kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
eschwalm wrote:This is beautifully detailed and intricate, but my eyes have trouble following the lines. Maybe if the design flowed from one shoulder down to the bottom corner you could have spaced it out a little.

P.S. I'm always a fan of your dramatic color and you blew it away in that category!

thanks a lot, yes i knew it is a little bit difficult to read.The illustrator version is sharper and more mathematicalogical, but in the heat of the night ,with the rush of beeing ready, i imported it in photoshop and began to create this universe.

kharmazero

6amcrisis wrote:This makes me want to read Stephen Baxter's The Time Ships again, the final few chapters where they travel back to the beginning of Time (that's a good thing!)

thanks a lot, i never heard of this book,but it seems to be nice.It wil be my next(perhaps i should read again The time machine before, cause it's been a long time.)

kcastle411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcastle411
Re: Escher Cats

Me Gusta!!!

sillythings86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillythings86

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Escher Fruits

This has such a warm look to it. My brother-in-law carves his apples like that. He won an apple carving contest a few years ago with that method... they have those sort of things in PA.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
oakenspirit wrote:This has such a warm look to it. My brother-in-law carves his apples like that. He won an apple carving contest a few years ago with that method... they have those sort of things in PA.

Same BIL that likes to shoot guns?

I love this design too. I would definitely wear it. It's criminal that you haven't printed here yet, Harzack!

dirtdirt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtdirt

dsaiz11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsaiz11
Re: Fly away

Love the design! What color Tshirt is this?

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
orabbit wrote:Same BIL that likes to shoot guns?

HA! One and the same... Let's see what else we can learn about him over time...

It's criminal that you haven't printed here yet, Harzack!

TRUTH. You have been impressing me week after week!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
lyonscc wrote:As a gamer for the past 30+ years, I absolutely love the design. Too bad you had to ditch the text, but I'd like one either way.

Thanks, Mr. Lyons. I've made my peace with the loss of the numbers. I like polyhedra as much as I like D&D, so it's all the same to me.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Towers

So cool!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Thank you all for your nice words! This meant going way out of my comfort zone, so I'm so glad you liked it!:D

wirdou

Thank you Daletheskaer, thank you Neuro! This was really fun to make!:D

nancyzas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancyzas
Re: The Towers

Fun idea! Cool drawing, Kevlar.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist
Re: Rise of the Phoenix

I'm going to take one of these down. please tell me which coloring you like better.

[url]http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/68809/phoenix-rises[url/]

viridiancat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viridiancat
aramis525 wrote:I don't get it...why the frowny faces?

If you take out the eyes, the rest of the image forms the bio-hazard sign ;-)

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
sillythings86 wrote:snip

I'm not sure what your point is. I've drawn a picture of a standard-issue NASA MMU (Manned Maneuvering Unit), used by NASA for decades now, with an astronaut in it. I chose an MMU with a camera attached to it (as in the picture you posted, but not specifically from the picture you posted), as I wanted it with the camera as the "source" of my astronaut's self-portrait.

It's like drawing a picture of a Corvette. You've got to look at pictures of Corvettes to semi-accurately draw what a Corvette looks like.

It should be pretty obvious that I didn't use the photo you've posted (or any other one out there) - the planet and nebula is one generated in Bryce 3D and Photoshop, and it is drawn with the reflection of my sun image (and a reflection of the reflecting ball) in it. The shading is also completely different (I added very little shading at all to my drawing, as the light source - the sun - is right in front of the astronaut).

Also, maybe your Google-fu is better than mine, but all of the pictures I can find are completely and totally different than the one reflected in the ball. NASA makes its photos public, as well, so there's no chance I took my own private picture to work from, either.

So I'm not sure what your point is.

nimrond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: The Questionable Stability of the Atom

Maybe my mind tries to automatically correct what it my eyes see, but this looks like it could be actually made into a model, like it's not an illusion.

nimrond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: Chess-scher

I don't see any rook floating, but some of the pieces areN#t in fact central to their squares, no matter which way you look at them. Still a great design!

ohthatdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohthatdeb

This is really stunning.

ohthatdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohthatdeb
Re: Infinity Drawing

Very cool looking, but as a woman I would never ever wear it -- maybe if it were vertical, or even diagonal, but... yeah.

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh
Re: Underground

Black and white on Asphalt. I hope you enjoy my design this week. Thanks for checking it out.

writermist

This is beautiful

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula
i5vkxiceelce wrote:What's the other half of the tessellation?

Just a lot of rabbits

harantula

quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

amazing!

writermist

Naolito wrote:I just noticed that a design was rejected for using numbers(no text rule).
I didn't want to wait until monday to be probably rejected for the numbers in his chest, so I decided to resubmit in advance

good thinking re-submiting and awesome design

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Finally we meet

Great work Wirdou!

expo01

Wow very nice Wences.

expo01

Merseine wrote:Nicely done! The Escher print this riffs off of is one of my favorites. I love how the eyes and stars are the same color.

Thanks! (o;

expo01

daletheskater wrote:sweet! :D

(o;

galaxiegrace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages galaxiegrace
Re: A Fox Among Rabbits

This also reminds me of a Charley Harper! Love!

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh

Black and white on Asphalt. I hope you enjoy it and thanks for taking a look.

walmazan

Re: Striped Tiger

Excellent, I'm sure it will be printed!

walmazan

nimrond wrote:Maybe my mind tries to automatically correct what it my eyes see, but this looks like it could be actually made into a model, like it's not an illusion.

I will love it to see it, but don't think is possible, but be my guest

kharmazero

Re: Escher's Jail RESUB

happy to see this one going up,really nice work

kharmazero

kharmazero

naymarie33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naymarie33

This is amazing!

wirdou

shikausstan wrote:HAHA wow you are even more popular than you thought Wirdou. Actually you should feel a little bit honored (as well as pissed off) someone wants to be just like you!

hahah yeah, I hope you liked the design anyway XDXD

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

This is the sort of inventiveness I had hoped to see when I first saw the derby theme. As clever as the design is, the colours are the real icing on the cake for me.