ndevries1981

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndevries1981

Hey everyone,

So I joined woot.com mid 2010 and a majority of my purchases have been shirts, totaling over 50 with most being random. I got really excited over the random shirt days, prospects of what to get, it's like playing the lottery but you know you're going to win. Even if you lose by getting designs you don't like, you get shirts to do what you will with. I always felt a thrill when they came up. After the switch from AA to Anvil and then the big 'random shirt, hoodie, long-sleeve t, etc' sale where I purchased 3 pull over hoodies (and liked all 3), the prospect of random shirts started to become lackluster. They lacked…luster. I don’t know if it was the designs I wasn’t digging or the quality of the shirts or the additional spreading of the ‘woot’ brand to other sites (garage.woot, outdoor.woot, and automotive.woot I would imagine be coming soon) but I haven’t participated in a random in a while (in fact, my random hoodies was the last purchase).

I really love the trading of shirts. Here’s a site where you can get one shirt a day, designs go away, and you could get missed prints in a random roulette if you will. If you got something you didn’t want, you could possibly find someone to trade for it. Then shirt.woot opened up ‘all designs’. Not much enjoyment for me to do a random buy now, yes the shirts are 1/3 of the price on a random day but it seems that some of the excitement has been taken out of it for me... When ‘all designs’ is up and running I could just pick and choose a shirt from whenever since…I can. I guess what I’m saying is that I personally feel that the ‘all designs’ was just some more icing on the cake cheapening the shirt.woot experience for me. Does anyone else feel this way or should I just, I don’t know, go outside more?

Oh, by the way, nothing but love for the moderators and hard working people over at woot.com, you guys bust your tail to work with what’s given to you, and is noted and appreciated.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak
ndevries1981 wrote:Hey everyone,

So I joined woot.com mid 2010 and a majority of my purchases have been shirts, totaling over 50 with most being random. I got really excited over the random shirt days, prospects of what to get, it's like playing the lottery but you know you're going to win. Even if you lose by getting designs you don't like, you get shirts to do what you will with. I always felt a thrill when they came up. After the switch from AA to Anvil and then the big 'random shirt, hoodie, long-sleeve t, etc' sale where I purchased 3 pull over hoodies (and liked all 3), the prospect of random shirts started to become lackluster. They lacked…luster. I don’t know if it was the designs I wasn’t digging or the quality of the shirts or the additional spreading of the ‘woot’ brand to other sites (garage.woot, outdoor.woot, and automotive.woot I would imagine be coming soon) but I haven’t participated in a random in a while (in fact, my random hoodies was the last purchase).

I really love the trading of shirts. Here’s a site where you can get one shirt a day, designs go away, and you could get missed prints in a random roulette if you will. If you got something you didn’t want, you could possibly find someone to trade for it. Then shirt.woot opened up ‘all designs’. Not much enjoyment for me to do a random buy now, yes the shirts are 1/3 of the price on a random day but it seems that some of the excitement has been taken out of it for me... When ‘all designs’ is up and running I could just pick and choose a shirt from whenever since…I can. I guess what I’m saying is that I personally feel that the ‘all designs’ was just some more icing on the cake cheapening the shirt.woot experience for me. Does anyone else feel this way or should I just, I don’t know, go outside more?

Oh, by the way, nothing but love for the moderators and hard working people over at woot.com, you guys bust your tail to work with what’s given to you, and is noted and appreciated.

Its the Anvil shirts that killed it for me...

abrahamz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrahamz
gsedlak wrote:Its the Anvil shirts that killed it for me...

+1

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I bought the Random shirt once. Got three designs I didn't really like, since if I like a shirt--I buy it. The discount didn't make up for having shirts I didn't want.

So...no. Having everything available means there are a few shirts that I missed that I can now get, but not much else.

I do like the added blank options--long sleeve tees are great.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

lyan32cat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyan32cat

I love the fact that I can go back and buy a shirt! I was on the road a LOT last year, staying in nasty hotels and working 60-70 hours a week, and I missed so many designs I really wanted to buy--now I can, and have, and it works better for me than the random shirts.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

I, too, love that I can buy from the back catalog. I have a list of old shirts from which I am going to reward myself when the catalog reopens. (And when I do something I deserve a reward for, haha). Haven't done random shirts in a while, altho I enjoy trading.

Love the side deals too. Crazy about the long sleeves & hoodies. Bought several totes & aprons too.

dreamofcaramel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel

My first woot ever was a random haul and I'd read the forum beforehand so I knew going in of "the rule of three". The result was two shirts I like (which lead to other purchases by the same artists) and one I didn't like (which I eventually traded for what ended up being my favorite woot shirt.)

I've done the random 3 once since and again results in two I like + one I don't (which was gifted to a friend it was perfect for.) I can't say I'm going to go for the random *every* time - especially since I have a lot of woot shirts now, but when it feels right and I have extra spending money then I might.

nowimgone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nowimgone

I have bought 14 random things over the last year and I have traded 6 of them. I love random sales. They are fun. Even if I don't get a shirt I like I can trade it for one I do. Or put it in the drawer of shirts that no one seems to want. I am waiting on the randoms I ordered today to show up.