WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How do you feel about the short-sleeve-over-long-sleeve-t-shirt look?
  • 13.2% - I’m rocking it right now. 179
  • 29.7% - It’s a retro classic. 403
  • 36.5% - It’s no better or worse than the alternatives. 495
  • 19.8% - I can’t stand it. Should have died in the ‘90s. 268
  • 0.7% - I hold another opinion I’ll express in the comments. 10
1355 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

BlackCreekBearTRP1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackCreekBearTRP1

Then you also see others with just short sleeve shirts outside in 0°F weather.
So you tell me what would you prefer?
At in your question they are wearing sleeve's and layer's, some people I'm seeing don't ever even do that.

smurfage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smurfage

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick

In warmer months, I wear tanks or t-shirts.
In colder months, I layer. So, adding a long sleeve shirt under my t-shirts gives me warmth and lets me wear my woot shirts year-round.

It doesn't have a whole lot to do with looks for me. It's cold and I no longer care about what style was from when.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

It may not be attractive, but it allows you to use your summer wardrobe in the winter.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I quit caring what others thought of how I dressed in about the 7th grade when I was mocked for not wearing jeans that were 'tight enough'. I'm supposed to give a damn now?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I plead the Sheldon.

move along

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

I don't do it, but I won't turn my nose up to those who do.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

Forget short sleeve over long sleeve. I'm all about shorts over sweatpants.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51
odysseyroc wrote:Forget short sleeve over long sleeve. I'm all about shorts over sweatpants.

I DO turn my nose up at that

viidim7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages viidim7

I won't wear it myself, because I don't like layers. But when my three-year-old insists on wearing his short-sleeved Angry Bird t-shirt when it's 32 degrees outside, he'll be wearing it layered over a long-sleeved t-shirt.

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

It's a great way to dress my almost 3yo -- summer t-shirts keep going through the winter with the addition of a few layering shirts.

Not so good on my plus-size curvy figure.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I wear short-sleeve tshirts over long-sleeve thermal shirts all the time in the winter. My boyfriend does too.

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona

I do fairly often. How else could I wear all of the great Woot shirt designs which haven't been given a long sleeve option??

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Mavyn wrote:I quit caring what others thought of how I dressed in about the 7th grade when I was mocked for not wearing jeans that were 'tight enough'. I'm supposed to give a damn now?

I got mocked (by boys) for wearing pants that were too short. I then found out that boys hate having girls imply that they are short.

xercess

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xercess

The only thing that will really bug me is when someone (well, pretty much always a guy) wears a tight tee over an overtly large frumply long sleeve and it bunches up underneath and you can see wrinkles and it's like seriously dude didn't your momma teach you how can you stand it that doesn't it rub against your skin GHAAAAAAA

gameon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gameon

I like the long sleeve under short sleeve look. Not so much on myself but on other people.

My site: Thought Provoking Shirts - designs to make you think and laugh at the same time.