Good one!

coconutman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coconutman1
harantula wrote:haha!funny!

Thanks harantula! And thanks all for the votes :D

coconutman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coconutman1
Re: We're All Scared, Son.

Hahaha I love the "flag" detail. Good one!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
shikausstan wrote:So uh... was it the Phrase or the hat? I guess I will resub without the words let's get and find out.

My guess is that because Darkwing Duck is a Walt Disney character and even though you changed the slogan, the hat itself may be the issue. Woot seems to stay away from all stuff Disney.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
captainpoet wrote:Yeah...I wasn't really sure what the Green ranger one was. It looked like it may of been Link due the Ocarina, but the mask looked like your stereotypical green alien heads from the 90's and the weapon that the red ranger is holding looked to me like a green tail...so I thought the green ranger may of been a reference to a reptilian character, but I couldn't think of the name of the cartoon from back then of the fighting reptile that seemed to lose his tail in about half the episodes due to some sort of misshap. Still though definitely voted on this. Also is the black ranger a reference to multiple things? I thought it was Batman at first, but then was confused by the sword, and remember that the black ranger definitely had a power axe!

The black ranger is Cloud from FF7, lol. I thought that might be a more obscure reference then the others, ah well. It's the only video game hero that was close in color to the black ranger...well besides the ninja "Zool" from the old Genesis game. Though I doubt anyone played that but me, hehe.

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

Lately, I've noticed less votes, lower shirt sales, less and less of the rejectionator and forum moderators, and a lot of design thefts. First I thought it was the holidays but now I'm thinking it's something else. What is going on in the Derby? Did I miss something?

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Dinosaurs Park v2

Amazing work , video is ace. +1

expo01

Re: Got Any Cheese?

Great work guys! +1

expo01

Re: The Silence of the Lambs

lol great! +1

oakenspirit

quality posts: 72 Private Messages oakenspirit
Narfcake wrote:I think so, Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a hose at this hour?

Hehe... Your name is perfect... NARF!!!

oakenspirit

coconutman1 wrote:Hahaha I love the "flag" detail. Good one!

Thanks! Glad you like it. Wasn't sure if many people were getting the Earnest goes to camp/Salute your shorts massup...

Might be too random. ;)

oakenspirit

harzack wrote:Multipass!

Had a time debating between a multipass, big badaboom, or chicken good shirt... hehe

meise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meise
Re: The Day My Childhood Died

What happened on May 19, 1999?

kcastle411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcastle411
Re: Giga Pets

Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!Ohmygosh!!! YESSSSSSS

kcastle411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcastle411
Re: Write to me

hahaha so good.

tonycenteno

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tonycenteno
tonycenteno wrote:Video Process :D

If you are underage you must not view the video without your parents consent .... might contain some subliminal image, which may affect your future development as human beings: D

eblin80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eblin80

Looks similar to the link below, including the name plate and the joint fender

http://www.zazzle.fr/je_crois_que_vous_avez_mon_agrafeuse_t_shirts-235593321539335289

jakev41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakev41
ochopika wrote:The black ranger is Cloud from FF7, lol. I thought that might be a more obscure reference then the others, ah well. It's the only video game hero that was close in color to the black ranger...well besides the ninja "Zool" from the old Genesis game. Though I doubt anyone played that but me, hehe.

The only one I didn't get was the green one. He looks more like an alien than link. The pink one also took me a while but cloud/black came to me pretty quick.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Speeding into the Future @ 56k!

DUAL floppy drives?!! That is one stacked system.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: WWW

Yeah, I'd get one.

jakev41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakev41
Re: Mighty Mews

Is it like mew the pokemon?

dirtdirt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dirtdirt
stingray69 wrote:DUAL floppy drives?!! That is one stacked system.

Ha! I should have put a Zip drive in there!

wkjii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkjii
Re: Chaos

I suppose that was a waste of time DRAWING Eris. I shouldn't have spent the effort on shading I guess?

Maybe the halftone makes it look like a photo... hmmm... Is it worth redrawing it with such a short time left? It didn't get votes anyway. I think I'll just take my drawing being rejected as a photo as a complement and move on.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
meise wrote:What happened on May 19, 1999?

Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Lanford Loose Meat

lol nice! Roseanne!

joegillum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joegillum
roussie wrote:I love it because I had to think about it. And for all you haters: we all know the pilot year for Spongebob was the best.

Wow, really people?! Judging by the votes so far, the WOOT community is the worst judge of good designs ever. Why don't you pick something you'd actually wear.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
eblin80 wrote:Looks similar to the link below, including the name plate and the joint fender

http://www.zazzle.fr/je_crois_que_vous_avez_mon_agrafeuse_t_shirts-235593321539335289

To be fair, both staplers are nearly exact copies of Swingline's 747 stapler - although David's is clearly a drawing and the other is clearly a photograph.

mistressofpez wrote:Thought the quote was: Je crois que vous avez mon agrafeuse.

I've never seen the movie (TV show?), but David is referencing René Magritte's La trahison des images, an iconic painting.

Narfcake wrote:One nit: Milton's stapler is a 646, not the 747 [snip].

This made me wonder what a Swingline 787 would look like. I assume that it would be powered by a lithium-ion battery and burst into flames at random moments.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

gameon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gameon
Re: All Righty Then Detective Agency

A nod to 1994's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

This was my first attempt at using halftones.

My site: Thought Provoking Shirts - designs to make you think and laugh at the same time.

mailmanmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mailmanmo
joegillum wrote:Wow, really people?! Judging by the votes so far, the WOOT community is the worst judge of good designs ever. Why don't you pick something you'd actually wear.

Yep agreed. Cleverness aside and the debate about it being 90's culture or not (it's not), this is hideous on a t-shirt.

lyonscc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Salvation Lies Within (v3)

A friend of mine at work needed me to explain this to him. Just in case you don't get it, here are some of the relvant scenes from Shawshank Redemption:

And

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365
Re: GAME BAYwatch

I remember this red color short : )

helo12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages helo12
oakenspirit wrote:Welcome!

Fun idea.

Thanks! I appreciate the support. There are some really cool submissions and designs, including yours.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
dondon3971 wrote:I love it...
REJECTED

Aw, I'm happy you liked it. Rejections are part of derbying so no worries. Follow me on Facebook to see where this design ends up.

fishbiscuit5

Re: 1989 - 1999

I still have my gameboy. Cute design!

fishbiscuit5

Re: My Upside Down Life

Loving the detail. This is a fun design. As a Philly girl, I would totally buy one!

lazydbm13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lazydbm13

I want this so bad!!!

dbenton25

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dbenton25

neuropsychosocial - Thank you for the robust breakdown. You haven't seen Office Space? I highly recommend it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/

David Benton a.k.a. Droidloot

Redbubble - Welovefine - Spreadshirt - Facebook

ayerscolleen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayerscolleen
Re: 90's Sci-fi evolution

Missing Babylon 5 - how can you miss a 90's sci-fi show that ran 5 years (7 including the Rangers and Crusades miniseries) and won 2 Hugo awards?!

oneshoeoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oneshoeoff
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Loving the detail. This is a fun design. As a Philly girl, I would totally buy one!

Thanks!!