WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Theeeeey're heeeeere! Mere hours after launching our entire back catalog of shirts now available as on-demand prints, we realized we had a problem: namely, you guys wanted more shirts than we could keep up with. As far as problems go, that's a pretty awesome one to have, so we're proud to announce that after a brief hiatus we've beefed up production and our back in business! All our previous shirt designs are now available to you, the classic-tee-seeking enthusiast.

We've done a lot of careful calculating to determine just how many orders we can handle in a day (we asked Steve) while still printing our usual slew of screen-printed dailies and Top 20 orders as well, so we've set a cap on how many orders we can take. If you try to order from the catalog and notice we're closed for the day, just check back tomorrow. A little earlier.

Questions? Comments? Complaints? We're sure you have plenty. Let fly in the forums, friends!

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

I predict that this iteration of the complete catalog will be much like the Bunch of Changelings#39;s in both their popularity, and speed with which it sells out.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Is it possible to look at a shirt in the catalog and tell what tags have been applied to it?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj

Nice. We should also be able to sort by "Type" (i.e., hoodies, totes, long sleeves, etc.). Oh and this might be too much of a hassle, but letting us choose the color blank a design is on would also be pretty awesome (at least for the "Printed to Order" ones). Otherwise we'll never see all those handsome orange shirts (or the lonely pink shirt) again

Another note, for whatever reason none of the $15 shirts appear to have any category tags.

And do something like this for all the other Woot! sites! Way too many freakin' side sales to go through. Having a list of everything for sale on one page would make me indescribably happy.

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett

The ones that say "Out of Print" are those just temporarily gone or are those gone for good?

As a shirt.woot fan who has never been able to fit into your sizes, but am now VERY close to it, I'm ecstatic at the prospect of not missing out on the shirts I wanted due to my size. Plus then my fiance can keep the shirts I bought him with the intent for me to steal them back when they fit me...so it creates marital harmony! :D

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
tobakett wrote:The ones that say "Out of Print" are those just temporarily gone or are those gone for good?

Providing an example might help. Some, like those using special ink might show up in a side sale. Some, like the ones on orange, are probably gone in their existing format but might also show up in a side sale. Some shirts are not listed because Woot no longer has the rights to them, so they might be able to work something out, might not. Some, like Dark Knight or Cotton Armor, were pulled from printing for legal reasons are really are gone for good.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

neuropsychosocial

tobakett wrote:The ones that say "Out of Print" are those just temporarily gone or are those gone for good?

If you look at this list, the shirts that are listed as "Trademark/Copyright," "Plagiarism," "Contact Violation," and "Promotional Prints" are gone for good.

"Metallic Ink" and "Glow-in-the-Dark Ink" shirts can't be printed DTG, but they appear fairly regularly in Woot Plus sales; I think almost all of the GitD ones have been offered over the past year.

Orange shirts show up occasionally in Woot Plus sales, especially around Halloween; the one pink shirt was offered in Woot Plus last week; the purple shirts were a special one-time Woot Plus sale earlier this year.

Shirts that were offered on a B-contract should be listed in the catalog as "out of print" because woot doesn't own the rights to print them. Shirts on a C-contract won't appear in the catalog at all. Woot has said that they would like to offer the artists the opportunity to have those shirts offered through All Designs, but it will take a while for that process to be completed.

If you're looking for Green Space, you can find it at your local American Apparel retail store. If you prefer Anvil, I'm sure it's available somewhere on Anvil!

neuropsychosocial

novastarj wrote:Nice. We should also be able to sort by "Type" (i.e., hoodies, totes, long sleeves, etc.).

Only short-sleeve shirts are available through the All Designs catalog. Woot has said that they might eventually begin offering stuff other than short-sleeve shirts, but they wanted to get the short-sleeve shirts right first - different materials absorb ink differently, so adding multiple colors of hoodies, totes, etc. would have seriously increased their learning curve with their new toy.

novastarj

quality posts: 30 Private Messages novastarj
neuropsychosocial wrote:Only short-sleeve shirts are available through the All Designs catalog. Woot has said that they might eventually begin offering stuff other than short-sleeve shirts, but they wanted to get the short-sleeve shirts right first - different materials absorb ink differently, so adding multiple colors of hoodies, totes, etc. would have seriously increased their learning curve with their new toy.

Oh I actually meant just including the currently available non-T-shirts that appear in the Woot side sales, not permitting us to order any design in any format.

While it would require some additional programming, it wouldn't require creating any new products.

tobakett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobakett
neuropsychosocial wrote:edited out long quote to save space

That helped a ton! Give this guy/gal a +1

Buccaneers of Caribbean #1 9-18-2012 (1 of the the Honest 200)

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Awesome! It's back! Yay!

Not sure where to post/send this, but I noticed that one of my designs is missing from the catalog this time around. It has the same name as another design, so I think that's why. The link to buy on this page goes to the other design. It's probably an issue for other designs with duplicate names, so I thought I'd mention it.

P.S. I apologize to Wences for accidentally ripping off his idea. They're really similar concepts. Gah!

djauhay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djauhay

Hello, I really want to order Lady Out of Water. I am actually a big fan of heavy ink printing and I am wondering if the new DTG printing will be super soft. Can anyone tell me if they have ordered a large/heavy ink design with the new DTG tech and how it feels...

Thank you!!

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
neuropsychosocial wrote:If you look at this list, the shirts that are listed as "Trademark/Copyright," "Plagiarism," "Contact Violation," and "Promotional Prints" are gone for good.

Thanks, neuro!

Initiation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Initiation

This would rule so much if they weren't printed on such low quality shirts. I can't stand buying a shirt that is three different sizes in different parts of the same shirt (arms, body, neck).

I miss buying woot shirts.

:: sad panda ::