Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Escher's Jail RESUB

I just noticed that a design was rejected for using numbers(no text rule).
I didn't want to wait until monday to be probably rejected for the numbers in his chest, so I decided to resubmit in advance

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito
Re: Escher's Jail

This might be rejected for the numbers on his chest, so please vote again here!

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/68773/eschers-jail-resub

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

gillyk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gillyk
Re: The Attacker

Love it!!!

wirdou

Another one for the derby. After the many hours I spent with my first design I was too lazy for this one, but I finally gave it a try! :D Hope you like it!

wirdou

Another one!:D After the many hours I spent with my first design, I was too tired for this another idea I had...but I finally decided to give it a try! Hope you like it!

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
wirdou wrote:Are you even serious? :S

http://wirdou.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/he-loves-you-i-swear.jpg

HAHA wow you are even more popular than you thought Wirdou. Actually you should feel a little bit honored (as well as pissed off) someone wants to be just like you!

flattopfrank

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flattopfrank
Re: Please!!

I can't believe someone would attempt to do this ??! It looks like a copy and paste...

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
nicoll420 wrote:Love the design! But hate white shirts... I am conflicted. Although im not really sure if this could work on another color. The only thing that comes to mind would be a green. Possibly to give it a bit of a spring feel. But hey, its just one mans opinion =]

I'm so glad you like it! The design was originally on silver but I just thought the snow looked better when it blended into the shirt. Green actually would work the same way if I replaced the snow with grass. Maybe I'll do that next time.

@Tobias: You WOULD like it if there was a fox. I've seen your posts in the other derby threads! There's already a fox+ reflecting puddle design in the derby anyway .

edgrrrzzmom

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edgrrrzzmom
Re: Escher's Jail RESUB

Just one question...is he in or is he out? I don't think he can tell either. LOL

edgrrrzzmom

Re: Fly away

This is the most Escheresque so far.

paaiyan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paaiyan
Re: Continuum

He needs an MM on his chest.

For Moebius Mouse!

edgrrrzzmom

ochopika wrote:Hello! This design was inspired by Escher's surreal tree drawings. I'll post some halftone details later, after I remove my eyes from the computer for a bit.

Hope you like it!

I love it! especially the red bird in the tree. If you don't like white, maybe something silvery or pale blue to blend with some of the elements.

Artrocity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Artrocity
simoncowell wrote:Creative and interesting,however, I see rabbits, not mice.

Thank you and honestly those would be some uglish looking rabbits, let's say these are more rat looking mice;)

madtrees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madtrees
gaelvin wrote:I've always liked how Escher played with optical illusions. Here's my attempt at an Escher-esque design... somehow, chess pieces seem to fit with his aesthetic.

I really like this drawing I hope it can become a shirt. I have a few Escher prints at the house. Nice work

gaelvin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaelvin
designfrankenstein wrote:Looks awesome! As if Chess wasnt complicated enough

Yeah. I tried to work out how it would work... Ingot as far as the fact that the Bishops could change the colors of the squares they occupy, but I couldn't figure out how or why a piece would switch perspective... then the White Rook peeked over the top and I realized that there's ANOTHER dimension. I gave up at that point.

gaelvin

madtrees wrote:I really like this drawing I hope it can become a shirt. I have a few Escher prints at the house. Nice work

Thanks a lot! I'd love to see it as a shirt myself (but I'd settle for an Honorable Mention in the Derby )

i5vkxiceelce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages i5vkxiceelce

How is it Escher-esque?

i5vkxiceelce

paaiyan wrote:I don't think this can be printed.

If it were a shirt-within-a-shirt infinite design, that might make it printable. But the shirt in the image has a woot tag on it, and I don't see the self-reference that would make it an infinite recursion, or any other infinite elements.

It looks like the whole bottom of the shirt is black, while the whole top is white. Would it be a white shirt with black printing, vice versa, or ...?

The design doesn't seem to end on the front-view of the shirt. The side edges would wrap around to the back, and there's a black/white boundary there, trailing off to the back-view. What would the back look like?

Would woot print all the way around to the back, and to the bottom / top of the shirt?

ThingamaBob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThingamaBob
paaiyan wrote:I don't think this can be printed.

I would agree. The black at the very bottom is outside the printable area in the shirt template. I would suggest the artist resub soon, because this is bound to get rejected eventually.

Nice design, though! Will vote for if resubbed.

wkjii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkjii
daletheskater wrote:love this!

That is great to hear. Thank you, daletheskater.

i5vkxiceelce

What's the other half of the tessellation?

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: architecture

6 colors on black

i5vkxiceelce

Very nice design. How would the boundary between shirt and design look? It seems to fade out in the preview.

piwerx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages piwerx
Re: Snake Eyes

It's been a while since I've entered, so you know...

The only things that have changed here at woot are, well... pretty much everything.

birdybird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages birdybird
Re: The Attacker

I see, now I understand why It cant be printed. I am new to Woot! and this is my first submission. Thanks for the advices guys, your comments are really helpful!

i5vkxiceelce

Ooh, a fluid cousin to the phoenix. I like each bird, especially the bottom one who is ! surprised.

gaelvin

daletheskater wrote:looks great!

