WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Zip-Up Hoodies: Put A Zipper On It

A zipper is a powerful thing. It grants you the ability to tear something apart in one simple motion and then mend it in another. That's why, when you've got a zipper on your hoodie, you must decide whether you will use it for good (zip up) or evil (zip down). But before that, you need to choose what sweet Shirt.Woot design you want on it.

ChristieMichele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChristieMichele

Well, I wanted the 4 Little Ponies hoodie...until I realized whoever cropped the chest piece out of the original picture forgot to omit a background leg...5 legged fail...

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

Bout time! Just get some older designs!

sublimesanura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sublimesanura
ChristieMichele wrote:Well, I wanted the 4 Little Ponies hoodie...until I realized whoever cropped the chest piece out of the original picture forgot to omit a background leg...5 legged fail...

Crap - now that you mentioned it it's all I noticed. I want this hoodie too. Any chance it can be fixed??

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

sublimesanura wrote:Crap - now that you mentioned it it's all I noticed. I want this hoodie too. Any chance it can be fixed??

A very good chance. Should have corrected art up soon.

EDIT: Mutant leg is removed.

PoAng

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

...at 95 woots there is a VERY good possiblility that my 100th woot is going to be one of these zip-up hoodies!

EDIT: 100 woots on this account, my first wot account.

Oh, heck! Who am I kidding I'll probably end up getting more than five of these for myself and as birthday gifts.

FrossetMareritt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FrossetMareritt

I'm taking it that these are not the light-weight ones?

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Excited to see a zip-up side sale, but where, oh where, is my Procrastination University zip-up??? Please don't keep putting it off til the next sale!

07/11/14

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FrossetMareritt wrote:I'm taking it that these are not the light-weight ones?

No, these are regular weight hoodies. We note when the hoodies are light weight.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Super Effective is one of my favorite designs - it never fails to get a mention whenever I wear it.

Really must ponder this - several cute designs going on in this sale!

I'm just hanging out, really.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm going to go bankrupt at this rate!!!!!

Bought my friend Ponies in L/S for Christmas - she may just need the Zip-up as well!

Super-effective is one of my eldest's favorite shirts (that next to Sugar Crash - see poll on Kids.Woot for more details)

Husband LOVES the Hobbit and isn't bothered by the knob (he's just not as OCD as I am)

We all love Boba Fetch & Motivation required.....

I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
tgentry wrote:EDIT: Mutant leg is removed.

Can you reuse it for a different design?

inkycatz

Narfcake wrote:Can you reuse it for a different design?

"You know what this needs?"
"A mutant leg?"
"Absolutely! Good thing I kept that spare one from the hoodie sale."

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Narfcake wrote:Can you reuse it for a different design?

It's being attached to all three derby winners this weekend. Waste not want not.

Narfcake

tgentry wrote:It's being attached to all three derby winners this weekend. Waste not want not.

Why wait until this weekend? There's a turtle with a two-legged easel that could use one already!

devilpliers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devilpliers

Well.. I was going to grab that samurai hoodie, but it has the same issue.. the front chest piece looks pretty bad. The top fades out nicely, but the bottom looks like you guys just took an eraser to two parts and then smuged it a bit.. doesn't really work out very well. The rock to the right of the tree looks even worse. Disappointing. Kind of surprised you guys are selling such low quality versions of your designs for that much $$.

FrossetMareritt

ThunderThighs wrote:No, these are regular weight hoodies. We note when the hoodies are light weight.

That sucks. The regular hoodies are only good for maybe two weeks out of the year for me, while the light-weight ones are good for a few months of outside weather and all the time inside my school.

Thanks for the reply! ^_^

Coggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coggle

I'm not sure if the last hoodie I ordered was light weight or not, but I would like to note it came fairly stuck together. Multiple washings didn't remove the adhesive on the inner back and woot was kind enough to send a replacement free of charge. Had the same problem with the adhesive on the replacement, but since I had two I was more willing to experiment. It was only after thoroughly massaging vegetable oil over the effected area for a few minutes and then washing that the adhesive finally came out of one of the hoodies. Just a tip in case anyone else runs into that problem.

The odd looks you get massaging oil into a hoodie last a lifetime.

whirlygirly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whirlygirly

I think I would like the Schrodinger one a little better if the equation wasn't printed under the cat. I like it printed on the front, it just seems a little redundant to have it in both places.

norcalbecca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norcalbecca
Coggle wrote:The odd looks you get massaging oil into a hoodie last a lifetime.

Best. Quote. Of the day. ...just sayin'.

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

I guess I'm gonna get "Some Motivation Required." I have alot of cats, so black is usually a no-go, but exercising was a New Year's resolution for me & I've been good about it for this first week, so I'm gonna reward myself.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

I have the "Some Motivation Required" light weight hoodie and I absolutely love it. The hood falls pretty low, so I have to raise up and show off the design if i really want people to see it. I think I am going to get the regular hoodie too, because that's how much I love it - I think I might still have that problem but I don't care. Perfect to take to the gym or a 5k to wear after my workouts.

