j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

How about some back catalog?
(not related to back bacon, back butter, back hoes, back track, etc.)

move along

kevlar51

quality posts: 43 Private Messages kevlar51
j5 wrote:How about some back catalogue?

My guess is they're still figuring out how to make the process more efficient so they don't have to close it down right away again.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:How about some back catalogue?

How about back away slowly?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Mavyn

Narfcake wrote:Back log of blanks ...

So, you're saying...Blank away slowly?

j5

Mavyn wrote:So, you're saying...Blank away slowly?

Blankety blank blanks

move along

kevlar51

j5 wrote:Blankety blank blanks

It's back up!

Though the recent side sale D-Contract-Designs are absent

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 32 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
kevlar51 wrote:It's back up!

Yay! I've been waiting to get some of my favorites.

jse1988

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jse1988

$18 is pretty steep. I thought they were $15....now i probably will only buy must have shirts nstead of what ever i "kinda" like

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

kevlar51 wrote:It's back up!

Yes, we'll be working to get those it but it will be an on-going project. We definitely haven't forgotten them.

kevlar51

Aaaaaand back down again. Suppose they hit their daily limit already.

tgentry wrote:Yes, we'll be working to get those it but it will be an on-going project. We definitely haven't forgotten them.

Cool thanks.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
kevlar51 wrote:Aaaaaand back down again. Suppose they hit their daily limit already.

This is truly funny.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

j5

tease

move along

Narfcake

With it being reopened (sort of), is RBBG-2012 officially over? Or will all Royal Blue designs in the catalog be printing on AA in the interim? Three of the shirts that were caught up in it still have the "warning" box, so.

kevlar51

neuropsychosocial wrote:This is truly funny.

Ha, I know it sounds like snark, but they're running with a daily cap right now.

j5

tellyawhut
less than 12 hours in (not sure when exactly the cap was reached since I only just checked) and the cap is alrady met.
Either that's one helluva demand or the cap is too low, or both.

move along

neuropsychosocial

kevlar51 wrote:Ha, I know it sounds like snark, but they're running with a daily cap right now.

I know - I was trying to say that it was funny that woot had reopened the catalog and already closed it two hours later because the cap had been met.

Not that you weren't funny.

Narfcake

j5 wrote:... Either that's one helluva demand or the cap is too low, or both.

I'm thinking both. The catalog was closed this morning (before 6am PST).

CrazysNicole

quality posts: 4 Private Messages CrazysNicole

So disappointed. I really need a girl side of the Just The Two Of Us shirt, and it says out of print.

I am going to cry. Mine got ruined and I've been trying for 2 years almost to get a new one. And everytime I find one on teetrade they've already sold it or they never reply. =(

Woot Shirts are my weakness...& Woot Monkeys...
... if I had a Woot Shirt with a Woot Monkey on it.. I may die of happiness...

neuropsychosocial

CrazysNicole wrote:So disappointed. I really need a girl side of the Just The Two Of Us shirt, and it says out of print.

I am going to cry. Mine got ruined and I've been trying for 2 years almost to get a new one. And everytime I find one on teetrade they've already sold it or they never reply. =(

Just the Two of Us will definitely be available through All Designs at some point. Because both shirts were offered on the same day, woot needs to manually go in and recode the page. They confirmed that they need to do this, but I think it slipped down the priority list when the catalog exploded. I just reminded staff, so perhaps they'll post an update over there.

Mavyn

Still open as of 8AM Eastern time.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Mavyn wrote:Still open as of 8AM Eastern time.

22 minutes later, aaaaaaaaaand it's down.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Narfcake wrote:With it being reopened (sort of), is RBBG-2012 officially over? Or will all Royal Blue designs in the catalog be printing on AA in the interim? Three of the shirts that were caught up in it still have the "warning" box, so.

Royal Blue is still on AA at this time. It's would be too much work to go update every sale with a note. Sorry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Narfcake

ThunderThighs wrote:Royal Blue is still on AA at this time. It's would be too much work to go update every sale with a note. Sorry.

In this case, feel sorry for the new workload that will be destined for the support staff. With folks feeling so strongly about one supplier's blank versus the other, and more importantly, the difference in sizing, some time spent by the Dev team to add the note will save a lot of grief and impact to support/shirt staff.

Just my thought from a business perspective ...