Thanks a lot!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Ha! This is mildly funny, wirdou. Who'd you catch cheating?

i5vkxiceelce wrote:How is it Escher-esque?

I'm sure this will be rejected because it's not on a shirt template. Yup, that's the biggest problem here...

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Light

Love it +1

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
birdybird wrote:I see, now I understand why It cant be printed. I am new to Woot! and this is my first submission. Thanks for the advices guys, your comments are really helpful!

This is really pretty cool! If you don't mind a little more advice , you can withdraw/delete your entry for 24 hours after you submit it; there should be a little red X over it that you can click on. This would allow you to resubmit the design to another site immediately (otherwise, you'd have to wait 60 days to submit it elsewhere based on woot's rules). However, you can also resubmit it to woot if you can juggle the design to fit woot's printing rules. There are templates available for download that show the printable area (for woot) on a shirt (the links are under "Design Guidelines" towards the top of the page): your entire design needs to fit within that 16" x 20" area (i.e., the only place ink can go is within that area). Woot can't print the black extending all the way to the bottom of the shirt; I think your design is also too close to the sides. If you have trouble with the template, try posting in the Pre-Derby discussion thread; the artists are generally good at helping newbies with technical issues.

If you want to resubmit, I'd suggest that you definitely want to withdraw your first submission. This isn't a requirement, but the Rejectionator won't be around until Monday, so you'll "steal" votes from yourself as long as both designs are active. You want all the votes to go to the one that won't be rejected.

FWIW, if you want to resubmit, I think the effect might be more effective when printed if it's on a black shirt rather than a white one. That would allow the black "effect" to extend to the bottom and sides of the shirt, and you could use white ink to extend the white effect almost to the sleeves/collar. Based on studying visual perception from a cognitive neuropsychology perspective, the eye will perceive the black ink ending into a white shirt, if the basic shirt "blank" is white, as very jarring. If the design is on a black blank, the white ink at the top of the shirt will not be jarring to the eye/part of the brain that processes optical illusions.

neuropsych trivia: this has to do with how the brain processes negative and positive space when evaluating a "multistable percept." Multistable perception is one of the main visual phenomena behind much of Escher's work.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus
Re: Light

This looks fantastic! +1

birdybird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages birdybird
neuropsychosocial wrote:This is really pretty cool! If you don't mind a little more advice , you can withdraw/delete your entry for 24 hours after you submit it; there should be a little red X over it that you can click on. This would allow you to resubmit the design to another site immediately (otherwise, you'd have to wait 60 days to submit it elsewhere based on woot's rules). However, you can also resubmit it to woot if you can juggle the design to fit woot's printing rules. There are templates available for download that show the printable area (for woot) on a shirt (the links are under "Design Guidelines" towards the top of the page): your entire design needs to fit within that 16" x 20" area (i.e., the only place ink can go is within that area). Woot can't print the black extending all the way to the bottom of the shirt; I think your design is also too close to the sides. If you have trouble with the template, try posting in the Pre-Derby discussion thread; the artists are generally good at helping newbies with technical issues.

If you want to resubmit, I'd suggest that you definitely want to withdraw your first submission. This isn't a requirement, but the Rejectionator won't be around until Monday, so you'll "steal" votes from yourself as long as both designs are active. You want all the votes to go to the one that won't be rejected.

FWIW, if you want to resubmit, I think the effect might be more effective when printed if it's on a black shirt rather than a white one. That would allow the black "effect" to extend to the bottom and sides of the shirt, and you could use white ink to extend the white effect almost to the sleeves/collar. Based on studying visual perception from a cognitive neuropsychology perspective, the eye will perceive the black ink ending into a white shirt, if the basic shirt "blank" is white, as very jarring. If the design is on a black blank, the white ink at the top of the shirt will not be jarring to the eye/part of the brain that processes optical illusions.

neuropsych trivia: this has to do with how the brain processes negative and positive space when evaluating a "multistable percept." Multistable perception is one of the main visual phenomena behind much of Escher's work.

oh damn! I only read this after I resubmit my design. This is so so helpful! Thanks dude!

simoncowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simoncowell
birdybird wrote:oh damn! I only read this after I resubmit my design. This is so so helpful! Thanks dude!

I think this is a female..... a "dude" wouldn't use this many words !!

i5vkxiceelce

edgrrrzzmom wrote:I love it! especially the red bird in the tree. If you don't like white, maybe something silvery or pale blue to blend with some of the elements.

A very pale blue shirt would really make the pink pop. But I don't think the woot shirt has a pale enough color; it would overpower the overall subtlety of this design.

I really like the the petals floating above the ice/water surface.

i5vkxiceelce

Re: Fly away

A very well-executed design!

wottwin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wottwin
Re: The Attacker RESUB

This is really cool, but you probably want to resub it one more time. The thumbnail image needs to match the shirt or it will get rejected!

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
BootsBoots wrote:Nice!

thanks

deborah11565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deborah11565
Re: Please!!

Good job Rejectionator !! Love the " NOT YOURS " !

orabbit

quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit
wottwin wrote:This is really cool, but you probably want to resub it one more time. The thumbnail image needs to match the shirt or it will get rejected!

Right, the thumbnail must be a section of the actual design, or the whole thing, not a modification like you have here.