WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mentions of Honor

Our editors liked these designs too much to let them wash ashore on the Atoll of Failure. The "customers" might not have selected them in the Derby or Derby Double-Take, but don't they get enough attention already? This sale's for you, editors. This is your moment -- this is your time. 

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Edit: Thanks, Travis, for clearing up that royal blue blanks are still printing on AA (for now). Muchly appreciated (with apologies for my super-grumpy post).

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:Wait, after two months and screwing over multiple artists, woot got royal blue blanks back in stock just in time to print Bear Naked on Anvil?

Actually looks like these will be on AA. Our setup guru is working on the switch now.

lonelypond

quality posts: 459 Private Messages lonelypond

And that was apparently two derbies I missed Not On My Watch in...glad to discover it here.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Narfcake wrote:We got pwned ...

Pwned is a collab with kevlar51. His name is not listed. Maybe it can be added so then it will be searchable in the catalog for him as well?

Thanks for the mentions of honor, woot!

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
neuropsychosocial wrote:Wait, after two months and screwing over multiple artists, woot got royal blue blanks back in stock just in time to print Bear Naked on Anvil?

No kidding. They just had "The Hungry Igloo" for sale, and the choice was limited to a pullover hoodie or a tote bag because there were no royal blue shirts available. This is so unfair.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

Good shirt.woot plus sale. But woot, you got my hopes up that it would include edgar's old crazy dinosaur design ("grrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrr!"). Please consider it for future printing. Thank you.

edit: I don't pay enough attention to be up-to-date on the AA/Anvil blanks drama, and a cursory search didn't help. Anyone care to explain/link? Is woot switching back to AA?

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

screaming for joy at the print of The 4th Dimension and Not On My Watch. Two excellent designs!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

My 6yo daughter wanted "underworld blossom" the minute she saw it in the double-take.
me: "You know it has a skull on it, right?"
her: "Of course it does, it's Persephone in the underworld"
me:"//tear"

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
itoaseik wrote:... Anyone care to explain/link? Is woot switching back to AA?

Royal Blue Blank Gate 2012.

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Pwned is a collab with kevlar51. His name is not listed. Maybe it can be added so then it will be searchable in the catalog for him as well? ...

Out of courtesy and respect, it should be listed.

Alas, the MoH, along with all the other side sales designs, are not going into the back catalog.

I do hope that changes; as Woot has the printing rights for the year, they should make the most of it, for the benefit of artists and themselves. Last year's will be up in March; we'll see if they offer any additional items between now and then.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
Narfcake wrote:Out of courtesy and respect, it should be listed.

Alas, the MoH, along with all the other side sales designs, are not going into the back catalog.

I do hope that changes; as Woot has the printing rights for the year, they should make the most of it, for the benefit of artists and themselves. Last year's will be up in March; we'll see if they offer any additional items between now and then.

Thanks fishbiscuit5 and NarfCake!

On the good news side, Woot has "D" contracts now. Assuming the artist agreed to it, MoH sales now go into the catalog. Basically it's a C contract without the 1-year term.

No cure for the old C contracts at the moment.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

WOOTBOT Stated on C-is for Coffee that "She clearly hasn't had enough coffee this morning. Way too calm."

HELLO!! What about us ADD/ADHD people who aren't calm until AFTER we've had our morning cup of Joe????? Clearly they've never seen me first thing in the morning!

I'm in for one (even if it's on creme) :p

itoaseik

Sucky situation. Thanks for the link.

Narfcake wrote:Alas, the MoH, along with all the other side sales designs, are not going into the back catalog.

I do hope that changes; as Woot has the printing rights for the year, they should make the most of it, for the benefit of artists and themselves.

That's weird, I had assumed the side sale shirts would go into the back catalog. Would be nice.

And just in case any staff are looking for ideas, if they do this kind of side sale again, my requests/suggestions:

edgar's dinosaurs

and

Magic Ride
or
Tree Frog

Thanks.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

kevlar51 wrote:Thanks fishbiscuit5 and NarfCake!

On the good news side, Woot has "D" contracts now. Assuming the artist agreed to it, MoH sales now go into the catalog. Basically it's a C contract without the 1-year term.

No cure for the old C contracts at the moment.

Hey Kevlar, sorry about the oversight. I added you to the sale bio and will see about getting you another coupon use to get a free copy.

Also, we do plan on approaching our former C contract artists to see about moving them over to D's and into the catalog, but it will be an ongoing project.

jspickler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspickler

Mentions of honor are put in the catalog after the initial sale, yes? I can't buy now because I need to wait for next month so I don't go over budget.

snoopboop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snoopboop

WootBot needs to learn to round correctly! Pi, rounded to the thousandth, is 3.142 .... NOT 3.141 .... :P

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
snoopboop wrote:WootBot needs to learn to round correctly! Pi, rounded to the thousandth, is 3.142 .... NOT 3.141 .... :P

Have you seen what happens when robots are faced with a number 2?!

jspickler wrote:Mentions of honor are put in the catalog after the initial sale, yes? ...

Not necessarily; it will depend on the contract that was signed. Your safe bet is to purchase now and not count on it being in the catalog later.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
tgentry wrote:Hey Kevlar, sorry about the oversight. I added you to the sale bio and will see about getting you another coupon use to get a free copy.

Also, we do plan on approaching our former C contract artists to see about moving them over to D's and into the catalog, but it will be an ongoing project.

