WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How often do you check out Shirt.Woot?
  • 76% - Daily. 856
  • 17.3% - Couple times a week. 195
  • 2% - Once a week. 23
  • 3.1% - Maybe two or three times a month. 35
  • 1.6% - This is my first time here in years. You guys have changed, man. 18
1127 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

I check it out daily and use to try to comment daily, but have had my work schedule so all over the place I can't do that as often as I would like.

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Nightly is a more apt description.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

RipRap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RipRap

Every hour, on the hour.

Give or take minute.

More than 100 Woots (RipRap is better than everybody else, according to WOOT)
stop asking me to send you my used words. I recycle!

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

I check daily, hoping every day that W00T!/Amazon goes back to American Apparel blanks.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Never, I have people for that.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
elsupreme wrote:I check daily, hoping every day that W00T!/Amazon goes back to American Apparel blanks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This. I check to tally the shirts I would have ordered. I should just keep track of the money woot is saving me.

magiccheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magiccheese

I would daily if they offered larger sizes than 3xl, Glad I found shirtpunch that goes up to 4x.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
thumperchick wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^This. I check to tally the shirts I would have ordered. I should just keep track of the money woot is saving me.

Yeah, I haven't ordered a single t-shirt since the switch although I also look at the site almost daily. I did order a zip-up hoodie recently which I regret since it was definitely not worth the $30 price.

For me, it's not so much that woot switched to a non-American company as it is that it seems they did so in bad faith. After raising the price of the shirts from $10 to $12, presumably to keep using AA blanks, it was only a couple months before they switched to the Honduran Anvil blanks anyway but kept the price increase in tact.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar

Man, most of you guys check the site more often than I do, and I get paid to check it.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
llandar wrote:Man, most of you guys check the site more often than I do, and I get paid to check it.

I think that might be the point. I check woot when I am supposed to be doing something else and just about anything seems more compelling than what I need to do. When I'm actually supposed to be checking woot (at night when I pull the sales numbers), I often have a hard time pulling myself away from work - or the dishes really need to be washed - or... I really should stop reading woot and go write that email already.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

norcalbecca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages norcalbecca

I check several times a day to see what's new. In fact, I'll often check it right before bed to know if the day's design is one I'd want to buy (or add to the list... I'm at 57 so far).

smurfage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smurfage
thumperchick wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^This. I check to tally the shirts I would have ordered. I should just keep track of the money woot is saving me.

^^^^^ This, just this.

I check the daily design quickly and think "oh neat, I'll add that to my list for someday if they ever change", then quickly hop to the forum, fingers crossed, in hope of seeing an update on blanks, or if one color ran out, where I can go "mwahaha" and snatch a design up. Evil, yes I know.

Otherwise I go on my merry way, wake up the next day hoping there's an encouraging post

bsschreck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsschreck
elsupreme wrote:I check daily, hoping every day that W00T!/Amazon goes back to American Apparel blanks.

This.