WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Winter Wondershirts!

It's dark and cold and miserable outside, so why the heck are you wearing a palm tree on your shirt? Get yourself some sweet winter-themed designs on hoodies, long-sleeved shirts, totes, and tees! Just be sure to layer up. It's cold out there.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Short-sleeve shirts to keep you warm.... Wait, that's not right.

What's your fave?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Khione on a poster would be super! Thanks.

that was fun while it lasted!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Oh hey! I just noted how much I'd love to see Nose Thief reoffered!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

Love the totes, except they're not suitable for commuting with a laptop.

Any chance Woot will rethink their tote supplier and offer a slightly larger one made with good quality canvas, a shoulder strap, zipped pocket inside and a key chain hook?

... I can dream right?

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

I bought the 'All Is Calm' tee back on 12/22/2007, when it placed second in the winter derby. Glad to see it offered again! This time around there are both long sleeve (USA!) and short sleeve (Honduras/Nicaragua) versions.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
ThunderThighs wrote:Short-sleeve shirts to keep you warm.... Wait, that's not right.

What's your fave?

My favorite shirt is khione, but I already own both long and short sleeved versions so I'll get Last Flight Home long-sleeved this time.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

For those who are unaware, the artist of "Imposter," reprinting in this Woot Plus sale as a hoodie and a tote was caught plagiarizing another artist's work and hasn't had a first-time print at woot since, although they've reprinted several of her designs in Woot Plus sales since. This thread, with the story starting with this post, follows the discovery that "World Nom-ination" was plagiarized and subsequently pulled from publication. (This is the first response from the actual artist, Keevs; also, please note that tgentry posted one of the first responses; at the time, he wasn't yet a staff member, but his posts show up with the "staff" designation because he's staff now - but those weren't official responses.)

I am posting because I believe that each wooter should be able to make an informed decision about whether to buy the artist's reprints since she earns $2 for each purchase. When I first discovered woot, I didn't know the history and I happily purchased "Imposter." I have to admit: I love the design. I've felt like that bunny, trying desperate to fit in, more times than I can count. But I'm grateful for the wooters who passed along the links so I could find out for myself what happened. Make your own choices and don't bash others for their choices: this isn't the thread for that.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

Stop offering awesome things! I already gave you all my money! D:

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond
ThunderThighs wrote:
What's your fave?

Khione is a gorgeous shirt and I'd love to see another shiny metallic print by that artist (I also have Sea Chariot). Solstice is another favorite, I love winter blues (colors, not mood) so a warmer long sleeve version is tempting.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
ThunderThighs wrote:Short-sleeve shirts to keep you warm.... Wait, that's not right.

What's your fave?

Khione... khioneeeeee.

It is my co-favorite woot shirt evar.

Everyone buy it right now.

xpenguin

quality posts: 6 Private Messages xpenguin

No Bowling!!! Tote. Hm. Considering.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
note2001 wrote:Love the totes, except they're not suitable for commuting with a laptop.

Any chance Woot will rethink their tote supplier and offer a slightly larger one made with good quality canvas, a shoulder strap, zipped pocket inside and a key chain hook?

... I can dream right?

They did offer messenger bags before, but sales were low. Collectively, the two designs sold 46.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
neuropsychosocial wrote:For those who are unaware, the artist of "Imposter," reprinting in this Woot Plus sale as a hoodie and a tote was caught plagiarizing another artist's work and hasn't had a first-time print at woot since, although they've reprinted several of her designs in Woot Plus sales since. This thread, starting with the post to which I've linked, follows the discover that "World Nom-ination" was plagiarized and subsequently pulled from publication.

I am posting because I believe that each wooter should be able to make an informed decision about whether to buy the artist's reprints since she earns $2 for each purchase. When I first discovered woot, I didn't know the history and I happily purchased "Imposter." I have to admit: I love the design. I've felt like that bunny, trying desperate to fit in, more times than I can count. But I'm grateful for the wooters who passed along the links so I could find out for myself what happened. Make your own choices and don't bash others for their choices: this isn't the thread for that.

This makes what? Like their millionth reprinting of Imposter? Ugh...

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ThunderThighs wrote:What's your fave?

I'm a fan of Solstice.

I'm just hanging out, really.

wonderandawe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wonderandawe
ThunderThighs wrote:

What's your fave?

