WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How much does matching matter to you?
  • 9.7% - Not at all. Comfy shirt. Comfy pants. I’ll wear em together, regardless of what’s on em/what color they are. 104
  • 32.6% - Not much, but I’ll avoid the major stuff, like no striped shirts and striped pants. 351
  • 48.5% - A bit. I don’t pre-plan my outfits, but I take some time to make sure everything goes together. 522
  • 9.3% - A lot. Shirt, shoes, jacket, pants. It all matches! PERFECTLY! 100
1077 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

If by "matching" mean setting things on fire, then it matters a great deal to a pyro-maniac like me...

Wait, what?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

I screen formal, business wear to make sure ties and shirts go together. Belt and shoes are black; suits are dark blue, black and charcoal silver so they already go with everything.

If it's not formal, I wear whatever doesn't smell or have stains on it.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

I have many things that match, usually I match at LEAST my bandana and my Woot shirt. But beyond that I match with pants and jacket if I don't feel like wearing black.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9040815/ Example

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

The wife has a thing about showing her face in public so she lays out what I wear. Otherwise the closet is split in half and I grab the pants that are facing the shirt. Underwear and socks are light or dark. Colorblindness has it's advantages.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

drapes?

move along

ombasha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ombasha

Not at all because Hawaiian shirts go with everything!

thecircuitbox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thecircuitbox

It is weird for me since everything I buy goes together.

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

I do like adding in the matching color in the socks flair.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

Is't that what garanimals is for?

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

If you are a dude and you are worrying about matching your clothes for anything less than a formal or business event you deserve to have your man card confiscated and burned.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

I was recently told that if I'd worn the same socks I had on to my job interview, they would have known I really was 'IT'.

I don't think it was meant as a compliment.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Personally, I enjoy not looking like a total dork with black shoes and a brown belt. The females in my life agree.

move along

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

Everything I own is black, white, grey, or blue. I have a couple of red ties that I never wear.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
cdrewlow wrote:Is't that what garanimals is for?

I miss my garanimals. Choosing an outfit was so much easier back then.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

yeah, I've found if you match kids clothes to the same store, you can't really go wrong. Carters is great for this, so is Gymboree (and their other stores like Crazy 8s).

I think J Crew might be the closest we get to an adult version of that.

I just wear woot shirts now.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Match-y match-y ***shudders*** can be very boring. Coordination is much better. Clothing, like home decor items, should show your personality!! That's where woot comes in......

07/11/14

goddess8681

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goddess8681
bluejester wrote:If by "matching" mean setting things on fire, then it matters a great deal to a pyro-maniac like me...

Wait, what?

HAHAHAHAHA needed a good laugh thanks!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
fishbiscuit5 wrote:I miss my garanimals. Choosing an outfit was so much easier back then.

I would totally buy some adult garanimals. Maybe call them garalcohols and make them martini glasses, highballs and beer mugs.