3%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

This is absolutely adorable! Great job Ochopika!

Finally, a shirt that depicts puppies in all their cuteness and cats in all their homicidal smugness.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Stark

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Stark

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

Reaction after seeing picture: Aw, that's so sweet!

Reaction after reading text: Huh? ...oh. Oh, my. I see what you did there. Evil kitty.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh

For the record, cats and dogs don't have to be enemies. Case in point:

http://funnywildlife.tumblr.com/post/22650837182/im-there-for-you-smaigel-the-cat-nurses-her

silverlake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverlake

Love this shirt, specially in red.

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
neuropsychosocial wrote:This is absolutely adorable! Great job Ochopika!

Finally, a shirt that depicts puppies in all their cuteness and cats in all their homicidal smugness.

Awww, but kitties are wonderful and sweet little things! Kitty probably didn't know....

lstaff

quality posts: 200 Private Messages lstaff

Brilliant!!!!!

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
tsukitensh wrote:For the record, cats and dogs don't have to be enemies. Case in point:

http://funnywildlife.tumblr.com/post/22650837182/im-there-for-you-smaigel-the-cat-nurses-her

Valid point, here's a picture of my now passed away dog, and her best buddy, Sir Kitty!

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456

It is almost impossible for a dog over 10ish pounds to die from eating chocolate unless you happen to buy in crazy bulk. Or so says the Vets to which I've talked. (60 lb dog ate a 2lb box of chocolate. Vet said he'd need to eat 10+lbs for it to even be a concern)

kat9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kat9

Cats also cannot consume chocolate.

One day, our cat ate some dark chocolate brownies (regular...not special brownies) that were given to my husband as a gift from his customers when his store closed and when we discovered what happened, we had to rush him to the 24 hour emergency hospital right away to get it out of him.

We also learned that night, that apparently, you cannot easily induce cats to vomit.

Luckily for most cat owners, generally speaking, cats know better than to eat chocolate, ours did not.

pushingrobot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pushingrobot

It's actually perfectly OK to feed your dogs chocolate, as long as you keep it within reason. A safe limit would be one standard milk chocolate Hershey's bar (1.55oz) per 10 pounds of body weight per day. It may seem like a lot, but it really isn't; in fact, your dog would have to consume ten times as much before its life was in any danger.

But avoid feeding dark or unsweetened chocolate. These are much more concentrated and the usual culprits for theobromine poisoning--well, that and very small dogs eating very large amounts of chocolate.

(Oh, and judging by the size of the dog and chocolates on the shirt, it could eat them all without any ill effects.)

arrakisforce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arrakisforce

Beyond cute. I should totally buy since this will be the only highlight of my sad Valentines Day.

"Do or do not do, there is not try"

buckylarue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages buckylarue

I think you're all missing the point. Of course the cat knows the dog can't have chocolate; those are really festively decorated kitty droppings, like the dog eats from the box every day.

The problem is, the dog is allergic to roses.

ancyker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ancyker
buckylarue wrote:I think you're all missing the point. Of course the cat knows the dog can't have chocolate; those are really festively decorated kitty droppings, like the dog eats from the box every day.

The problem is, the dog is allergic to roses.

I keep forgetting this isn't Reddit and try to up vote people.

Senshi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Senshi

This is still my favorite cat and dog shirt.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

ooooooooooo, okay, NOW I understand the shirt!

Thank you forum people of woot!

that was fun while it lasted!

w4ffles

quality posts: 9 Private Messages w4ffles

Reminds me of Garfield and Odie.

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee

I just assumed kitty shopped at http://poshpuppyboutique.com

and that this was a nice kitty and an ungrateful pup. *sigh* unrequited love.

Besides, where's the fun in picking on.... er I mean playing with a sick puppy ?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
kat9 wrote:
We also learned that night, that apparently, you cannot easily induce cats to vomit.

Learned from whom????

Ipecac syrup will induce cats to vomit.

One of ours ate something bad and we gave it to him, he ralphed all over the place.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

Anytime I see something about puppy love, I'm reminded of this "supercool" video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyUec-lv_jI.

jonathanluu2

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jonathanluu2

I didnt even think about the chocolate-being-bad-for-dogs thing. I jumped to conclusion that the cat had cleverly disguised his droppings and was attempting to prank the dog.

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

Timely shirt for me - last night my dog tried to take the cat's head off whilst we were all sitting on the sofa. He scared the crap outta me, and I scolded him harshly, but I can't help but wonder what she did to provoke him. I know who the evil one is in my house...

besides me, anyway.

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly
jonathanluu2 wrote:I didnt even think about the chocolate-being-bad-for-dogs thing. I jumped to conclusion that the cat had cleverly disguised his droppings and was attempting to prank the dog.

HAH! So it wasn't just me. XD That's what I thought too - and then I looked at it again and said, "Oh. I see what you did there."

KevinSGreen

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KevinSGreen

I'm not buying the evil kitty spiel.

If it was just the box of chocolates, then perhaps it would be suspect. But there are roses and a heart above the kitty indicating affection.

Here's what I think happened next ...
Dog: Nice try.
Cat: What? What do you mean 'Nice try'?
Dog: I can't have chocolate. It's poison to dogs.
Cat: Oh?! Seriously, I didn't know. Me too. But I thought since we're so different, you could have them. I'm really sorry. But look, I got you roses too.
Dog: Yeah, well, i'm sure those are poisoned too, right?
Cat: Sigh.

