheer, got me my mail and let me surf.

Last week it just died, tried to bring it back up and it came up for a few seconds and died again. I dove into the guts to discover that the Heat Sink on the old processor was loose and that burning smell indicated that it was finally done for and needed to be put out of its misery. The USB ports seemed to look at me gratefully as the machine knew it had drawn its last CPU cycle.

Well, I found a computer with an I5 processor and is sleek, running Windows 8 and is blazing fast but I miss my old computer. I feel like my dog died. I am sure some people will scream MAC and while I like Mac's and have a couple, they didn’t have the personality of my old desktop.

This is my tribute. May it rest in peace (or Pieces).

Ahh but now you can make all new shopping memories! Grats on your new machine!

I'm just hanging out, really.

mdrcoast

It is somewhat of a bittersweet memory that the last purchase made on that machine were the good monkeys that had just returned.....

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

mdrcoast wrote:It is somewhat of a bittersweet memory that the last purchase made on that machine were the good monkeys that had just returned.....

At least it went down on a high note.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mdrcoast wrote:It is somewhat of a bittersweet memory that the last purchase made on that machine were the good monkeys that had just returned.....

Sorry for your loss. Maybe you should have allowed yourself some time to grieve before jumping into a replacement?

Still, I hope you and your new personal computing device have a long and productive relationship.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mdrcoast

ThunderThighs wrote:Still, I hope you and your new personal computing device have a long and productive relationship.

C'mon TT! Now you are just making it sound weird. (But my wife would agree with you.)

And thank you!