cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
kevlar51 wrote:Any market out there for a Monica Lewinski shirt?

She's not copyrighted, right?

My wife had ALMOST talked me into doing a Lewinski brand Cigars design, but I ended up passing on it.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
cfdunbar wrote:My wife had ALMOST talked me into doing a Lewinski brand Cigars design, but I ended up passing on it.

Please congratulate your wife on her excellent sensibilities.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn

beware1984 wrote:Is this good enough to pass the "no text only designs" rule?

(start at 8:40 if it doesn't do so...but in truth the entire show is well worth watching)

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
odysseyroc wrote:That's not from Paul Revere

Yeah, you're right. I need to stop posting [s]late at night[/s]

Mavyn wrote:Please congratulate your wife on her excellent sensibilities.

The wife was the one who wanted it done.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
odysseyroc wrote:That's not from Paul Revere

Right..that begins:
Now here's a little story I got to tell ...

Mavyn

j5 wrote:The wife was the one who wanted it done.

I've checked the time, Mr 5...Sarcasm fail?

beware1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beware1984
j5 wrote:If this is supposed to be "Fresh prince", you got the line wrong. It went "now this is a story all about how, my life got flipped turned upside down"

I wasn't trying to copy the line I just wanted to allude to it. However after your comments I may want to make it closer to the song lyrics.

j5

Mavyn wrote:I've checked the time, Mr 5...Sarcasm fail?

Venue + Audience = alternate expectations.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Johndis5 wrote:The one time a "Monica's Blue Dress" costume T-shirt would be appropriate and they are all out of blue blanks.

That depends on what your definition of blue is.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 100 Private Messages Thirdbase9
cdrewlow wrote:There's still this!

Two ice cubes and a baby?

I don't know.

elizabethsamples

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elizabethsamples

Ugh really? I am afraid I won't be purchasing or voting on any of these. They are so bad I felt a need to comment. Maybe we should have a worst one contest. Sorry to be so brutal but hey $12 bucks is $12 bucks. A shame the 90's was a pretty cool decade and all ya'll could come up with was www and teenage mutant ninja turtles. *sigh maybe next time Woot. I mean Big hair, Leg warmers, think of what you could have done with hairspray!!

j5

elizabethsamples wrote:A shame the 90's was a pretty cool decade and all ya'll could come up with was www and teenage mutant ninja turtles. *sigh maybe next time Woot. I mean Big hair, Leg warmers, think of what you could have done with hairspray!!

That was the 80s.

ohthatdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohthatdeb

I think you pups are too young to remember. I was in college and grad school in the 90s. I don't have these tv/catch phrase memories. For me, the 90s started in 1989 with the Berlin Wall and Tiananmen Square. Imagine if everyone in South Korea woke up one morning and said, "Yeah... but screw this. We're out of here." Amazing!

The 90s were before the bubble, before the crash, before 9/11, before irony became our defensive default.

For me, the 90s were about living with 6 other people in a church basement, watching MTV's "Real" Life and laughing our butts off because those lazy brats didn't even pay rent. The 90s were about shopping at the Salvation Army and still looking cool because musicians had suddenly stopped dressing up -- grunge, people, do we not remember grunge? I remember going out for the evening with $20 and coming back with $5. Here, go watch this: Slacker, Richard Linklater. http://www.crackle.com/c/Slacker/Slacker/2485349

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ohthatdeb wrote:For me, the 90s started in 1989 with the Berlin Wall and Tiananmen Square. Imagine if everyone in South Korea woke up one morning and said, "Yeah... but screw this. We're out of here." Amazing!

South Korea or North Korea? Either way, it would be impressive, but I'd be fairly confused if everyone in South Korea woke up one day and decided to emigrate.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Anybody out there?

Here's a WIP. Which tagline is funnier? Or maybe someone has a genius idea? Still a lot of work to do...

ohthatdeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohthatdeb
neuropsychosocial wrote:South Korea or North Korea? Either way, it would be impressive, but I'd be fairly confused if everyone in South Korea woke up one day and decided to emigrate.

OOH even better!

::BANG BANG BANG::

"Jong-un! The Jong-un-ator! Where is that guy... hey JOOOONG! We're here!"

"Who...?"

"SOUTHIE in the house, what WHAT?"

"I don't under..."

"Yeah, we've been listening to your broadcasts, man -- sounds like you're living the good life up here, so we thought we'd stop by!"

"How did you..."

"Get past the guards, I know, I know -- c'mere, listen, this is the best. We came up to the gate, right, and there's like, 49,779,000 of us -- yeah, yeah, they're all coming, man! -- and we said, check it out, we said 'anybody got a dime?' BAAAH! HAH HAH! It's funny, right, because it's from that movie... ok, yeah, my man on the gate didn't get it either. Anyway we just said, we're coming in, what you gonna do? Dude looks around and zhoom! He's going out! LOT of people going out, really... you got anything to eat?"

(But no, sadly, just a flub)

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

One more thing - is there a market for a flying toasters shirt?

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
orabbit wrote:One more thing - is there a market for a flying toasters shirt?

Ha! Throw in some never-ending pipes in a starfield and you're golden.

bouldert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bouldert

Where is an X-files design? I would buy an X-files shirt.

elldee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages elldee

Wish I were an artist. Would've tried to depict two concepts discussed ad nauseum during my grad school years at that time -- "paradigm shift" and the "fish!" management philosophy. These sum up the 90s for me...