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

lonelypond

quality posts: 463 Private Messages lonelypond

Fun choices, but really, and this is my token mention for the year, I think Zombie Vampire Robots From Space would make an excellent zip up, with the flying saucers for your front feature. #stilltrying

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

FrossetMareritt

mkdr wrote: Perfect to take to the gym or a 5k to wear after my workouts.

I have the LW version one as well and it's a rare event when I'm not wearing it after kung-fu. The instructors love it too.

Oh, and if the LW version is any indication of the normal ones, it lasts for a LONG time. I think I got mine early June last year and it's still going strong.

ktern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktern

would buy "kitty uses annoy" immediately if the front kitty was backed by just one larger MEOW!

sadly it was not to be. oh well

saschab

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saschab
caramelarrow wrote:Excited to see a zip-up side sale, but where, oh where, is my Procrastination University zip-up??? Please don't keep putting it off til the next sale!

Yes, please! Ditto!

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I want the Reading Rocket Ship hoodie for my son, but he's only a little guy (currently wearing K6/2T). He has the t-shirt and the print in his space-themed room. Any chance you'll add kids hoodies in future?

I'm contemplating Some Motivation Required as an exercise reward for myself, but I'm afraid that I would be happier with a light-weight hoodie in Texas. Does anyone have thoughts on this hoodie weight in warmer climates?

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB
ktern wrote:would buy "kitty uses annoy" immediately if the front kitty was backed by just one larger MEOW!

sadly it was not to be. oh well

Great design suggestion!

I have the shirt, and I always get comments when I wear it.

gothchick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gothchick

my dearest woot....i love you, i truly do, and i love these hoodies...there are 3 i'd buy...but i bought a small sized zip up hoodie and it is HUGE on me. will there ever be more girl friendly sizes? please....i am so very sad

boywonderok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boywonderok

Can someone please advise how large these hoodies run? From the comments and the size chart I am getting the sense they run big. Is this a buy a size smaller situaion? Also they are 50/50 so I am assuming they will not shrink much?

inkycatz

boywonderok wrote:Can someone please advise how large these hoodies run? From the comments and the size chart I am getting the sense they run big. Is this a buy a size smaller situaion? Also they are 50/50 so I am assuming they will not shrink much?

It depends on how you like the fit. I order the same size because I love to layer like nobody's business. From personal experience I have not had my hoodies shrink (or if they have it is so minimal I haven't noticed).

amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo
Narfcake wrote:Why wait until this weekend? There's a turtle with a two-legged easel that could use one already!

There it is. I was scrolling through the comments wondering if the Woot Staff were purposely avoiding your reference to the controversial missing easel leg. Sad you have to explain the joke to them.

melfox86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melfox86

YES! I haven't bought something for months, biding my time until now. Reading rocket ship is my favorite shirt (I'm in grad school studying reading), and zip up hoodies are ALSO my favorite. :D

PoAng

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng
boywonderok wrote:Can someone please advise how large these hoodies run? From the comments and the size chart I am getting the sense they run big. Is this a buy a size smaller situaion? Also they are 50/50 so I am assuming they will not shrink much?

They hardly shrink if any...the zipper still lays flat after washing...if they shrunk any then the zipper would look like a strip of bacon because the material shrunk around it.

I agree with layering, and buy the same size as I do my t-shirts.

coffeesplinter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeesplinter

You forgot to add teeth to the Dino on the front of the Exercise hoodie. Maybe he is a special dino who can retract his teeth like a cat can with its claws...KITTYREX!

dogrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dogrrl

PLEASE offer more pull over hoodie designs!
Thanks Woot!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Damn! Still no fox zip-ups. :<

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

katiewhocanread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katiewhocanread

I couldn't justify buying MORE awesome T-shirts, but I couldn't resist the Hobbit design on a hoodie - the awesome is greater than the misplaced doorknob. Alas, I live in England and will have to wait a while for it to get here. Can't wait to wear it.

bigmike485

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigmike485

I was about to buy the Apocalypse Ponies when I noticed it's not Black like the design background shows... but Navy!

So are two other shirts with black backgrounds! The closeness in color makes my brain hurt, and sadly keeps money in my wallet.

Narfcake

amroyo wrote:... Sad you have to explain the joke to them.

TBH, I probably killed the joke when I got specific. Ramy explains the missing leg here.

bigmike485 wrote:I was about to buy the Apocalypse Ponies when I noticed it's not Black like the design background shows... but Navy! ...

Yep, just like the t-shirt version - which I have. It's Navy.

Likewise, both the t-shirt versions of Boba Fetch and Leonardo were printed on Navy too.