Thirdbase9

quality posts: 93 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: The Mehs -- The 'Whatever' Tour

I might vote for this.

I don't know.

smith82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smith82

please make this shirt! it's sooo awesome!

Re: Schrodinger's Cat: Live! (and Dead)

tfox1991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tfox1991
Re: Anima 2.0

I think it's mostly the very similar to disney looking donald duck parody and pluto parody. And Mickey Mouse is known for his ears which are there.

tfox1991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tfox1991
Re: hermann and the little creatures

I love this! I like how they make a face on the shirt. I didn't notice it at first but it's a clever touch.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
writermist wrote:So if i drew a mouse and a bunny sitting together. No red, no blue, no clothes... Disney will still sue?

*sigh*

I think it's the ears on your not-Mickey that kill it, if we were talking about any other IP owner. Pretty much everything about Mickey Mouse is protected. Look through this: Mickey Mouse Clubbed and Air Pirates. That was clear parody, and still attacked and eventually pulled.

Since Oswald has been brought back in the video games, I can't see him being any less protected than Mickey.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Mavyn wrote:I think it's the ears on your not-Mickey that kill it, if we were talking about any other IP owner. Pretty much everything about Mickey Mouse is protected. Look through this: Mickey Mouse Clubbed and Air Pirates. That was clear parody, and still attacked and eventually pulled.

Since Oswald has been brought back in the video games, I can't see him being any less protected than Mickey.

The ears? Not even the ears match Mickey. Mickey has two full circles... I ended up using my own way of drawing mouse ears. I always drew them round.

I wish companies like Disney would just make a sort of deal like... half of the $ goes to them or something.

At this rate... the world will never see any nice shirts with both the rabbit and the mouse together.

There's gotta be a loophole.

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM
Re: Sublemon

So I thought, what the heck's a sublemon? And I found it's an actual tribute band. http://www.tributetosublime.com/

ClaudiaM

Re: Odysseus and the Odd at Sea

I like the overall idea, but Athena, the Beard of Zeus? Disturbing.

ClaudiaM

Re: Bigfoot Banjo Ballet

The old-timey font and decorations are great.

ClaudiaM

xiaobaosg wrote:This band is inspired by The Town Musicians of Bremen ,a folktale recorded by the Brothers Grimm.
Hope you like :D

Why is it Breman in the artwork?

I am easily confused.

roserael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roserael
Re: The Inconceivables

I almost wish you had use "I don't think that word means what you think it means".. but I love it!

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
robertwooddellweaver wrote:Why does the drummer get top billing? Isn't the name player usually the lead guitar?

Yea, usually!, but the serotonin start the band, plus he write the songs, and is very happy doing it!

amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo
superdooodle wrote:i have one problem, Hagrid should be holding an umbrella not a wand. would definitely buy but an umbrella would make it all the more better

While I agree I can also see how the artist was trying to go for the drumstick/magic wand correlation. I'm trying to picture him playing the drums with an umbrella.

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Athlete's Foot ( uncensored version)

I really want to buy this one for my runner friends! Why isn't this getting more votes?

voolan1180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voolan1180
Re: Flux Redux

I definitely like this font, but I miss the tour dates--I thought they were very clever!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
voolan1180 wrote:I definitely like this font, but I miss the tour dates--I thought they were very clever!

I agree, but we thought the dates worked better on the back of a shirt. On the front, we thought it needed to be simpler. C'est la vie!

voolan1180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voolan1180
Re: The S'mores

This is funny! Nicely Done!

dexiross

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dexiross
Re: Buzzsaw Concerto

Bloody good detail. GMV

ksw1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksw1

I love the font on this shirt!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
orabbit wrote:I agree, but we thought the dates worked better on the back of a shirt. On the front, we thought it needed to be simpler. C'est la vie!

Wonder if we could talk woot into crafting this into a front/back design?

;)

rosekirby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosekirby
Re: The S'mores

I think this is kinda genius.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Bigfoot Banjo Ballet

Great band name. I picture their sound as a crazier version of Trampled By Turtles.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
ClaudiaM wrote:I like the overall idea, but Athena, the Beard of Zeus? Disturbing.

The Beard of Zeus will rock you like a hurricane... and then plummet your trireme into the briny depths. I find this no more disturbing than anything Scandinavian metal has given us.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know, all the greek gods mentioned made an appearance in the original story. I seem to remember that Athena liked to show up, spout a sentence or two and then turn into a duck. And no one ever seemed to find this weird.

EDIT: mwah. I get it. Grammar. mwah.

chrispen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrispen
Re: Tesla and the Transformers

Please tell me that you are reworking this, because I really want this shirt or one that is similar to it!

lepgeck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lepgeck
Re: Rise & Shine

I LOVE THIS.....Seriously :P

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
robertwooddellweaver wrote:Why does the drummer get top billing? Isn't the name player usually the lead guitar?

Van Halen is named after the Drummer!

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107

[quote postid="5304413" user="oakenspirit"]... I dub us OakenRabbit....

Or maybe OkraBit? (My Louisiana heritage provides a fond spot for gumbo-thickening ingredients.)

felixjames1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages felixjames1

Thanks! I was inspired by the '90s song "unbelievable" by EMF. Ha!

seaturtle wrote:Sweet design! Totally right on with all that is Emo! Total groupie I am of this band!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
bigfoot1107 wrote:[quote postid="5304413" user="oakenspirit"]... I dub us OakenRabbit....

Or maybe OkraBit? (My Louisiana heritage provides a fond spot for gumbo-thickening ingredients.)

Hey, rolls off the tongue better and I can always get behind some gumbo references,,,

sflaker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sflaker
Re: Machiavelli and The Prince Revolution

Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!! looks GREAT, so smart too!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Odysseus and the Odd at Sea

Yeeeeeeahhhh!!!! *plays air guitar* \m/

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

blhilger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blhilger
Re: Davy and the Crock-ettes

I absolutely love this.

daletheskater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daletheskater
lepgeck wrote:I LOVE THIS.....Seriously :P

Thanks mate! :D

moosabman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman

Just as their name would suggest, Davy and the Crock-ettes were just as misunderstood as the frontier hero they were christened by. Were they a folk band of misfits? A crew to cause an ol' country hoe-down. If they are a girl band, who is Davy? Well the girls are setting out on an adventure west to set the record straight. All across the modern civilized world. That's right, all the way from Tennessee to Texas. They aren't a folk band, or a country band, or a girl band. They are Davy and the Crock-ettes.

4 colors on Creme/silver/gray/white shirt.

moosabman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
blhilger wrote:I absolutely love this.

Thanks!

posthuman2501

quality posts: 0 Private Messages posthuman2501
smith82 wrote:please make this shirt! it's sooo awesome!

Thank you very much.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
bluetuba wrote:Yeeeeeeahhhh!!!! *plays air guitar* \m/

Air lyres are also acceptable.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
tfox1991 wrote:I love this! I like how they make a face on the shirt. I didn't notice it at first but it's a clever touch.

thanks a lot.Yes that was the hardest point a face that could be noticed after a while but not so obvious

6amcrisis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis
chrispen wrote:Please tell me that you are reworking this, because I really want this shirt or one that is similar to it!

Thanks chrispen - definitely going to rework it, but not in time to resub for this derby unfortunately. Client deadlines must come first. Don't know where it will go, but if you join me at fb.com/vincent.carrozza you can find out when I do. And thanks, I appreciate your comment. Getting rejected was a bummer man.
Vincent

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Love the style, very 1920's-esque

GMV+1