Staff

Poll: I’m least likely to wear a shirt if it features:
  • 31.6% - a sports team’s logo. 347
  • 13.9% - a band’s name. 153
  • 32.2% - a company’s logo. 354
  • 17.7% - no design at all. 195
  • 4.5% - something not listed here that I’ll lament in the comments. 50
1099 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bluejester

quality posts: 556 Private Messages bluejester

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

All of the above. XD

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

ardubu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ardubu

No highly vulgar swear words!
If it is implied, then that's OK.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I only wear plain t-shirts.

If a company or person wants me to advertise something on my chest, they can pay me.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

anvil tags

that was fun while it lasted!

pagv0098

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pagv0098

These results are a shock to me. So many sports haters? I cant believe given your local team or a shirt that says a company name (POLO, AEROPOSTALE, or A&E) so many would pass on the sports team. You know you are paying them to advertise for them, right?

jbenjimin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jbenjimin

Plain t-shirts are for around the house.

The only sports teams I won't wear are the local nfl team (if you want to call them a team) and the baseball teams from the city that thinks it's the center of the Universe New York city.

I proudly wear shirts in support of the local Indoor Lacrosse team or any lesser known sport for that matter.

Going to be moving within the month to a city with only a soccer team so I guess I am going to have to learn to love them.

Sheena3745

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Sheena3745

Something geeky or fandom-related.

solarhands

quality posts: 2 Private Messages solarhands

I chose company name, but let me clarify. I mean specifically T-shirt company names. I have no problem with a guy who loves his motorcycle wearing a shirt that says "Harley Davidson" or whatever else like that. People who wear these shirts that say "Ed Hardy", "D&G", or "Affliction", these people are the scum of the Earth. That said, if they wear shirts produced by said companies without a giant brand stamp front and center, I don't care. (But then they don't, do they?)

geekgirl717

quality posts: 1 Private Messages geekgirl717

Something blatantly vulgar.
If it's cleverly disguised so that you need a small bit of imagination or intelligence to figure it out, I'm game, but nothing deliberately raunchy.

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

... a tag saying "Anvil".

chier01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chier01

SCIENCE!

I could also go for company shirts if the company is OCP (Robocop), Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems (Buckaroo Banzai), or ENCOM (Tron). You get the idea.

gtg187y

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gtg187y

Cats

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

My favorite tee-shirt has a bear with deer antlers & the word 'beer' below it. Why? Because I'm cool like that.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Where is the "cute animals" option?

move along

merd919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merd919

I said company logo because of the whole paying-them-to-advertise-for-them thing. I would only wear a company logo if I worked for the company, it was a small business owned by a friend, or if it was Weyland Corporation.

walkaj12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages walkaj12

Fish or flowers....apparently down in Polk County women love men in fish shirts....I disagree

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

Redneckery (fish, tractors, camo); The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 baggery (Ed Hardy, Affliction); "Christian" versioning (Well known logo or slogan with words changed to be "Christian". I love Jesus, and I don't think he would ever be caught associating with that crap.)

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

I said sports because I really don't like sports stuff. Close behind though are the company logos. I don't wear something simply because it's a specific brand. I don't give a rats...*ahem*. BUT, I will wear something that I like the look of and - most importantly - the comfort of even if it blatantly advertises. I've always worn the generic type hoodies from walmart that have no logos on them. Recently though, Aeropostale had a big sale on hoodies for $12 each and they are far warmer than the walmart ones for $10-$15 AND they don't shrink into weird shapes like the walmart ones. So, I now have a closet of Aeropostale hoodies because they are comfy. They could say "I'm a The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" (which, in a way, I suppose they do) and I wouldn't care. I'm warm and snuggly. Haven't been this happy with a hoodie since B.U.M. brand when I was a kid! Oversized and cuddly!

jjkehoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjkehoe
j5 wrote:Where is the "cute animals" option?

I was looking for that one, too!

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

profanity

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

printed on an Anvil blank!