Thank you for adding Kevin to the design, Travis!

For anyone who is curious, We did choose the D contract so "Pwned" will be in the catalog when it opens up again.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

some fine choices in there editors!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi
j5 wrote:My 6yo daughter wanted "underworld blossom" the minute she saw it in the double-take.
me: "You know it has a skull on it, right?"
her: "Of course it does, it's Persephone in the underworld"
me:"//tear"

Nice. Glad she liked it! And that I didn't overskull the design...

jspickler wrote:Mentions of honor are put in the catalog after the initial sale, yes? I can't buy now because I need to wait for next month so I don't go over budget.

Budgets are important. That said, I personally prefer screen prints over DTG (which is how the catalog versions will be printed).
Plus it's cheaper right now ...butbudgetimportant...fiscality.

fuzzywessy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzywessy

I. LOVE. this design. http://shirt.woot.com/offers/underworld-blossom It annoys me though that there isn't a hoodie version of it.

ThingamaBob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThingamaBob
WootBot wrote:If you look REALLY close, you can see the ginger beer and Meyer's rum.

Clearly, WootBot isn't much of a drinker. It's Myers's Rum:

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2

Wow, I want tacos for dinner now. Thanks, Tacobow.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

I feel that the designer of "Dare to Keep Your Kids Off Cauliflower" made a poor choice in giving the cauliflower a sad face. Normally, I'd be super supportive of illegalizing cauliflower! But the face not only humanizes it for me, it also makes me feel kinda bad for the little guy. It's not his fault he tastes bad.

Now, if it had an evil face (ala >:D ) then that would be a whole 'nother story. It should probably be kicking a puppy as well.

bbvane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbvane
tsukitensh wrote:I feel that the designer of "Dare to Keep Your Kids Off Cauliflower" made a poor choice in giving the cauliflower a sad face. Normally, I'd be super supportive of illegalizing cauliflower! But the face not only humanizes it for me, it also makes me feel kinda bad for the little guy. It's not his fault he tastes bad.

Now, if it had an evil face (ala >:D ) then that would be a whole 'nother story. It should probably be kicking a puppy as well.

hi,I'm not a American,i don't understand why the t-shirt with illegaliing cauliflower will so popular.can you explain why Americans hate cauliflowers please?thank you

itoaseik

bbvane wrote:hi,I'm not a American,i don't understand why the t-shirt with illegaliing cauliflower will so popular.can you explain why Americans hate cauliflowers please?thank you

Because even though cauliflower isn't that bad by itself, it's a gateway vegetable. Soon kids end up at roadside stands, trying to score some fresh brussels sprouts. And that's the hard stuff.

It's a joke.

saracottontail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saracottontail

Thank you SO much for printing Underworld Blossom and C is for Coffee. I've wanted those shirt since they first came up! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

jonathanluu2 wrote:Wow, I want tacos for dinner now. Thanks, Tacobow.

bbvane

itoaseik wrote:Because even though cauliflower isn't that bad by itself, it's a gateway vegetable. Soon kids end up at roadside stands, trying to score some fresh brussels sprouts. And that's the hard stuff.

It's a joke.

I don't understand your meaning clearly,can you explain more easy to understand? thank you so much!

beckyeas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beckyeas

Please Please Please print the "4 Corgis of the Apocalypse" the next time you do a Mention of Honor! I would place multiple orders, so that I could have that shirt forever!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

bbvane wrote:I don't understand your meaning clearly,can you explain more easy to understand? thank you so much!

The joke is that cauliflower is one of the classic vegetables that kids tend to hate. The design is a parody of the "pro cannabis" shirts that usually have a pot leaf and say "Legalize it". Some kids and possibly adults might want to illegalize cauliflower because they think it is yucky. I hope that explains it.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
ThingamaBob wrote:Clearly, WootBot isn't much of a drinker. It's Myers's Rum:

Myers is one of those names that has so many variations nobody ever gets it right. ;)

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bbvane

ochopika wrote:The joke is that cauliflower is one of the classic vegetables that kids tend to hate. The design is a parody of the "pro cannabis" shirts that usually have a pot leaf and say "Legalize it". Some kids and possibly adults might want to illegalize cauliflower because they think it is yucky. I hope that explains it.

thank you so much.I understand the design's True intent.you are so nice

rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi

EDIT: Once again, Ochopika saves the day. Thank you!

Also thank you to Neuro for her plan B which I thankfully didn't have to use.

Fun fact: no one from Wyoming has purchased a shirt from this sale, further proof that there is no Wyoming.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
rasabi wrote:I need help from an artist !

I ran out of town before grabbing a copy of my shirt and now I don't have access to my e-mail. Can a fellow Mentions of Honor side sale artist PM me the coupon code?

If no one sends you the coupon code, order anyway and email support@wootdotcom when you get home, giving them your artist coupon code and asking if it can be retrospectively applied to your order. It's not ideal, but they've done it for me in the past with non-artist coupons when I had to return something purchased with a coupon (refund for what I paid, coupon credit applied to a recent order).

(Fellow wooters, please don't drive Support crazy by doing this often, but they have the ability to do it if necessary.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

c0d3m4573l2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages c0d3m4573l2

I wanted one of the Underworld Blossom shirts! I missed it by one day! Bring it back please please please if only for a day!

n10w84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n10w84

Woot! Please please please repeat this event! Same shirts, adding some more! Pleeeeeaase!