quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Scarves?
  • 4.3% - Oh yeah! 277
  • 1.4% - Whenever I can! 90
  • 8.8% - Maybe, occasionally. 570
  • 85.6% - No way! 5570
6507 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

People should only wear scarves if:

1. It is snowing
2. She is an Eastern European woman that emigrated here after the collapse of the Soviet Union
3. He/She is in the armed forces and wears a shemagh to cover up from the wind and sand
4. They attend Hogwarts

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

0. Tom Baker

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Only when the temperature is below zero.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

The sartorial possibilities of scarves are multitudinous and quite warming, indeed. I sigh quite heavily at the lack of imagination so many display in their small-minded insistence that scarves are only for warmth in extreme weather conditions. Ahhh, to live life without knowledge of the warm fabulosity of the scarving way is a sorry existence, verily. Oh, how my heart weeps for such cold feeling! Oh, how my mind cowers from such frigid rigidity of thought! Oh, how my soul whimpers at so many frozen wastelands of unscarfed being! Oh, oh, oh, how pity and horror overwhelm me as I flail through the nightmares of those who refuse to think exactly as I do! Aiiiii!!!!!!

Ahem.

Scarves are awesome, yo. Just as functional and fun in the frying desert as in harsh winter and anything in between. Scarveses, my precious, yes we loves the scarvessssssss...

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Babooshka!

move along

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
goldenthorn wrote:The sartorial possibilities of scarves are multitudinous and quite warming, indeed. I sigh quite heavily at the lack of imagination so many display in their small-minded insistence that scarves are only for warmth in extreme weather conditions. Ahhh, to live life without knowledge of the warm fabulosity of the scarving way is a sorry existence, verily. Oh, how my heart weeps for such cold feeling! Oh, how my mind cowers from such frigid rigidity of thought! Oh, how my soul whimpers at so many frozen wastelands of unscarfed being! Oh, oh, oh, how pity and horror overwhelm me as I flail through the nightmares of those who refuse to think exactly as I do! Aiiiii!!!!!!

Post of the week?

Scarves are awesome, yo.

Yeah... scarves look awesome on other people, but when I try to wear one, within 10 minutes I look like I belong on some "fashion fail" blog. I've tried reading about how to drape or tie them and it always looks ridiculous.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Totally agree with goldenthorn!! I have scarves in every color of the rainbow, some knitted, some cashmere-y, some silk, some long with fringe, some square, etc. Warm, when needed, decorative at other times, scarves are a wonderful fashion accessory!! Want a compliment? Want to meet new people? Wear a scarf! Seriously, mine always lead to compliments and conversations.

07/11/14

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123
olperfesser wrote:Only when the temperature is below zero.

This. Wearing a scarf when it isn't cold = wearing sunglasses indoors.

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

I gave my wife a ring to show my love and signify our engagement, she knitted me a Doctor Who scarf that is over 10 feet in length to show her love. It's pretty darned awesome, and her more so for making it for me.

I wear it whenever it gets cold enough to do so.

kristindemarois

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristindemarois
caramelarrow wrote:Totally agree with goldenthorn!! I have scarves in every color of the rainbow, some knitted, some cashmere-y, some silk, some long with fringe, some square, etc. Warm, when needed, decorative at other times, scarves are a wonderful fashion accessory!! Want a compliment? Want to meet new people? Wear a scarf! Seriously, mine always lead to compliments and conversations.

I completely agree with this! I LOVE to wear a scarf & I usually just wrap it around my neck once and let the ends hang down the front...people always compliment my outfits!!