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

ROFL:ROFL:LOL:ROFL:ROFL
.................|..................
..L......../-----------
LOL===...............[]\
..L.......\..................\
............\__________\
.................|....|
.............------------/

Roflcopter!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Great stuff, ocho! At first glance touching, and then twisted. My favorite.

:^)

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

At first I was like, aw, how cute. But then I was like, it's a trap! Adorably funny, Ocho!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Thanks for the funny links and nice comments, everyone!
I didn't expect my design to be interpreted so...umm...creatively by some folks, hehe. I'll confirm that those are really chocolates, not any OTHER kind of cat "present". I mean they can be whatever is funniest to you, of course.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

clever shirt Ochopika--congrats

jspickler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspickler
Reclaimer456 wrote:It is almost impossible for a dog over 10ish pounds to die from eating chocolate unless you happen to buy in crazy bulk. Or so says the Vets to which I've talked. (60 lb dog ate a 2lb box of chocolate. Vet said he'd need to eat 10+lbs for it to even be a concern)

pushingrobot wrote:It's actually perfectly OK to feed your dogs chocolate, as long as you keep it within reason. A safe limit would be one standard milk chocolate Hershey's bar (1.55oz) per 10 pounds of body weight per day. It may seem like a lot, but it really isn't; in fact, your dog would have to consume ten times as much before its life was in any danger.

But avoid feeding dark or unsweetened chocolate. These are much more concentrated and the usual culprits for theobromine poisoning--well, that and very small dogs eating very large amounts of chocolate.

(Oh, and judging by the size of the dog and chocolates on the shirt, it could eat them all without any ill effects.)

I feel like I should point out your irresponsibility for posting things like this on the web, since many people could be misled into thinking that it’s okay to “feed” their pets things that are toxic to them. I highly doubt any respectable vet would actually recommend anyone intentionally feed their dog (or cat) chocolate products. If a vet is informing you about what mg/Kg levels of caffeine and theobromine are tolerated by most pets, it is probably just to inform you about what to do if your pet got in to something and ate some chocolate. The fact remains though that each animal is an individual, and just because one animal is not symptomatic at a certain exposure don’t mean another won’t die at the same mg/Kg intake. Ultimately the matter is your choice as a pet owner, but please don’t encourage or otherwise suggest that it is perfectly fine to feed chocolate to cats and dogs.

jagarrou

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jagarrou

My border collie ate an entire jumbo bag of those Lindt Lindor truffles (assorted). She was polite enough to unwrap them all first and leave the little plastics in a neat pile. Then she proceded to barf up all the truffles at the foot of the woman who was meeting her for the first time to be her pet-sitter for the holidays. Merry Christmas!

Yeah, don't give your dogs chocolate. Of course, she didn't have a kitty to blame it on, just an adult human who left the bag of truffles on the floor, and then left the house :-(

It's the humans you have to watch out for.

Kitties are evil, though, for reals.

mortaine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mortaine

My mom's childhood dog died from eating chocolate.

Jumped up on the table, scarfed the entire 2 lb. box down. Then promptly fell off the table and broke her damn neck.

Chocolate is bad for dogs.

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
jspickler wrote:I feel like I should point out your irresponsibility for posting things like this on the web, since many people could be misled into thinking that it’s okay to “feed” their pets things that are toxic to them. I highly doubt any respectable vet would actually recommend anyone intentionally feed their dog (or cat) chocolate products. If a vet is informing you about what mg/Kg levels of caffeine and theobromine are tolerated by most pets, it is probably just to inform you about what to do if your pet got in to something and ate some chocolate. The fact remains though that each animal is an individual, and just because one animal is not symptomatic at a certain exposure don’t mean another won’t die at the same mg/Kg intake. Ultimately the matter is your choice as a pet owner, but please don’t encourage or otherwise suggest that it is perfectly fine to feed chocolate to cats and dogs.

Saying your animal is not going to die unless it eats copious amounts of chocolate is not saying it is ok to feed your pet chocolate. Even if you take out the one angle, there are quite a few reasons why it is absolutely Pinkie Pie to feed an animal chocolate.

turtlegir1

quality posts: 34 Private Messages turtlegir1

Please print this shirt in a pullover hoodie and add it to the Valentine's special offer? Please???

steveblack37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steveblack37
turtlegir1 wrote:Please print this shirt in a pullover hoodie and add it to the Valentine's special offer? Please???

I would buy this...

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot:0m 49.221s
First Sucker: baybei
Last Wooter to Woot: Methuselah8
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold: 723

First day sales 723
First day posts 35

ebam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebam

this is one of my favorite designs in a while.
buying it would result in my leveling up in woot-land.
do I *really* have a choice??

(also, I saw too many ER cases involving dogs and chocolate when I was a tech. The toxic dose of potassium cyanide is 200-300 mg for people. Does that mean it's ok to only have 15 mg? I wouldn't advise it. same logic applies.)

jotarojo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jotarojo

My Dad is a small-animal veterinarian, and he gets so many cases of dogs eating chocolate all the time. Guess what he's getting for the 14th... :D

cookieaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cookieaddict

I'm new to Shirt.Woot and am wondering why I can't buy this shirt anymore. Is there a specific reason?