3%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

woot! So happy to see this print! Gratz walmazan!

Voted, and bought as soon as I saw it printed!

jdelvoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jdelvoie

I ******* LOVE TESSELLATIONS!

lavenderpoet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lavenderpoet

Don't you mean ptero/brachio?

I love Walmazan's shirts. <3

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Wow! Thanks wooters for all the support!

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Any guesses as to how many eyeballs are on that t-shirt? I'm thinking this one might take the Woot cake on most eyeballs printed on a single shirt.

I'm just thinking out loud, I'm not counting, the eyeballs at least. I am counting on someone else to take up the challenge and go cross-eyed sorting it out. Multiplication will make it easier though.

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn

(The grandmother who invented GINGHAM in 1943 unfortunately wasn't around to enjoy the phenomenon of Psy doing GINGHAM STYLE.)

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

It's a fabulous Eschermazan design!

This is a brilliant design that instantly reads as Escher because it captures one of his most famous genres, combined with Walmazan's iconic style of drawing characters and typical colors. And I love the movement in the design!

Congratulations on the print, Walmazan.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats Wences!!!

inspektordogge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages inspektordogge

I'd hate to be nitpicky, but this isn't what we voted on. There were no light blue pterodactyls on the submission... I liked the submitted design better, with only medium blue pterodactyls. This makes it look like the brachiosauruses are turning into pterodactyls. Ehhh.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

I feel sad - the poor brontos can't fly away.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

kytyn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kytyn

gotta agree with inspektordo. - I didn't even see the contest and my first thought was that the light blue ones were all wrong. Why would it change from the original? I'd buy it but can't pull the trigger on this one.

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

Not sure why the sauropods suddenly turn into pterosaurs, but it's still very cute!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
inspektordogge wrote:I'd hate to be nitpicky, but this isn't what we voted on. There were no light blue pterodactyls on the submission... I liked the submitted design better, with only medium blue pterodactyls. This makes it look like the brachiosauruses are turning into pterodactyls. Ehhh.

Hmm, that's a really good point. The mock-up here isn't the same as the one in the Derby. Woot is generally quite strict about print-ready files matching Derby submissions. Any woot staff want to comment?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ecoria

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ecoria

It's not just a color difference, there it's also a distance in the placement of the spread wing ptero's which definitely alters it's original feel. Can not get behind this one.

delerium23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages delerium23

Tessellations are awesome!

acraigl

quality posts: 56 Private Messages acraigl

Love the M.C. Escher inspired design. I've always been fascinated with the mathematical/artistic blending in them, and this echos that beautifully.

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

Great design man, congrats!

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM

Agreed that the version voted on is superior. Why are there suddenly transforming critters? Won't buy this version, and I'd like to know why the difference?

lastviking77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lastviking77

Very nicely done. Charming.

susanzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanzell

I agree. I would have bought the one voted on but do not like the change that includes the lighter blue pteros.

qetza

quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza

Congrats Walmazan!

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139
safyrejet wrote:Any guesses as to how many eyeballs are on that t-shirt? I'm thinking this one might take the Woot cake on most eyeballs printed on a single shirt.

I'm just thinking out loud, I'm not counting, the eyeballs at least. I am counting on someone else to take up the challenge and go cross-eyed sorting it out. Multiplication will make it easier though.

I counted 159 creatures on the shirt, so I guess 318 eyeballs?

That's a lot of eyeballs, indeed.

Edit: The top-right pterodactyl only has one eyeball. So, the answer is 317.

Insert signature here.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary
jsh139 wrote:I counted 159 creatures on the shirt, so I guess 318 eyeballs?

That's a lot of eyeballs, indeed.

Edit: The top-right pterodactyl only has one eyeball. So, the answer is 317.

hmmmm - I thought they ALL only had one eyeball showing. I thought the other part was an ear on the brachiosaurus and a nostril on the pterodactyl.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01

Congrats again amigo, well deserved, you r on fire!!

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling
inspektordogge wrote:This makes it look like the brachiosauruses are turning into pterodactyls. Ehhh.

Agreed. I was wondering if anyone else noticed they were morphing as well.

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I too am disappointed by the color change in the pterodactyls. There also seems to be a sideways stretch at the lower-left corner. I liked that the movement was all at the upper-right corner. This was going to be an instant buy when I voted for it in the derby, but now I'm not sure.

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
inspektordogge wrote:I'd hate to be nitpicky, but this isn't what we voted on. There were no light blue pterodactyls on the submission... I liked the submitted design better, with only medium blue pterodactyls. This makes it look like the brachiosauruses are turning into pterodactyls. Ehhh.

That's what was bugging me! Yes, why is there a change to the print piece vs the derby entry? The derby entry was more pleasing to the eye and more true to the inspiration artwork.

Triosinal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Triosinal

I also didn't see the derby sub, but I was wondering for a moment where the brachiosauruses were going, or if they were turning into pterodactyls, and thought I'd come in here to see if someone could make it make sense. After seeing the derby sub, now, I have another nit-pick: on this version, the 7th brachiosaurus up on the right side is entirely unsupported; the derby subbed version had no floating brachi's.

inimicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inimicus

I have to agree with the nitpickers on this one, though I credit the artist because the initial design and the concept are awesome. It is very different from the voted on design. The brachiosauruses turning into pterodactyls, the light blue pterodactyls, and I don't know if it was previously mentioned but it looks like there is an extra pterodactyl added at the top left that I don't much care for. For those reasons, I'm out. What's the deal Woot?

edit: Totally just noticed the unsupported brachiosaurus... That would drive me nuts too...

skgpyro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skgpyro

I took it as a reference to Dr. Grant's theory of dinosaurs turning into birds. If that makes it a Jurassic Park shirt, it goes way up in my book.

briacha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briacha
skgpyro wrote:I took it as a reference to Dr. Grant's theory of dinosaurs turning into birds. If that makes it a Jurassic Park shirt, it goes way up in my book.

I think it's an awesome interpretation!

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn

When I saw this in the RSS feed I thought it was going to be the first woot shirt i've bought for months, but the mistake with the brachio turning into the ptero would just bug me too much to wear it. First thing I saw when I looked at the big version.

Edit: also, as others have said it doesn't match the derby art. Shenanigans, I say.

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond
theoneill555 wrote:I feel sad - the poor brontos can't fly away.

I don't get as much a sense of sad looking at this version, but the color switch up is strange.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Wonderful design! Congrats on another well deserved win, Wences!

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM

No staff comment on the changed artwork? That's disappointing...

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

Much as I love Walmazan's artistic stylings, I've never bought any of his shirts. Just too much cute for me. This was an unexpected and very refreshing entry and I was really hoping to add it to my collection.

Sadly, this design is not what was voted on. What gives? I hope, at least, that the alterations were a decision on the artist's part.

MSUandUGA

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MSUandUGA

Argh, I would have bought if it was printed as shown in the Derby. I too am bothered by the two colors of pterodactyls, indicating that the dinosaurs tuned into pterodactyls. Weird. And thanks to the other person who pointed out the unsupported dinosaur. Now that's all I can see. Therefore...a no go for me. I'm a little OCD that way!

mooly123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooly123
ClaudiaM wrote:No staff comment on the changed artwork? That's disappointing...

I agree. I'd like to know what's up because I would have bought the derby entry to wear while I teach.

gertiestn

quality posts: 57 Private Messages gertiestn
mooly123 wrote:I agree. I'd like to know what's up because I would have bought the derby entry to wear while I teach.

I'm awaiting word, too.