ETA: By the derby rule, I'm guessing a shortage of Cranberry blanks too?

j5

Narfcake wrote:ETA: By the derby rule, I'm guessing a shortage of Cranberry blanks too?

Short all the things!

move along

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Narfcake wrote:ETA: By the derby rule, I'm guessing a shortage of Cranberry blanks too?

We're trying the elimination process to see if we're allergic to cranberries.

(In seriousness, there was a mild concern of that happening, which has been since made non-issue. Better safe than sorry.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

CrazysNicole

quality posts: 4 Private Messages CrazysNicole
neuropsychosocial wrote:Just the Two of Us will definitely be available through All Designs at some point. Because both shirts were offered on the same day, woot needs to manually go in and recode the page. They confirmed that they need to do this, but I think it slipped down the priority list when the catalog exploded. I just reminded staff, so perhaps they'll post an update over there.

Ah, thank you! That makes sense and to know that one day I will be able to buy it is comforting. I emailed Woot and they just told me to try again after midnight when the catalog was up. It was like they didn't understand what I was saying.

Since the catalog was up when I was trying to order it.

Woot Shirts are my weakness...& Woot Monkeys...
... if I had a Woot Shirt with a Woot Monkey on it.. I may die of happiness...

neuropsychosocial

ThunderThighs wrote:Royal Blue is still on AA at this time. It's would be too much work to go update every sale with a note. Sorry.

What about a pop-up, like the one that said the catalog was oversold or the one that's there now that says "Whoops! We're not selling any more of these today"? It would only have to be programmed once, but it would be a general notice to anyone opening the catalog that royal blue was on AA. I can understand that it's too much expensive (in terms of devs' time) to put a notice on the page of every royal blue shirt, but there's also a financial cost to having customers' first experience with All Designs be negative if their shirt doesn't fit.

inkycatz wrote:We're trying the elimination process to see if we're allergic to cranberries.

(In seriousness, there was a mild concern of that happening, which has been since made non-issue. Better safe than sorry.)

I assumed it was more like, "WOAH! Two top-selling shirts on one of the least popular colors! We can do 300 cranberry shirts a week, but if fishbiscuit puts something else on cranberry, no way can we do 5000 cranberry shirts this week!" Which not exactly the same as "running out."

CrazysNicole wrote:Ah, thank you! That makes sense and to know that one day I will be able to buy it is comforting. I emailed Woot and they just told me to try again after midnight when the catalog was up. It was like they didn't understand what I was saying.

Support probably didn't understand. It's a problem that was limited just to two sets of shirts, but Loves Me/Loves Me Not is available in the Valentine's Day woot plus sale, so now it's only Just the Two of Us. It's probably not a high priority for woot, even though it's ONLY the one set of shirts, so a) don't panic b) remind them/us at some point if it hasn't made been available - as I said, I'm sure it's a low priority and all the woot staffers seem overworked, and I know how easy it is for me to keep putting off the "low priority" list in my own work!

neuropsychosocial

Catalog closed at 2:00AM woot time. Does it get weekends off?

otomeanoyo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages otomeanoyo
neuropsychosocial wrote:Catalog closed at 2:00AM woot time. Does it get weekends off?

Nope. It got layed off... again.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

Yeah just tried 5 minutes after the usual midnight time (12am where woot is) and it says it's down again. I was able to get one in a few days ago, but I was trying not to be greedy and only ordered one shirt. I still want to order at least two more from the back catalog.

thecircuitbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecircuitbox

I had it refresh the page every 30 secs and it wasn't open today or at least on a few grey and black shirts.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Looks like we had some technical difficulties this a.m. It's being looked into. Hopefully things will work tonight.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
ThunderThighs wrote:Looks like we had some technical difficulties this a.m. It's being looked into. Hopefully things will work tonight.

It's working now, thank you!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Routing new discussion to the Blog thread on the return of the Catalog.

neuropsychosocial

ThunderThighs wrote:Routing new discussion to the Blog thread on the return of the Catalog.

You really want the "regulars" to route our snark and puns to the Blog thread?

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:You really want the "regulars" to route our snark and puns to the Blog thread?

(nod)

neuropsychosocial

j5

neuropsychosocial wrote:You really want the "regulars" to route our snark and puns to the Blog thread?

I haven't been regular since I went off the Metamucil. I've got the grumpy down, though.
Related?

move along

neuropsychosocial

j5 wrote:I haven't been regular since I went off the Metamucil.

Please don't post an animated gif!