Hungry Igloo! :D

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
neuropsychosocial wrote:For those who are unaware, the artist of "Imposter," reprinting in this Woot Plus sale as a hoodie and a tote was caught plagiarizing another artist's work and hasn't had a first-time print at woot since, although they've reprinted several of her designs in Woot Plus sales since. This thread, starting with the post to which I've linked, follows the discover that "World Nom-ination" was plagiarized and subsequently pulled from publication.

Seriously Woot, why are you reprinting a design from a proven plagiarizer? Don't you want to keep that all swept under the rug? I guess the expected sales must be worth the renewed disgust of the few who pay some attention.

edit: On a friendlier note, Khione is great and it's nice to see it again.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Woot, you are so infuriating, I can't be too angry about this side sale including Ramy and Seki because you also happen to be re-printing Khione, Solstice, Nose Thief and other good ones.

I will say that Woot surely has other "cute" artists who could fill those spots!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

prairey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prairey

I've been waiting for a Khione reprint! my first edition is too big (makes a good nightshirt though).

Did you want Summer Moon part Blue??
Clicky clicky to buy!

note2001

Narfcake wrote:They did offer messenger bags before, but sales were low. Collectively, the two designs sold 46.

Messenger bags are cumbersome with their giant flap, refuse to stand on their own and, there's no nice way to say this, they're pretty cheesy. I don't doubt they had so few sales.

I'm thinking more along the lines of something similar to LLBean's Boat and Tote bags. Durable, can hold anything/go anywhere and still look great after a beating.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

So I see the two designs I mentioned were missing from the spiritgreen sale last week are here now (Nose Thief and Hungry Igloo). Ah, woot, you were just playing with us, weren't you?

Now to decide on the long sleeves.... so many I like! No Hungry Igloo LS? I'm guessing AA doesn't have a royal blue long sleeve, huh? Still, overall, loving the non-imposters in this sale.

07/11/14

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
note2001 wrote:Messenger bags are cumbersome with their giant flap, refuse to stand on their own and, there's no nice way to say this, they're pretty cheesy. I don't doubt they had so few sales.

I'm thinking more along the lines of something similar to LLBean's Boat and Tote bags. Durable, can hold anything/go anywhere and still look great after a beating.

Ooh, I'd be so broke if they started offering bags like that!

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

Here I was, thinking I've seen every shirt at one time or another, and BAM, you proved me wrong. I swear, lousy memory aside, I've never seen the majority of these Winter Wondershirts. And how "All is calm" got past me I will never know. I've taken countless snowy cardinal photos and it's a must have.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mkdr wrote:Ooh, I'd be so broke if they started offering bags like that!

Same. But I still can't resist an adorable tote as they are now. They're perfect for a quick jaunt to the store or library.

I'm just hanging out, really.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
Narfcake wrote:They did offer messenger bags before, but sales were low. Collectively, the two designs sold 46.

*ICK* I wouldn't purchase either of those prints REGARDLESS of what they put them on.

I do agree, though, another type of bag would be nice. But I can see where it may be cost prohibitive.

bigticket

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigticket

No way to get 'Imposter' on a tshirt?

magshernandez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magshernandez

Nose Thief would make a great tote.

Yes make larger totes please or offer two sizes please.

bpr2

bigticket wrote:No way to get 'Imposter' on a tshirt?

You do know the person who did that shirt has been caught cheating by submitting other people's work right?

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
bpr2 wrote:You do know the person who did that shirt has been caught cheating by submitting other people's work right?

Seriously?!?!?!?
How are that persons designs still printed?

note2001

FlamingoNut wrote:Seriously?!?!?!?

I don't have the links to the designs in question, but as I recall it was the concept that was stolen, not the actual image. S/he redrew the image.

It'd be like carving a copy of Mt. Rushmore and saying it's your design and getting full credit for it. OK, maybe using a national landmark was a bad example, but you get the gist.

ducktorwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ducktorwho

How do the long sleeve shirts fit compared to the men's short sleeve?

sweettvkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sweettvkat

I Wish NO BOWLING was available in a short sleeve shirt. I would love to buy one

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
caramelarrow wrote:... No Hungry Igloo LS? I'm guessing AA doesn't have a royal blue long sleeve, huh? ...

They don't.

AA 2007

FlamingoNut wrote:Seriously?!?!?!?

How? Someone decided it was a good idea ...

note2001 wrote:I don't have the links to the designs in question ...

As previously linked ...

ducktorwho wrote:How do the long sleeve shirts fit compared to the men's short sleeve?

They fit just like the older USA-made Woot shirts, except with long sleeves.

bpr2

30 more minutes until end of sale!