WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

T-List 2012: Shirt of the Year

First, we gave you the winners of the various sub-categories. Second, we gave you the our favorites. But none of that compares to this! This is it! The one you've all been waiting for! THE SHIRT OF THE YEAR! "Shhhhhhh" by Robbie Lee!

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

And there goes my don't spend too much budget! Gah! How dare you woot!

werdwerdus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages werdwerdus

i don't get it, is there an inside joke in here somewhere?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Robbie! Congratulations!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Okay, not what I would have chosen (see this thread here for that) but I can dig it. Congrats, Robbie!

fwsch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fwsch

I must say this is the COOLEST shirt/hoodie design ever, because of a flippin ninja... but the hoodie is 50% cotton and 50% polyester?
I was about to buy it until I saw that. I'll just keep wearing my comfy 95% cotton 5% polyester AE hoodie. I prefer the softer higher cotton blend.

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

Ah, the indefatigable Robbie Lee has crept up and snagged tee shirt of the year. Well done Robbie, well done.

*Nods and claps claps solemnly*

bnbsouthworth

quality posts: 56 Private Messages bnbsouthworth

So what makes this Shirt of the Year? Sales? Votes? Staff bribes?

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

Really? This one wouldn't even have been on my Top 20 list. It's cute, and the graphics are well done, and it's funny, but... ?????

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

lonelypond

quality posts: 420 Private Messages lonelypond

ha! Always amusing. Congrats Robbie Lee, next up ninja robot?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
fwsch wrote:I must say this is the COOLEST shirt/hoodie design ever, because of a flippin ninja... but the hoodie is 50% cotton and 50% polyester?
I was about to buy it until I saw that. I'll just keep wearing my comfy 95% cotton 5% polyester AE hoodie. I prefer the softer higher cotton blend.

I really like the hoodies. The 50/50 blend makes them feel fleecy on the inside. They also hold up really well to washing. My Nevermoore hoodie has been washed probably close to 50 times (the dog looks at it and it's covered in dog hair!) and it looks great, still feels fleecy.

This is the first time that crewneck sweatshirts have been offered, and the first time that woot has allowed a choice in the color of the t-shirt blank. Shades of things to come?!?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

How did this end up shirt of the year? It's got nothing on the Unstealthiest Ninja series - and that's just out of the "ninja" genre!

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

congrats Robbie!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Congratulations Robbie!

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo

I have the green version of this shirt, and it's such a cool concept - but beware, fat bottom girls, that the ninja sits low on the back of the shirt, and the junk in your trunk will ruin the effect of the secret ninja climbing up your back because either his legs will be all scrunched up over the top of your butt, or stretched out over the lovely lady lumps. I suppose this would go for curvy dudes, as well. SO even though this ninja is awesome, my butt prevents me from showing it off.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Thanks, everyone! Thanks Woot!

Lots of great shirts this year. Troubled Waters, Hold Still Guys, Trivial Matters, a ton more... It's truly an honor to have my tiny ninja picked.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Huge congrats, Robbie! I had a feeling we would see this up here today.

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Robby! tottally deserved!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Wooo, congrats, Robbie!

amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo
werdwerdus wrote:i don't get it, is there an inside joke in here somewhere?

Would it help to direct you to the fact that this little guy is printed on the BACK?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats Robbie! Best design of the year and nary a robot in sight.

iceknyght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceknyght

Congrats! :D

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
rglee129 wrote:Thanks, everyone! Thanks Woot!

Lots of great shirts this year. Troubled Waters, Hold Still Guys, Trivial Matters, a ton more... It's truly an honor to have my tiny ninja picked.

Congratulations!!!! This shirt is great and now I think I need a new hoodie!

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
werdwerdus wrote:i don't get it, is there an inside joke in here somewhere?

Yeah. The ninja is riding on your back, sneakily awaiting the perfect time to attack you. And telling anyone who sees him to SSHHHH!! And not tell you he's there.

tabbyfoo wrote:I have the green version of this shirt, and it's such a cool concept - but beware, fat bottom girls, that the ninja sits low on the back of the shirt, and the junk in your trunk will ruin the effect of the secret ninja climbing up your back because either his legs will be all scrunched up over the top of your butt, or stretched out over the lovely lady lumps. I suppose this would go for curvy dudes, as well. SO even though this ninja is awesome, my butt prevents me from showing it off.

I was a bit worried about that with a t-shirt, but I'm thinking a hoodie would be okay, since they're worn loose. Thanks for the head's up!

neuropsychosocial wrote:I really like the hoodies. The 50/50 blend makes them feel fleecy on the inside. They also hold up really well to washing. My Nevermoore hoodie has been washed probably close to 50 times (the dog looks at it and it's covered in dog hair!) and it looks great, still feels fleecy.

I agree whole-heartedly. My hoodies have been washed, dried and beat up a lot - they have held up very well and are still very soft.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

hooray!
It's available in something other than gawdawful Green!!

move along

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

I think every one in the family has this shirt. Looks like we will be adding to our shirt/tote/hoodie collection.

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

congrats Robbie. I would have liked this printed on a poster myself!

edit:
bought a sweatshirt. Lets see how it goes!

that was fun while it lasted!

werdwerdus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages werdwerdus
amroyo wrote:Would it help to direct you to the fact that this little guy is printed on the BACK?

Yeah I noticed that. I guess I just don't think it's "SHIRT OF THE YEAR One More Friday Gone SWEET AWESOMENESS" it's just a typical neat shirt.woot shirt. To each his own I guess.

jpoviedo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jpoviedo

My kids LOVED this shirt so much (and received so many compliments) that I just had to buy 2 more! :o)

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

Big congratulations Robbie! As usual this one snuck up on me, even though I have already picked up two. What makes it work is the fact that the joke stays fresh every time you see it.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Friggin great!
a 3-day sale on the "best shirt of 2012" while the rest of the list gets a full week?

Guess I'll just wait until next time.

move along

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I got the crewneck sweatshirt today! One More Friday Gone, they weren't kidding when they said it's just a hoodie without the hood and pouch.

They fit exactly the same ! Very warm, soft, and the neck hole on the 2x is just right.

Thank you woot for bringing another product that I can safely buy. My wallet hates you though!

that was fun while it lasted!