3%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

I wanted this one to print and now it has and I'm happy. I'm a hopeless button masher. And hey, sometimes it works.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Haha, that's how I always played fighting games. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

MASH ALL THE BUTTONS!!!

Vegdeg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Vegdeg

My wife beats me at mortal combat using this method. +1 women's small... and now back to searching for my dignity.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Can't begin to say how many times some one asked me to show them how I did a special move and my reply was, "I have no idea what I'm hitting, just look at my hands while I'm playing and see if you can figure it out from there."

haupt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haupt

I want one, but if I wear it to work the jig is up....

lonelypond

quality posts: 463 Private Messages lonelypond

My only video game strategy by the only artist I own a video game themed shirt by. So yep, I'm in. And my first cranberry shirt purchase, I believe. Maybe it will arrive before the video game weekend with little brother I have scheduled in ten days -- place your bets now ; )

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi

Thank you, Woot! I like to think of button mashing as the Drunken Fist of gaming styles.

KidA0723

quality posts: 11 Private Messages KidA0723

Im so glad this printed! totally bought this for my fiancee. when she plays a game, She has no idea what she is doing.

More Bunnies Ogling Carrots's please!

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

混沌 = chaos

勝利 = victory

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi
Invisiblemoose wrote:混沌 = chaos

勝利 = victory

Thank you for posting this, and in a much fancier way than I could have managed.

Also, not necessarily a button mash video, but my favorite fighting game video on the internet:

RipRap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RipRap
Vegdeg wrote:My wife beats me at mortal combat using this method.

Yes. My wife beats me too. Using kitchen utensils and...... Oooooops. Apologies. Wrong forum.

More than 100 Woots (RipRap is better than everybody else, according to WOOT)
stop asking me to send you my used words. I recycle!

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

Is there really any other way to play?

Congrats Rasabi!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I love the textures and distress on the lettering. Very nice!

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

there are two types of video gamers
mashers and learners

with mashers you only get the button mashing drunken master style and they always beat you somehow (note: this only works in stage fighting games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mortal Combat and the like.
The other type is the learn it and get good which if you get really good you can sometimes beat the mashers (I can beat anyone I'v played in SSBB)
to each there is at least two types for the mashers theres the "dang dang dang push all the buttons maybe that will work" and the "lol I dunno how I did that"

of the learners you have the "just deal with problems when I get to them" the extreme strategists and the LEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! ones who charge blindly ahead and are therefor invincible.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

It really depends on the game. Certain, much more technical games will not work with button mashing. Also, button masher vs. button masher is a long, drawn out, terrible battle that never seems to have the same winner.

Still, button mashers are waaay better than spammers, who figure out one powerful move and then just do it over and over again. Makes the match super boring :/

Also, button mashers are terrible at blocking, which is how I still get my ass handed to me by much more experienced gamers (I totally have no clue what I am doing and will proudly wear this shirt)

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

while it can be fun to do the special moves that freeze the guy or send out your robot buddies, it can be just as effective to sweep the leg (Johnny!) or jump and slam... I once had a friend very into Mortal Combat and Killer Instinct and he hated playing me because if he missed a move or I avoided it and got close to him, I would mash the hell out of those buttons and destroy him. This shirt is awesome!

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

wustedwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wustedwoot

PAUL PHOENIX!!!! WOOT, make my wildest dreams come true and start offering an XL-Tall size!!!

carol2bs1grl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages carol2bs1grl
SailorButterfly wrote:Haha, that's how I always played fighting games. :P

LOL, me too! I remember the first time I ever played mortal combat, I was visiting family that I hadn't seen since I was 3 years old (lived across the country)....I was a teenager and was playing against my cousin. It was his game...and after just a couple tries, my button mashing totally kicked his butt, lol.

anvmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anvmom

Woot team, please start offering these as magnets too! I really want to put many of your tee shirt pictures on my fridge or in my cube at the office!!!
ESPECIALLY this one!

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly

This is absolutely my strategy with basically all video games, and is why I can win Super Smash Brothers with the Ice Climbers.

wyredragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wyredragon
RipRap wrote:Yes. My wife beats me too. Using kitchen utensils and...... Oooooops. Apologies. Wrong forum.

Thank you for this, coffee nearly came out my nose!
Also button smasher 4 life! I can't wait to wear this to work.

lordchase

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordchase

My first official woot shirt, I couldnt pass this one up.

wowloot1337

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wowloot1337

Hahaha, saw this shirt and insta wooted.

The only game I didnt mash was Mortal Combat. Its literally the only fighter I memorized the combos in. KO with almost all of the characters easy.

adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke

And on the back it should say "And I'm kicking your A**!

I know it's not fair but it's true. I have been button mashing since Mortal Combat's first installment in the arcade. I win a lot, but I feel guilty.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit

The first thing to know is that you know nothing... close your eyes... let the chaos take you.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

As a fan of the GOAT button mashing based character, I approve!

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822

The point at which I *deliberately* hit certain buttons in "Batman: Arkham Asylum" -- instead of button-mashing -- is when it started getting awesome. I was owning a group of 20 guys in no time. That's one game where button-mashing isn't as cool.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

Love the shirt, but I'm more of the study-the-moves, execute-a-strategy type. Fireball fury usually beats button mashing, btw. ;-)

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
Invisiblemoose wrote:混沌 = chaos

勝利 = victory

Oh thanks, I was hoping someone who knew would make a post about what those characters mean. I mean I insta-bought it but I really don't like wearing things when I have no idea what it actually says.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
carol2bs1grl wrote:LOL, me too! I remember the first time I ever played mortal combat, I was visiting family that I hadn't seen since I was 3 years old (lived across the country)....I was a teenager and was playing against my cousin. It was his game...and after just a couple tries, my button mashing totally kicked his butt, lol.

Well hopefully your cousin wasnt a twit. Mine would gloat and call you names for sucking at a game you had never heard of before. Then, once you found the character that turned you into a button mashing god, sulked and hid the power cord.

Bandrik

quality posts: 79 Private Messages Bandrik
rasabi wrote:Also, not necessarily a button mash video, but my favorite fighting game video on the internet: (youtube vid was here)

I haven't laughed that hard in a few days. Thanks for that.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Oh man, that's exactly how I play! Congrats on the print, rasabi!

rdjuras

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdjuras

This is exactly how I play Mario Smash Bros with my guy friends. It's about 8% effective at winning. lol. Although, the ability to get second place is granted a much higher percentage. Happily for me.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 43.773s
First Sucker: thedrizzle89
Last Wooter to Woot: erinfdoyle
Last Purchase: a minute ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 45% of Shirt Woots
Top 37% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 1698

First day sales 1698
First day posts 34

iamkiki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamkiki

Me too! And when it doesn't giggling a little helps when playing with friends Yeah, don't PuG much!

safyrejet wrote:I wanted this one to print and now it has and I'm happy. I'm a hopeless button masher. And hey, sometimes it works.

Alphastorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alphastorm

In for one! Ready for my button mashing tournament!